Chapter 42

The Night Sun

42

 

That day was marked in history as the day in which the three clan masters gathered for the first time after a long while. Mr Lee, Mr Kim and Mr Hong sat across one another in the living room of BAP’s residence. EXO, BAP and BTOB were present, standing and waiting for further instructions. Lyorin was there watching their tensed expressions. She sat beside Mr Lee, hoping the male would somehow protect her. The years of dispute finally came to an end when all of them decided to put their differences aside and came together.

Yongguk, sitting beside his master opposite Lyorin, winked at her and mimed. “I miss you ~”

Even though it wasn’t audible but she guessed the message correctly. She rolled her eyes and stuck out her tongue at him. He pouted because he was expecting a different reaction from her. She turned to the left and saw Hyunsik, who was also staring back at her. She smiled and showed him an ‘O.K’ hand sign, asking him if he was feeling better. He understood and replied by giving thumbs up. Both Yongguk and Hyunsik tried their ways to grab her attention, sending winks and secret hand signals. She would chuckle, obviously amused by the two boys’ antics.

Meanwhile, Kai was standing behind her seat and could clearly see what was happening. Initially, he was envious of them but when he noticed Lyorin’s happy face, it soothed him. She wasn’t his and she had every right to be happy with anyone. He looked down and let out a sigh.   

Mr Lee cleared his throat and began to speak. “Thank you for gathering. I know it’s been a while; it’s been a long while. The purpose of this meeting is to clear all the misunderstandings and doubts between us and hopefully we can unite back together.”

“We’ll see about the uniting part ~” Mr Kim cut in. He wasn’t going to put his ego aside.

“I understand.” Mr Lee assured. “Let’s begin the talk. I’m sure you guys are aware of what happened on that fateful night 50 years ago. It was an unfortunate night which led to the separation; with EXO and BTOB leaving the fraternity. Mr Kim, these are diaries and accounts of what actually happened.” Mr Lee handed books and papers for him to browse through. It had been so long but these were the only evidences they kept safe.

It was Mr Hong’s turn to speak. “Let me recall the unfortunate incident. I believe it was a full moon night and the three clan masters were in their respective chambers deciphering the code of the forsaken ones who were to be assassinated. However, that night, both late Mr Lee Jungshin (EXO’s clan master) and late Mr Hong Yesung (BTOB’s clan master) uncovered the same name and that was ~” A sudden pause before he continued. “Kim Jaejin (BAP’s clan master).”

Mr Kim and the rest of BAP, except Yongguk, looked at each other with the same expression; surprised.

“This can’t be true ~” Mr Kim said.

“It is all stated in the books that I just handed to you. Believe me Mr Kim, it wasn’t Jungshin’s name that was written. It was actually Jaejin’s.” Mr Lee revealed.

“B-but why didn’t Jungshin and Yesung tell the truth? Why did they have to lie and chose to separate?”

“If they had spoken the truth, you won’t be here Mr Kim ~” Mr Hong said.

Yongguk raised up his hand, signalling his desire to speak. “Sorry to interrupt but if really Jaejin’s name appeared then he should have been killed but he wasn’t. Is that why he went missing because he knew it was him all along?”

Chen stepped up and answered. “He wasn’t aware. But the Book of Fate has somewhat given us a clue regarding a betrayer ~ A betrayer among your kind. Slay him or your future generations will suffer.” He read out a phrase.

“So, he was the one?” Daehyun asked and he earned a small nod from Mr Lee.

“This can’t be. You have no proof ~” Jongup shot.

However, he was instantly cut in by Yongguk. “The Book of Fate has warned us but we fail in getting its message. It even correctly predicted about the clans’ separation and betrayer. Whatever that is inside the book is nothing but the truth ~” He stopped and looked at Lyorin. Then, he started reciting the excerpt which everyone in the room was clearly aware of; all except her. “A brightest child will be born among the stars; the consequence of a pure but forbidden love. She can unite the dawn and dusk, the fire and ice; and the east and west. She will return the light that has gone far too long. Free your thoughts away and look at the vast, clear sky. Remember; seek the sun for it shines as the brightest star. Protect her with all your life if you do not wish to remain in the dark.”

Everyone turned their attention on her. She cowered when she noticed all eyes were at her. “W-what?”

“So, you are Kim Lyorin, daughter of Im Jinah?” Mr Kim asked and looked at the girl quite lovingly. He earned a shy nod and then asked further. “Your dad was the famous EXO’s chosen one and your mom was part of my clan; the BAP?”

“I believe so, sir ~” She replied meekly.

“Don’t call me sir. You are a part of us, my dear. Just call me Mr Kim will do.” He smiled.

Mr Hong, BTOB’s master needed to say this. It had been weighing his mind. “I’m sorry but now that we are so-called back together, what’s next?”

“We need to find that group of men and perish them all because they aren’t supposed to exist in the first place.” Mr Kim said.

“If they choose to exist, they need to abide the rules set by the Book of Fate.” Yongguk stated firmly.

“But, shouldn’t we find out why they exist in the first place? There must be a sole purpose the late Kim Jaejin betrayed and went to form this group of men.” Lyorin’s voice suddenly filled their ears.

Mr Lee sighed. “I know of one person who had met them and knew about their presence ~” He paused. He turned around and flashed Lyorin a dreadful smile. “Kim Junho (Lyorin’s dad).”

 

 

 

~*~

 

09th December 2011,

 

Lyorin, I’m going... The end is here and I feel it. I’m sorry baby but I need to do this.

I want you to know that you’ve been such a joy even if I didn’t get the chance to touch you, hold you and care for you. Just by watching you grow up is enough for me to live through every day without worry.

Your smile, please don’t ever lose it.

The past 17 years, you have been my only strength. The nights I spent gazing at your beautiful face while infiltrating your mind with pleasant dreams, how I wish I can keep doing it forever because I don’t want you to have any nightmares. I don’t want you to get hurt. I will do anything just so you would live well my baby girl.

But daddy has to go…

I have to finish this once and for all. I have to fight this till the end. I have to avenge for Jin Ah. I have to. I’m sorry, Lyorin. I’m really sorry. I have to leave you, yet again. This time, I might not come back.

If there is ever a time, you choose to hate me, I understand. I deserve all the hate from you. I’ve never been a good father to you after all.

But I want you to know, that you were never alone. I’ve always been by your side.

Lyorin I want you to live healthily and grow old with people that you love. I want you to get married to a wonderful person. I want you to have kids and watch them grow up beautifully just like you.

Most imp0rtantly, I just want you to be happy.

If things aren’t going your way, don’t give up my baby. Look ahead, because you have the brightest future. You are the brightest Star. You are the Sun.

Even if I’m no longer around in this world, watching over you, I will make sure you deserve all the happiness. Just please don’t forget me or your mother ~

You will turn 17 in two days and you have a long journey forward. This might be the last birthday for me to wish you.

Happy Birthday, Kim Lyorin.

I love you baby. I love you so much. When the right time comes, you will read all these but by then I won’t be around. This might be the last letter from me to you but this is not the last time you’ll see me for I will appear in your dreams.

Goodbye baby ~ I’m sorry for everything.

~*~

“Dad, is that you?” I call out when I see a figure walking in the garden outside the old house I used to stay. As I reach the porch overlooking the garden, I see my father kneeling down while tidying up the bed of sunflowers which I have grown for years.

I approach and watch as he gently cut the weeds and then water the flowers. A smile flashes across his handsome face. “Hi baby ~” He says.

I kneel beside and help him out. “I didn’t know you like gardening.”

“Of course you won’t know. How can you know someone who hasn’t been with you all the while?” He says. “I might be your father but I’m not a good ~”

“No dad, you’re the best.” I assure. “You might not have been there for me physically but I can sense your presence.”

“You do?”

“Of course!” I beam and smile. He ruffles my hair and laughs.

My heart suddenly skips a beat and I wish time to stop right at the moment. I could feel his warm hand; his first ever touch which I have longed for. A tear slides down my cheek and instantly, a finger wipes it away.

“Why are you crying?” He asks and then cups my face affectionately.

“Daddy, I miss you ~”

He leans forward and embraces me in the tightest and warmest hug I’ve ever felt. “I miss you too baby ~” He sniffs. The hug is short when he pulls away and speaks. “Lyorin, listen to me. Seek the Sun for it shines as the brightest Star.”

I tilt my head and frown. “Daddy, you’ve been trying to send me that message countless times but I don’t get it ~”

“You have the answer. I can’t make it obvious because people will know. Lyorin, you need to find for it. It’s hidden.”

“What is it?” I ask more.

He stokes my cheeks and smiles tenderly. “Search for the Sun, my dear.” That is his last phrase before he turns around and takes a sniff at one of the sunflowers.

He stands up while I continue to kneel down, looking at the Sunflowers.

Sunflowers

Sun

Flowers…

That’s it!

 

[Flashback] Chapter 1: Dawn of the Rising Star

“Dream? What is it about?” your Aunt questioned further. However, this time her tone was more serious than before. As if she knew something about this dream. I shrugged my shoulders innocently in hope to stop the conversation, but my Aunt just stared at me, waiting for an answer.

“I cannot really grasp what it is. I keep hearing unidentified people calling me the ‘Star’.  Everything about the dream was just weird and it’s even weirder when I keep having the same dream. Pfft! Star? Me? What even?” you chuckled; amused at people calling you star. How cheesy! Your Aunt on the other hand, kept a straight face. Okay Aunt, chill. It’s just a dream.

“How long have you been having this dream?” Your Aunt interrogated further.

“I can’t really remember, Aunt. Probably about a month” Okay, this is getting weirder. I better make a move to school before my Aunt questions further. Why is she? Oh never mind. “Okay Aunt, I better get going. Anyway, regarding the dream, don’t worry about it. I’m sure it will go away. Maybe I should start taking sleeping pills,” you joked trying to lighten up the mood. You went over to Aunt Marie and gave her shoulder a gentle squeeze before heading for the door.

Aunt Marie grabbed your hand before you could exit the house, “Lyorin, you know that I love you so much. You know whatever I’ve done for you and whatever I will do for you is for your own good.” You turned to look at her and your heart softened. All the tiredness you felt totally disappeared. Yes Aunt, I have never once doubted your love for me. Thank you. You gave her an assuring nod and did a heart-sign.

 “I LOVE YOU TOO!” you sang loudly. You gave her a quick hug and left the house.

“Don’t you dare take sleeping pills!” you laughed softly when your Aunt screamed. You skipped your way towards the garden in the front yard and approached sunflowers that you had been taking care of since young. You beamed happily looking at how healthy the flowers had grown. As you got nearer to the small patch of sunflowers, you noticed something odd. Why this particular flower is not at its place? You didn’t remember planting the flower at that spot. However, you decided not to dwell further and concluded that probably the wind must have slightly moved the flower from its place.

(To be continued)


Okay this chapter might need you to flashback on the first story; specifically Chapter 20:History. I hope this chapter makes sense or you can just pretend that it makes sense. LOL! So basically, now we know who is the real betrayer. I will stick to using random fictional characters as the villain in the story. If you are confused, what's happening, well you can drop me a comment and i'll explain the story line. Anyway, thank you and enjoy!

Next update will be up not too soon. Wish me luck you guise, my exam results are out this friday. I'M CRY I'M CRY ;A; If you don't see me updating anymore, then you know how my results are............okay i'm kidding. Regardless of the results, I'll still update and finish the story (soon). KYAAAA!