Chapter 31

The Night Sun

31

 

Kai watched helplessly as Sori kept crying continuously. He didn’t know what happened. He hugged her tightly hoping she would stop and explain to him what the cause of her tears was. After several minutes, she finally calmed down and began sniffing. Slowly, he tilted his head to see if she had become better for him to ask her.

“Sori, what’s wrong?” He asked her nicely.

She looked at him with pitiful eyes and sniffed. “Kai, you need to help me. You have to promise me first.”

“You have to tell me what’s wrong. I can’t just promise you ~”

“Promise me first!” She demanded.

Kai looked at her curiously; however he still shook his head. “No, tell me what’s wrong so I can help you the best way ~”

“Kai, I’m pregnant ~” She cut him.

“Wh-what?!” Kai raised his voice slightly. “What do you want me to do? Who’s the guy?” He asked, still rather shocked at her sudden confession.

“The guy left me. I don’t have anyone else. I have not told Dad and Mom. They will probably kill me if they know the father to the baby has left. Kai, you need to help me.” She begged and tears began to flow.

Kai shook his head vehemently. “Then, do you expect me to father the kid?” He earned a nod from her. “NO! I won’t do that. Are you crazy? We need to find the guy!” He shot back at her.

She took his hand in hers and pleaded. “The guy ran away. I tried contacting him but to no avail. It was my fault for sleeping with him but I can’t possibly abort the baby.” 

“Sori, I can’t ~” Kai mumbled.

After she heard his reply, quickly she went to Lyorin’s bed balcony and climbed the edge of the rail. However, he was fast enough to catch before she could climb up.

“LET ME GO!” She screamed and flapped her arms and legs frantically. “Let me just die so I don’t have to suffer everything on my own!” She started sobbing uncontrollably.

Kai watched her crying hysterically. He had to do something or else Sori would attempt suicide which he would never let that happen despite not being in good terms with her. “Sori! Listen to me; don’t you dare kill yourself.” He said, pulling her into a warm embrace. He her hair gently and continued to whisper. “You’re not going to suffer alone. I will help you. I promise but ~” He stopped, trying to straighten his thoughts and come up with the best decision for himself, for Sori as well as for Lyorin.

“Kai, you’re the only one I have. Please, I’m begging you ~” She sniffed.

Kai thought of the baby inside her. If there was no one to take care of Sori, then he had to take the responsibility because just like she said, she only had him. The baby should not grow up without a father besides he had to save Sori’s reputation. Mostly, he had to save Mr Lee’s family name. After all the years, Mr Lee had taken care of him well and it was only right for him to repay his kindness by helping his only daughter. He knew the decision he was about to make would hurt someone else. A sacrifice had to be made and no matter how hard it was, he had to save two lives.

Slowly, he spoke while still hugging her tightly. “Sori, I will not leave you. I will take care of you and the ~”

Immediately, Sori snuggled closer and held him tighter. A wry smile spread across her face and her eyes brightened victoriously when she noticed someone was at the door watching every second of it. She was especially satisfied when she saw the girl’s surprised face.

Kim Lyorin, I won.

 

~*~

 

Kai hurled all of Sori’s clothes out from the closet to the floor and then chucked it all into a bag. His hands were trembling; his face was dark and grim as he ignored the constant cries from her. While he was putting away her clothes, Sori kept begging and pulling his arm.

“Kai, please don’t do this. I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. Please don’t chase me away. I just want to be with you ~” She was crying out loudly. Nonetheless, Kai kept on a poker face and brushed her away like dirt. He had absolutely enough of her lies and cries. Everything about her was only making his blood boiled furiously. He wanted her to leave the house right away.

As a result of Sori’s loud cries, it attracted the rest of the occupants in the house. They gathered in the room and watched the whole commotion. Lyorin was in the living room when she heard loud screams. Curiously, she walked up to where the sound was and stood motionlessly as she watched Sori begging Kai.

“Kai, what happened?” Suho asked, grabbing Kai’s arm so that he would stop and explain.

However, Kai continued and placed all of Sori’s belonging in the bag. When it was done, he threw the bag to the floor and yelled. “I WANT YOU OUT OF THE HOUSE NOW!”

Kai’s yell blasted the room and it made Lyorin flinched in fear. She didn’t know what exactly happen but she noticed that Kai was mad; extremely mad. Sori sobbed even harder after she heard him. She dropped to her knees and begged him.

“Kai, please don’t do this to me ~”

“Kai, what’s wrong?” This time, Kris was the one who asked.

Kai faced him and answered with so much hatred in his voice. “I don’t want a pathetic liar in the house.”

“Kai, please don’t ~” Sori pleaded.

But she was cut off by him. “SHUT UP! STOP WITH YOUR ACTING! I HAVE ENOUGH!” He yelled at her.

Luhan held on to Kai’s shoulders, hoping he would at least calm down and explain the real reason why he wanted Sori to leave. Gently, he asked. “Kai, you have to tell us what happened.”

Kai ran his fingers across his hair frustratingly. “She lied telling me that she was pregnant ~” He stopped. A tear dropped down his cheek. Lyorin’s heart sank when she saw his tear. This wasn’t just about Sori lying to him. This was far more than that. His heart was once again crushed by the same girl whom he gave his trust. “I was stupid to believe her and because of that, I caused so much pain and hate between you guys and me.” He added slowly. His voice croaked, swallowing all the pain.

“Kai, I’m sorry ~” Sori sniffed, still kneeling on the floor.

“Get out of the house because I don’t ever want to see your face anymore.”

Lyorin was only a spectator all this while but at the moment, she could no longer be just a spectator. She had to do something. Sori might have committed a grave mistake but Lyorin wasn’t going to let her leave the house on her own. It was unsafe especially when Sori had nowhere else to go other than to go back to her place. Even if she really had to leave the house, at least let one of the boys sent her.

Lyorin picked up the Sori’s big bag on the floor. Without speaking anything, she placed the bag back inside the wardrobe. The guys watched in silence. However, when she was about to put it inside, a hand stopped her from doing so.

“What are you doing?” Kai asked.

Lyorin faced him for the first time after a long while. She noticed his red eyes that were filled with hate and pain. “She’s not leaving.” That was all she could say to him.

“Lyorin ~” He called out her name. He wanted to say something but decided not to. Instead, he turned to Sori and hissed. “I want you out of the house.”

“Kai, please don’t ~” It wasn’t Sori but Lyorin. She pleaded instead and hoped it would soothe him down.

Kai cupped her face tenderly with his hand and gazed her beautiful eyes. Despite all the wrongdoings, Lyorin was still as forgivable; one of the many reasons why she was special. She closed her eyes and enjoyed his warm loving touch. She missed it so much. All along Kai was only with Sori because he wanted to protect her. Now that Lyorin knew the real truth, she could not help but fall even deeper for him. His actions deserved the utmost respect. She would never ask for a more perfect man because Kai was already the perfect one.

Even after all the scolding, Sori had yet to learn her lesson. Seeing Kai and Lyorin together angered her so much that she stormed towards them and pulled back Lyorin’s arm roughly.

“, EVERYTHING IS YOUR FAULT!” She jabbed a finger on her chest and pushed. “Ever since you entered this world, you are nothing but a sore. First, you snatched my EXO and then subsequently my boyfriend. GOSH I HATE YOU!” She yelled and rose up her hand to give Lyorin a tight slap however Kai stopped her from doing so.

“I want you out now!” He yelled and grabbed the bag that was in the closet and threw it at her. This time, not even Lyorin could stop him. “Either you leave the house or I’ll leave!”

Lyorin looked at him and she could see that he meant his word. She grabbed his arm so that he would not disappear. If she really had to choose, she wanted Kai to stay.

“Fine, I’ll go.” Sori finally conceded.

She grabbed the bag and headed to the door. Lyorin instantly let go off Kai and chased after Sori. As much as she disliked her presence in the house, she still didn’t want anything bad to happen to Sori. She nudged her shoulder and turned her around.

“Sori, you’re going back home right?” She asked.

“Why do you care where I want to go?” She replied and brushed away.

However, Lyorin was adamant to make sure that she was heading back home and not somewhere else. “Sori, you have to go back okay? It’s not safe to be loitering around on your own. I’ll ask one of the guys to send you ~”

“Just shut up and leave me alone. Don’t pretend to be nice because whatever you do, I will still hate you.”

“Sori, you can hate me all you want but just make sure you get home safely. Kris oppa, can you drive ~”

“Whatever.” She replied and instantly walked away from the house.

“Sori, where are you going?!” Lyorin yelled but the girl turned deaf. She walked until she disappeared out of sight. Lyorin prayed she would get home safe.

She turned back to the house and searched for Kai. She saw him looking down on the floor with his shoulders slumped miserably. She approached him and stood in front. Her heart crushed when he looked up slowly and gave her a weak painful smile. She reached out her hand and touched his face lovingly.

“Kai, are you okay?” She asked softly.

He smiled and held her hand that was caressing his face. The smile wasn’t a happy one. He took a step back before saying. “Lyorin, I’m sorry ~”

After the apology, immediately he disappeared out of sight. Reluctantly, Lyorin let him have the time alone. There was nothing for her to forgive him because it was never his fault. She just hoped he won’t blame himself entirely.

 

(To be continued)

 


Good riddance!