Chapter 15

The Night Sun

15

(AN:You might want to skip if you're not a LuYoon fan, but there is one part of the story you need to take note. The part when Yoona talked about Lyorin)

 

Kneeling while tying his shoelaces beside the car, Luhan could already feel the jitters in him. It was a cosy afternoon to stay indoors but it was also a nice afternoon to spend his time outdoor for his date with Yoona. They had been going on for a month but it felt like yesterday that they got together as a couple. She was perfect that was all he coud describe of her. She was gorgeous, gentle, sweet, caring and loving. He didn't wish for more.

He loved her and hoped they would stay together for long.

 

Yoona came out of her house cladding in a pretty floral dress and white shoes. Her hair was down and wavy at the end. She waved and smiled as soon she saw him.

"Hi, oppa!" She greeted.

"Hey pretty, shall we?" He smiled and reached out his hand for her. She gladly received it and both of them went in the car.

They decided to head down the carnival fair near the town centre. It was Yoona's idea and Luhan was more than willing to take her there. He parked the car just opposite the fair. Both of them walked hand in hand towards the bustling carnival, smiling and laughing happily. It was crowded with families; parents bringing along their kids. It was filled with food stalls, game stalls and rides. Yoona’s face sparkled once they entered and he could see the excitement in her eyes.

As they walked passed many food stalls which were selling mostly snacks, Yoona caught sight of the colourful candies. Just like a kid, her face beamed in delight. Luhan moved her closer to the stall and asked, "Do you want some cotton candies?" She nodded eagerly. He then faced the stall seller. "Hello Ahjusshi, can I have two cotton candies please? Thank you!" He requested and paid for it.

The stall ahjusshi took two of the candies and gave one to Luhan and one to Yoona. "Here you go. One for yourself and another one for your pretty girlfriend." He smiled.

Yoona turned red after hearing the compliment, but managed to say thank you. Luhan on the other hand, was smiling from ear to ear acknowledging the fact that he had a pretty girlfriend.

They continued walking while enjoying their new snacks. Giggling, they fed each other with their own cotton candies and she when the candies got onto his nose. She laughed candidly while he struggled to clean it up. As they walked further, they stumbled upon a shooting game stall and the prizes offered if you managed to hit the target, were quite enticing.

They moved to the stall, which was surprisingly less crowded. Since they had the place to themselves, Luhan decided to give it a try. He held the toy rifle and aimed for the three cups. He had three tries and the first shot, he missed it. Second was better; he managed to drop a cup. The third shot, he missed it by an inch. Eventually, he didn't win anything.

"Good try!" Yoona gave him the thumbs up.

"I'm sorry I couldn't get you the bear." Luhan apologised and scratched his head shyly.

She shook her head and said, "It's alright. It's just a game." She assured.

However, he thought of a brilliant plan. "Hmm Yoona, how about you give it a try?" He suggested.

"I can't shoot." She told him.

He took the rifle and held it in front of her. "I'll help you." He smirked.

She held the rifle for the first time quite awkwardly. He slid his hands on top of hers and positioned it nicely. He stood just right behind her, hugging while helping her out. Killing two birds with one stone; exactly what he was doing. Carefully she aimed and shot the target but unfortunately it missed. The second try, she did it with more focussed than before but she missed yet again.

"Oppa, I can't ~" She sighed, almost giving up.

"You trust me?" He whispered in her ear and leaned closer to her. Their bodies were touching and she was having a harder time concentrating than before.

The third shot came and to her surprise, it hit the target right at the centre and all three cups fell. She jumped in delight and turned around to give him a hug.

"I told you to trust me." He whispered.

Hugging the bear in her arms, Yoona was grinning happily like a girl. They continued walking until they saw the Ferris wheel just right ahead. Without breathing any word, both of them walked towards it. Of course, a date would never be complete without the Ferris wheel ride as a couple, just the both of them in a cabin.

As soon their cabin approached, they climbed in and sat side by side, holding hands and watching the surrounding view. Slowly, the cabin brought them up and it was just the right timing because the evening sky was beautiful with the sun setting down.

Luhan went closer beside Yoona and slung his arm around her. She faced him and smiled. “Oppa, can I ask you something? It’s okay if you don’t want to answer it though.”

He laughed. “I still need to hear the question right? What is it then?”

“How were your previous girlfriends like?”

He tilted his head and stared at her. “How did you know I have girlfriends before?”

“Isn’t it obvious? You’re good looking, charming, gentlemanly ~”

He turned red and instantly asked her to stop. “Oh wow, I’m flattered. Thank you. Truthfully, I was in a few relationships before but we didn’t last long.”

She stared at him slightly curious. “What happened then?”

He looked them as he tried to recall his past relationships. “Those girls were mostly after my money. Every time we went on dates, they would request to go to posh restaurants or expensive malls. At the beginning, I was fine with it because I thought girls like it when guys bring them to such places. However, over time, I realised they were using me to satisfy their materialistic needs.”

“All of them?”

He looked down and mumbled, “Sadly, all of them ~”

She patted his back and comforted. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have asked.”

His face suddenly turned bright and then directed the question at her. “As for yourself, tell me about your past boyfriends.”

“You’re my first boyfriend.” She muttered shyly.

He faced her to see whether if she was lying but no. He didn’t believe it as first considering how beautiful she was. However, she spoke it with so much truth. “Really? How is that possible?” He questioned further.

She laughed. “Yes, it’s possible. Ever since young, Lyorin and I were never bothered about boys. We thought they were such a waste of time. We are so close together to the point that we don’t need boys in our lives because there are no voids to be filled. We are happy and satisfied as it is.”

“Lyorin has never been in a relationship too?” He asked, quite surprise because honestly these two girls were quite a catch. It would be a lie if they didn’t have guys going after them. She nodded at his question. “Wow, I’m quite surprised to be honest. So, what happened now?” He asked cheekily.

“I guess, back then we were still young. We thought we didn’t need boys until now.” She answered sheepishly. “Anyway, we are still close okay? I just want you to know that I love her a lot.”

However, the air became tensed out of a sudden. “Can you promise me a thing?” She asked, in a much serious tone.

“Yes.”

She stared at his eyes and spoke to him with so much care and concern. “If anything happens to me, please look after her. If she’s sick, get her treated. If she’s sad, make her happy. If she’s lonely, be there for her. Whatever it is, protect her with all your life ~”

“Nothing will happen to you, and nothing will happen to her.” He guaranteed. He held her hand and gently kissed it. “I promise.”

As their cabin reached the top of the Ferris wheel, both of them stayed quiet, enjoying the peaceful atmosphere. He wanted to reach out for her chin to gaze at her eyes but instantly pulled back because of his nerves. With a heavy sigh, he remained stiff and cursed at himself for being a coward. Yoona, on the other hand was not suspecting anything abnormal. She was just absorbing the serenity by Luhan’s side. Eventually, the ride came to an end with not much of a progress, he thought.

Both of them exited the carnival fair after spending a long day. While walking towards the car, Yoona suddenly tugged Luhan’s arm and said, “Come, I want to show you something.”

Immediately, she dragged him away. They were jogging and he had no idea where she was bringing him. Finally, after about 10 minutes, they were standing in front of an unknown building to him. It was already dark and the lights were out. However, she confidently pushed the door open to the building and entered.

“Where is this place?” He asked as they walked in to the shagged looking building from the outside. Once he stepped inside, the interior looked like a school. He looked around and saw art posters on the wall.

She giggled and led him further in until they reached a room with a huge mirror. It looked like a dance rehearsal room.

“Wait here. I’ll come back in a while.” She led him towards a chair and motioned for him to sit.

Luhan looked across the dimly lit room. It was bare and empty with a stereo just at the corner. The wooden floor made the room even cosier with the tinted windows. Patiently, he waited for her while glancing at his watch. It was still early anyway and anything could happen if he wanted it to happen, he thought again.

Suddenly the room turned dark accompanied by a soft sound of music. He listened intently until the room’s light only at the centre in which his lovely princess was there. She had changed her clothes. She was dressed in a flowing light green dress with her hair neatly tied up in a ponytail. As graceful as a swan, she started dancing ballet right before him. Her movements were fluid and gentle; and her face sparkled beautifully under the dimmed light. She turned with so much grace and poised and he could not help but gulped nervously. She was incredibly stunning and dazzling. He dared not blink even once and watched her every moved with intense concentration.

Finally, the impressive performance came to an end with a last spin.

The room turned silent once more and only her hard breathing could be heard. He made his way to her and gently held up her shoulders. He stared at her eyes and smiled. Slowly, he lifted up her chin and leaned closer to her. Closing their eyes, both of them locked their lips and passionately kissed. Even after the tiring dance, she felt as energetic as ever and only he could make her feel that way.

Gently they parted their lips and held onto each other closely. "I-I love you." Luhan muttered sofly. He cupped her face and stared at her lovingly.

Yoona smiled and replied, "I love you too."

 

(To be continued)

 


Aww Luhan, I love you too! TT____TT