Chapter 9

The Night Sun

9

 

Ladies & Gentlemen, now we're approaching the Island of Jeju where the local time is 09:00HR.  At this stage you should be in your seat with your seatbelt firmly, fastened.  Personal television screens, footrests and seat tables must be stowed away and all hand luggage stored either in the overhead lockers or under the seat in front. Please ensure all electronic devices including laptop computers and computer games are turned off. 

 

That was it; the landing announcement signalling their reach on the beautiful island of Jeju. Lyorin looked out of the window and saw the clouds and blue sky. The weather was just perfect and it was even more perfect when the person sitting beside her was:

“Lyorin, I’m so excited!” Yoona beamed in delight.

A holiday without her best friend, it won’t happen. Yoona was just as thrilled as her. It had been years since they have been on trips together. She was not going to let the chance passed, thus the first person she asked to bring along was her. Obviously, the guys had no qualms in that; especially Luhan.

Lyorin faced her excited best friend, “Me too! I’m glad you’re here with me.”

Once they landed, they strolled at the airport since it was still quite early before checking in to their hotel. The girls were linking arms, walking and chatting happily. The guys were right behind them, with ecstatic faces as well, except for Kris.

“I hate taking the plane. It makes me sick.” He said, with a nauseated look.

Lyorin turned around and examined him. “Wow, coming from someone who possesses flying powers. I’m quite surprised.” She patted his back hoping it would make him feel a little better.

“Flying on your own and flying in the plane are two different things okay?” He justified.

Suho shot a warning look. “Hyung, shh ~” He asked them to lower down when it came to powers and super natural stuffs.

Finally, they checked in to their hotel suite. Yes, they booked the most expensive suite for the entire 14 of them. There were enough rooms to be shared among them; of course the girls would have their own. There were a small kitchen bar, large sofa chairs, a Jacuzzi and many more amenities fitted for the royal. With money not an issue, the guys made sure everything was of good quality so that they the short getaway was comfortable for all. In actual fact, they booked the suite more for safety reason than providing comfort. Everyone was technically staying in the same room so it was easier for the guys to keep a lookout on Lyorin, with the addition of Yoona.

“Here you go.” Luhan carried Yoona’s bag and placed it nicely in her room.

“Thank you, oppa.” She curtly bowed. Both of them smiled and exchanged affectionate looks at each other. Luhan placed his hands on her small waist and pulled closer to him. He looked at her beautiful eyes.

“If you need anything, I’ll be just a room away.” He smirked.

Lyorin who was testing out the bed, turned and looked at the couple. She eyed them and then playfully threw a pillow. However, just like before, the pillow landed elsewhere because Luhan was controlling it again.

“Hello, I’m still here. Please you two, not when I’m still in the room.” She muttered, slightly envious at the two lovebirds. Luhan and Yoona could only laugh at her remark.

 

 ~*~

 

After placing their bags in the hotel, the guys donned in nice casual and comfortable clothing. Some were in deadly wife beaters; others in Bermudas shorts while the rest in comfortable t-shirts. Despite the simple outfits, these boys were still attractive regardless. In fact, their good looks were garnering attention from the people around them; mostly the girls. These girls, on the other hand, gave nasty looks at Lyorin and Yoona who in return could not be bothered by them.

Both Lyorin and Yoona blended well with the guys. Wearing sleeveless top and shorts, both the girls looked perfect in their casual attire. With excellent figure on top of their pretty faces, these girls attracted as much attention as EXO.

They strolled past the shops just by the beach. Jeju was such a beautiful island with vast natural scenery. Sehun, with his camera hanging from his neck, continuously snapped pictures of the group as well as the amazing surrounding. The atmosphere was perfect and everyone seemed to be enjoying their first few hours in the island.

Yoona was walking ahead when suddenly she felt someone brushed her hand. She looked, and there was Luhan beside her. She smiled at him and then closed her eyes. “I love it here. It’s so nice and peaceful.” She said.

Luhan scanned her face intently and replied, “Anywhere around you, it will be nice and peaceful.”

Yoona opened her eyes and then mischievously slapped his arm and said, “Aish, don’t say that. It’s embarrassing if the rest hear it.”

“Come on. I need to show you something.” Luhan reached out for her arm and dragged her away from the group sneakily. He wanted a private time with her. The rest of EXO would often shoot him that nosey look all the time, thus he needed to get away from them and be somewhere with just him and her.

“L-L-Luhan.” She stammered, quite shocked at his sudden action. However, she let her feet followed him without thinking twice.

They were out of breath from the run and ended up at the jetty where people were fishing or just strolling by. As they tried to catch their breath, both of them started laughing of the sudden.

“That wa-was fun.” Yoona said in between breaths. The cheap thrill of running away from EXO was definitely fun and adventurous, in a way.

Both of them walked hand in hand, along the jetty smiling at the friendly fishermen. The wind was blowing mildly and the weather was just perfect. They kept silent as they enjoyed each other’s company. Just then, Luhan looked at his watch and then up in the sky. It was turning dark soon and he knew the time was nearing.

“This is it.” He said with a smile.

“What is it?” Yoona tilted her head in confusion.

Slowly and gently, he covered her eyes and stood behind her. The warm feeling of his palms on her face was creating butterflies in her stomach. She was nervous yet excited at what was installed for her. “At the count of three, open your eyes slowly. 1, 2 and 3 ~” Luhan whispered in her ear.

Carefully, she opened her eyes and saw the beautiful red sky. The light from the Sun casted red reflection on the sea water as it slowly disappeared below the horizon.

“Wow, it’s beautiful.” Her eyes twinkled delightfully as she watched the magnificent view. It was even more beautiful that she got to witness it with Luhan. Once again, he proved to her that he was indeed the ultimate perfect guy for her.

 

 

While both of them were gone, Lyorin was with the rest of the guys. She was feeling thirsty and decided to head to one of the drink shops around the area. Kai saw and instinctively followed her.

“A glass of lemonade, please.” She ordered.

Within a minute, the drink was served and she took it. She then turned around and was about to leave until she saw Kai right beside. He ordered the same drink and sat on the high chair and leaned against the bar. She decided to wait with him. They were awkwardly quiet and kept drinking their lemonade.

Out of a sudden, a random girl walked to the bar and sat at the other side of Kai. Dressed in a bikini top and shorts, the girl sent flirty looks at him. She bit her lips, tidied up her hair and even sat really close to him. Lyorin eyed the girl angrily. The girl was definitely hot and y but she wasn’t going to lose to her. She was messing with the wrong girl, and guy.

“Hi handsome, what’s your name?” The girl asked and started fondling with Kai’s fingers. Lyorin was agape. The girl did not just ask him for his name right in front of her. It was as if she was invisible. “Are you alone?” She asked further.

“No! He’s with me!” Lyorin could not stand it any longer. She shot at her and glared with piercing eyes. This girl was obviously ignorant towards her presence, so she made it loud and clear for her to hear that Kai came with her.

The girl scrutinised Lyorin from head to toe and then gave a disapproving look. Rolling her eyes, she ignored and turned her attention back on Kai. She moved closer and whispered in his ear. “My name is Hyemi. Here is my number. Call me if you need a company.” With that, she pecked his cheek and passed him a small piece of paper with numbers on it and left the counter.

Lyorin watched as the girl strutted away. She was angry at Kai for not speaking up and letting her touched him all over. Truthfully, she was just jealous. “Kai, why didn’t you tell her off?” She asked. She took the piece of paper from him and looked at the numbers. “You’re not going to call her right?”

 Kai looked at her face seriously. “Do you really think I’m that sort of guy?” He snatched the paper from her, drank finish the lemonade and walked away, leaving a confused Lyorin.

Quickly, she finished her drink and ran up to him. “Then, why are you still keeping the number?”

Kai ignored her question and joined the rest of the guys.

 

It was finally dinner and they decided to dine in the restaurant at the hotel they were staying. Luhan and Yoona were back and immediately, Lyorin pulled her friend for interrogation. They went to the bathroom.

“Where have you been?”

Yoona chuckled and replied, “I went to the jetty and watched the Sun set.”

Lyorin looked at the happiness in her friend’s eyes and she was happy for her too. “Next time, bring me along.” She joked and acted like she was hurt.

They walked out of the bathroom and when suddenly Lyorin accidentally bumped in to someone. She looked up and saw someone unexpected.

“Hyunsik?!” She squealed.

(To be continued)


Sorry for the short update =(

Anyway, Kai please treat her nicer okay