Chapter 32

The Night Sun

32

 

I wake up and find myself back in my old bed room. Another dream, I suppose so. This has become a norm. How do I know it’s only a dream?

It’s the same one every single time. It becomes too frequent that it scares me sometimes.

It doesn’t look like it’s just a dream.

It looks like there is message which I have yet to figure out. Pardon my lack of analytical skills in interpreting dreams and signs, if I possess those skills, I would have figure it out way a long time ago.

Even though it’s the same dream over and over again, the realness is evident in every.

Maybe, it is really isn’t just a dream.

It could be a message my dad is telling me.

But ~

So, I wake up in my bed room with the sun shining right at me. I rub my eyes as I try to adjust to the bright sunlight. I yawn, stretch and stand up. I walk to the door and open it. There is no point searching for anyone because I know I’m alone in the house.

I walk down the stairs and to the living room.

There, the note again.

“Seek the sun for it shines as the brightest star.”

Okay I get it. I need to search for this particular Sun. My literary skill keeps being tested. I rummage my brain, thinking of all the possible meaning to this message.

Is the Sun a person or a thing?

Oh I wish dad could have given me something simpler. He needs to know that his daughter isn’t too bright with words.

I sigh.

Maybe this is too simple that I don’t even notice it.

I walk to the window and stare at the garden in front of the house.

I see the Sun.

I see the Sunflowers.

I see myself.

Wait, myself?

 

~*~

 

Lyorin sat by the pool, dipping her legs in the cold water. Her mind wandered, thinking about the dream that she has been having. It might be only a dream but it hurt her so much because she knew deep inside, there was something in it. Her dad could have left a message for her but now that he’s no longer around, she had to solve it on her own.

Her thoughts were suddenly disrupted by someone’s presence. Suho came and sat beside her, dipping his legs in the pool as well. Lyorin tilted her head and gave him a smile. As if he could read her mind and that something was bothering her, he asked.

“What are you thinking?”

She frowned and let out a long sigh before replying. “I have this dream which I don’t quite get it.”

“A dream, what is it about?” He asked.

“The same phrase keeps appearing; seek the sun for it shines as the brightest star. Oppa, do you know what it means?”

Suho’s eyes widened. The phrase was familiar and he was sure it came from the Book of Fate. However, what surprised him was, how did Lyorin know of it when she hasn’t seen or read the book? Only the chosen ones were allowed to read the sacred book. Even though EXO didn’t possess the book anymore, they were still aware of its content.

He remembered reading an excerpt from the book which contained the exact phrase.

“A brightest child will be born among the stars; the consequence of a pure but forbidden love. She can unite the dawn and dusk, the fire and ice; and the east and west. She will return the light that has gone far too long. Free your thoughts away and look at the vast, clear sky. Remember; seek the sun for it shines at the brightest star. Protect her with all your life if you do not wish to remain in the darkness.”

Suho read the words in his head as he tried to piece together the different bits of information. The excerpt was referring to a child, who was a Star which came from parents that were bonded together forbiddingly. This child would unite all the three clans and be how they used to be; strong and powerful. This child would finally put an end to the years of dispute. This child was the only key in making sure they exist.

Suho turned pale when he realised this child could be none other than, Lyorin.

“Oppa, oppa ~” Lyorin shook his shoulder. A frown was seen across his face, making her curious what he was thinking or worrying about.

He snapped out of his thoughts and stared with wide eyes at her. “Lyorin, you need to tell me more about the dream. What is it about? What do you see in it?” He asked her seriously.

She placed her index finger on her chin as she tried to recall the dream. “Hmm ~ it is just me back in my old house looking out the window to the garden at the front.”

“That’s it?” He asked and she nodded. “There must be something.”

“Why, what do you think it is?” She questioned.

Suho shook his head and looked down. “Lyorin, only you have the answer to that.”

 

~*~

 

Ever since Sori’s sudden departure, Kai didn’t wish to talk to anyone. He stayed in his room or would roam around elsewhere just to avoid them, especially Lyorin. He had wronged her and hurt her more than anyone else. He didn’t even have the courage to see her in the eyes. It pained him even more when she treated him nicely after all the stupid things he did to her.

Lyorin noticed that Kai had become unusually quiet. She wished he would at least talk and be normal. He shouldn’t feel bad about causing the friction because after knowing the truth, he was the last person to be at fault. She just hoped he would overcome it soon so that they could be how they used to be; just being happy.

One afternoon, she wanted to make him feel better by baking his favourite chocolate muffins. She went down to the kitchen and sought D.O for help. However, to her dismay, she was lacking some ingredients.

“It’s okay Lyorin. I will go to the supermarket and get the ingredients for you.” D.O volunteered and offered. 

But, she wasn’t going to trouble the guy. Besides, it was her idea so it was only right if she did everything on her own. “D.O oppa, I’ll go get it. I want to get several other stuffs as well.” She said.

He gave her a doubtful look. Even though, she was allowed to hang out but it was not without worry. Every time she was out, EXO would feel insecure and restless. They would only be at peace once she’s back home. Yet, they couldn’t possibly control and obstruct her freedom, if they didn’t wish to commit the same mistake.

“Okay but make sure you have your phone, watch and the shoes that Sehun gave with you.” He reminded.

“Yes, everything is with me. Do I need to tell Kris oppa?”

He shook his head and smiled. “It’s okay. I will tell the leaders for you. Now go before it turns dark.”

 

Lyorin walked among the crowd that was going to the supermarket. Previously she hated crowded places, but now she felt safer if she was among the crowd. It somehow gave her a sense of protection because she could blend with the rest of the people. Yes, she was still afraid to be going out alone but sometimes she longed to be how she used to be; going anywhere alone in her own comfort. She walked past many strangers whom seemed to be looking forward to everything, to life. For herself, she didn’t really have any goals she believed in. She was just living a life which was full of unknown danger that could appear anytime and anywhere. Before, she wanted to become a well known athlete that can represent the country internationally. However, after much consideration and the sudden drastic turn of events in her life, she would rather be nobody.

Sadly, this was her fate.

As she continued walking to her destination, her arm suddenly brushed against someone and it sent an electrifying feel throughout her body. The guy didn’t turn around; instead he walked the opposite direction. There was something about the guy. There was this connection which she couldn’t explain and it felt odd. The tall guy’s back faded among the crowd. Her stomach churned nervously as she turned her heel and walked towards the guy. She needed to see who the person was. Her legs moved quickly, almost chasing the guy. She didn’t know what had gotten into her. As if she was being hypnotized she followed the guy and when she was just right behind him, she grabbed his shoulder and spun him.

“Yongguk?!”

Yongguk didn’t look as surprise as Lyorin. It was because he knew it was her. He knew she was the one who brushed past him because, similar to Lyorin, there was this electrifying feel which ran throughout his body. However, due to the promise he made, he didn’t stop to greet her. He put down his hood and looked up at her. Her eyes, her nose, her lips, her face and everything; he missed her so much. She was still as beautiful and her face was shining even brighter than the last time he saw her. Of course she was shining, she was a Star right?

She was their Star, too.

Lyorin looked at the dark circles under his eyes; his face was shagged and pale. Basically, he looked lifeless. She remembered how he used to be the bubbly and energetic Yongguk, who would flash the most adorable smile. Yes, she found him rather adorable whenever he smiles. But now, there was no smile, no cheerfulness. It was only pain. She never felt like this for him before. She thought she would never ever be concerned for a guy like Yongguk. She couldn’t believe it, but she was actually worried for him for the first time ever.

“A-are y-you o-okay?” She stuttered, slightly nervous after not talking and seeing him for months.

He nodded and immediately turned his back and walked away. Surprised by his sudden behaviour, she jogged to him and pulled him back. Since his injuries hadn’t fully healed, he let out a cry.

“Oh my God, what’s wrong?” She asked as he watched his face contorted in pain. Without waiting for his reply, she dragged him to a nearby park that was empty and quiet. There was a bench and she led him to sit. “Are you okay?” She asked him again when she saw that he was crouching down.

“Yea ~” He finally answered in his usual deep voice.

However, he stood up instantly and was about to walk away until she reached out for his hand and begged. “Please don’t leave. I want to talk to you.” He melted hearing her soft voice. “Please don’t avoid me anymore. I’m sorry.”

Finally, his heart leaped when he heard her words.

 

In about a few metres away, a group of men squatted and hid themselves. Their ears were sharp as they listened to every word she said.

They saw her before. It was the same girl who was with EXO. But why was she hanging out with BAP’s leader? Why was she so caring towards him?

They continued to listen to their conversation waiting for the right moment to attack.

They knew this wasn’t a mistake anymore. She was the one.

 

(To be contined)

 


SOMEONE'S BACK!! =33333