Day 51

2013, Year of Us

Wednesday February 20th, 2013

“Another theme park?” Chanyeol stared in disbelief at the gigantic ‘Where Dreams Come True’ sign written in red swirls while obnoxious music played in the background. “Why did you choose another theme park today Jongin?”

“Hey, Disneyland is a classic okay.” Jongin defended his theme park of choice.

“We’re like the oldest one’s here.” Chanyeol continued. “This place is crawling with children.” He eyed one child in particular who was running around.

“Shut up Yeol,” Kyungsoo said as he pushed past the tallest of their group. “Everyone knows you’re gonna be the one who has the most fun.”

 

“Rock, paper, scissors!” Kyungsoo groaned as he lost the game. He looked to others pleadingly.

“Please don’t make me do something stupid.” He begged. Jongin had suggested they played a game before entering the park. The loser would have to do something the others wished.

“You should dance.” Jongdae decided. He looked to the others who gave nods of approval.

“Ooh, hyung dance that routine Yixing hyung and I taught you.” Jongin added enthusiastically.

“I am not going to dance.” Kyungsoo refused ardently.

“Rules are rules. You have to dance.” Baekhyun gave him a sympathetic pat on the shoulders before pushing him towards a group of girls nearby. He gave one last look at Yu-ki with watery eyes.

“Wait!” she shouted. Kyungsoo’s face instantly perked up. “Let me grab my camera.” Fishing it out of her bag, she positioned it to get the best angle. “Okay, you can start now.” Yu-ki stated from behind the lens.

 

“What do you mean you don’t like roller coasters?” Kyungsoo asked incredulously. “Who doesn’t like roller coasters? It’s not like you’re afraid of heights or anything.”

“I don’t know.” Yu-ki said. “I just don’t like the feeling of free falling.”

“You do know that these are perfectly safe right.” Jongdae assured her. “The only way you’ll fall out is if an 8-inch iron rod snaps in half.”

“I know that. But that doesn’t mean I want to go on.” She argued.

“Kyungsoo, for god’s sake, she doesn’t want to go on.” Chanyeol shouted in exasperation. “Now let’s go, I want to make the best of this day.” He pulled Kyungsoo and Jongin along, Jongdae and Baekhyun following after them.

 

By the end of the day, Jongdae and Baekhyun had matching ‘Perry the Platypus’ hats that Yu-ki bought for them after losing a round of rock paper scissors, Chanyeol had lost his voice due to his excessive screaming, and Kyungsoo was already fast asleep.

“If I had known you didn’t like roller coasters, I would have chosen a different place to spend the day.” Jongin whispered to Yu-ki. She stifled a yawn and rested her head on Jongin’s shoulder.

“It’s alright.” She spoke, eyes slowly fluttering shut. “I had fun.”

 

 

 

Disneyland!! There a little bit of homage to their trip to LA in here, like kyungsoo dancing and chenbaek's couple hats. Umm, yeah. Oh yeah, also Baekyeol is not a thing here. They're just best friends. They have a long extensive history with each other. It's all backstory stuff. Also, in regards to baek's reaction to lu han last chapter, it has nothing to do with lu han personally. None of the guys knew him previously. It's more lu's choice of occupation that baek doesn't like. Also, the bit about falling out of a roller coaster if an 8 inch iron rod snaps in half is fact