Day 21

2013, Year of Us

Monday January 21st, 2013

“What are you doing?” Yu-ki put a finger to as she ducked behind a bookshelf. After making sure she was well hidden from the entrance, she turned to the speaker. It was a young man with dark maroon hair, and dark chocolate eyes. Though his face way currently contorted in confusion, it was no doubt that he was good looking. Before Yu-ki could respond, footsteps were heard approaching.

“Hey,” the male turned his head away from her. “Have you seen Yooki?” The male turned his head slightly and made eye contact with her. She recognized that voice. It was Jongin coming to look for her. She rubbed her hands together in plea praying that he would understand her actions. The male’s gaze lingered a little longer before turning back to Jongin.

“No I haven’t.” he said.

“Right. Well, thanks.” Jongin replied before retreating. Waiting a few more moments, Yu-ki finally emerged from behind the bookshelf. She looked around making sure that he wouldn’t come back before settling in the seat across from the male.

“Thanks.” Yu-ki looked at his binder. “Joonmyun.” She read off of his notes.

“Why are you hiding from your best friend?” he asked her. Yu-ki tilted her head in confusion. How did he know who Jongin was? “Everybody knows you two.” He clarified.

“I guess we really are popular huh?” Yu-ki said more to herself than as a response.

“That is a huge understatement.” Joonmyun argued without looking up from his notes. Yu-ki scrunched her face in distaste. She didn’t particularly enjoy being in the spotlight.

“Oh, are you an English major?” she asked after recognizing the notes in front of him wanting to get off the topic of her popularity.

“How did you know?” he looked up meeting her eyes.

“My mother’s an English professor back in BC.” Yu-ki said idly picking up one of his sheets giving it a once over. She placed the sheet back on the table only to be met with his smile instead. She raised an eyebrow in confusion. “What?” Yu-ki asked.

“Nothing.” Joonmyun shook his head with a laugh going back to his work. “Oh, and you should probably go find Jongin before he calls Kris in a panic.” Yu-ki thought about it for a while. She wanted to stay in the library. It was much quieter here and she felt more at home there. However, she wouldn’t put it past Jongin to actually call Kris. Reluctantly she got out of the chair and made her way back to the doors. It wasn’t until she was on her way back to the Arts Building before she noticed three things. One, Joonmyun had a nice smile that was vaguely familiar. Two, his notes were in full Korean. And three, she had spoken in Korean the whole time.