Day 8

2013, Year of Us

Tuesday January 8th, 2013

As much as having a regular schedule would help Yu-ki, she really did not see the point of following Jongin to campus again. Yesterday was filled with many awkward hugs, a multitude of forced smiles, plenty of sitting around waiting. Yu-ki, as it turns out, is quite well known amongst her peers. Pretty much every other minute someone would come and have a one-sided conversation only to be interrupted by Jongin moments later. Teachers also seemed to take up an interest in her. Even though the two of them were different majors, Jongin being a dance major, all of his professors knew her by name and even made small talk like it was a regular occurrence. It only made Yu-ki more curious as to exactly what the extent of their relationship was.

 

Today wasn’t any different. Different people came up and tried to talk with her and would once again find Jongin speaking on her behalf. When that wasn’t happening Yu-ki was sitting through another one Jongin’s classes. There, she did the only thing she could. Watch. In a class of about 25, he was easily the best one there. Her eyes naturally following his form as he moved along with the music.

When the day was finally over, Yu-ki couldn’t wait to get back home and rest. Yesterday’s outing put a strain on her still recovering body and she hadn’t quite recovered fully from it.

As they were leaving campus and making their way back to Yu-ki apartment, someone called from behind. They turned their heads and saw a tall lanky individual barreling towards them. He came to a halt right in front of them almost falling over. “Good thing I caught you.” He said breathless. “Baek’s starting another project and needs models. You in?” he asked Jongin.

“Uhh, sure hyung but-” Jongin tried to say but was promptly cut off.

“Perfect. You’re done for the day right. Baekhyun wants us at the studio right now.” He said already walking away.

"But Yooki-”

“Yeah, Yooki can come too and take pictures like always. Let’s go.” He urged turning to face her. Auburn floppy hair, big smile, wide eyes.

“Park Chanyeol.” She whispered. Yu-ki recognized him from the photo she found two days ago. He was even better looking in real life, she didn’t think it was possible, but seeing him right in front of her eyes, it was hard to deny.

“Yes, yes that’s my name.” he said brushing her off. “Did you forget it over the break or something? We’ve been friends for like a year now.” Chanyeol scoffed. “What did you get like amnesia or something?” She couldn’t tell if he was joking or not. His expression gave nothing away.

“We should go.” Jongin said breaking the awkward atmosphere that had settled around the trio. “You know how Baekhyun hyung will get if we’re late.” Nodding numbly, Yu-ki followed the boys blindly grabbing on to Jongin’s arm as she had been for the past two days. Although he was a stranger to her, he was all she got at the moment.

 

 

NOTE: She did meet Baek today, but I just didn't feel like writing it. It's gonna come up in like 2/3 days.