Chapter 50

The Night Sun

50

 

The guys gathered after receiving warning from Chanyeol and Zelo when they sensed something; specifically a huge group of men approaching their territory. Daehyun used his powers to scan the entire vicinity with his eyes and he was shocked. Maybe shocked wasn’t the right word to describe what he’s feeling. He was afraid; extremely afraid because the numbers they were about to face was just too overwhelming. Yet, he was composed and prepared. Even if he had to die, at least he would die in glory all for the sake protecting his kind.

The men separated into groups and had surrounded the area. They were positioned just less than 100 metres away from the mansion, waiting for the next instruction. With eyes full of fury and fists all tight and ready to hit, these men knew it was a must-win war.

EXO, BAP and BTOB were just as prepared as them or even more ready. Even if they were outnumbered, but because they were the authentic chosen ones, their powers were much stronger than they themselves were aware of. They recalled all the battle strategies which they had planned before. They were stronger without doubt, but they had to be smarter also.

Kris walked side by side with the other leaders. “Eunkwang, bring your group to the east of the mansion and Yongguk ~”

“Yes, I know what to do.” Yongguk cut him and spoke in a deep, terrifying voice. He was prepared for this. He clenched his fists tightly and breathed hard.

Suho tapped his shoulder and reminded. “Hyung, don’t be rash. Stay calm and compose.”

Yongguk nodded and took the advice. His recklessness might be a problem thus he needed to stay grounded and utilize his powers. He was strong physically and his powers were among the best. His touch could kill people in an instant but of course it came with a price. If he kept using his powers, it would only weaken him. The same goes for the rest of the chosen ones. If they relied too much on their abilities, it would only tire them out. Thus, they needed to know when to use it and when not.

Kai approached Hyunsik and looked at the male. “Are you ready?”

Hyunsik nodded with a determined expression but still managed a smile. “Always am.” He replied. Satisfied with the answer, Kai turned his heel and walked away but Hyunsik tugged his arm right away and said. “Kai, be careful.”

Kai smiled. “You too...” He said and then went to join his group.

 

Eunkwang ordered Peniel, Jongup and Sehun to be the ones to guard the mansion while the rest of them would be at the front. Peniel and Jongup agreed and followed without question whereas Sehun was unhappy. He wanted to join his Hyungs and fight.

“Sehun ah ~ your role is more imp0rtant.” Luhan tried to reason.

“B-But, I’ve already trained so hard.” Sehun shot back. “Am I really that useless just because I’m young?”

D.O went on and smacked the maknae’s head. “YAH! Did we ever say that you’re useless?”

“Sehun, listen to me. Your role to guard the mansion is the most imp0rtant.  Even if you’re not at the battleground with us, you still have a very difficult task. Sehun ah, think of Lyorin.” Tao explained.

Xiumin walked to Sehun and stared directly at him with a serious expression. “Sehun, you are definitely not useless. No one is. It’s because you’re the only one who is able to make Lyorin feel comfortable especially during this crucial time. You can make her happy and erase all of her worries and fear.”

“I’m sure you know how scared she is right now.” Chen added. “Answer me truthfully, are you afraid?”

Sehun looked up and nodded as a reply.

Luhan tapped his shoulder and said. “Everyone is just as afraid but we don’t show it, especially not to Lyorin.  If you are afraid, imagine what is going though her mind right now knowing that all of us are fighting for our lives.”

“She needs you, Sehun.” Baekhyun’s final words totally hit Sehun.

The mention of Lyorin’s name was enough for Sehun to put away his ego and listened to his Hyungs. His role was definitely the most important. He was after all very close to Lyorin plus his bubbly nature would be the best company for her.

“Yes, she needs me.” Sehun muttered under his breath.

“Good, now go to her room and stay there until you receive further order.  Remember; don’t let her out at all cost.” Lay warned.

 

Finally, after many years of deceit, the two sides faced each other. Kris and Suho were at the forefront. An elderly man, with his servants as well as their army stood before them bravely. Kris examined their faces. They were new to him. These people had never once showed their true selves. They looked normal but that shouldn’t be a reason to underestimate them. In fact, Kris had never underestimated his enemies. Whether they were strong or not, he was going to give his all. They stood about 50 metres apart and no words were exchanged as yet.  Both sides were silent.

Suddenly, one of the servants together with the elderly man flew and landed just barely a few metres in front of Suho and Kris, who were unfazed.

With a smirk, the man greeted. “Hello Kris.  Hello Suho.” Both Kris and Suho weren’t surprised that the man knew their names. “You may not know who I am. Let me officially introduce myself. My name is Kim Min Jong; the grandson to Kim Jaejin.” He stopped and gave a cynical smile.

Suho listened intently to what the man before him just revealed. Kim Jaejin was BAP’s clan master 50 years ago who went missing. Even though he ran away, BAP clan was still thankful that Kim Jaejin had a son who eventually took over his father’s role as the clan master. Subsequently, the line continued right until the current BAP’s clan master, which by right was the grandson to Kim Jaejin. However, Suho was puzzled at how this man could claim that he was the grandson to the Kim Jaejin as well.

“I know what you’re thinking.” Kim Min Jong turned to Suho. “Kim Taesung , well he could be considered as my brother?” He tapped his chin lightly. “We have the same grandfather you see. Wow, this is complicated.” He sighed and folded his arms before continuing more. “How about we cut this short? My grandfather was a very ambitious man. He wanted to bring the clans to a greater height and achieve what others might think as impossible. But nothing could happen if he had stayed on the damn fraternity. So, he left and formed ~” He spread his arms wide and gestured the army behind him. “This ~” He revealed proudly.

“Do you know how magnificent it is to create and then bestow men with powers? Just imagine a world where you can control all these useless humans without powers. How wonderful would that be?” He presented.

“Coming from someone who was born useless...” Kris remarked boldly. Did the man forget that the only ones who possessed powers since they were born are EXO, BAP and BTOB?

The man laughed after hearing the comment. “Yes, you’re right. We aren’t the originals like you guys. But at least we will be original and the first to rule mankind because by then, you and your pathetic fraternity will be gone.” He stopped and turned his head to the back, as if inspecting his army. “You know what; let’s make things simpler, shall we?” He faced in front. “Just give me the girl.”

Kris smirked while Suho laughed. “Why do you need her?” Suho asked.

“Well ~” The man placed his hands behind his back and wandered back and forth. “She is the reason why you have powers. So, by giving her to us, you guys won’t need to shed even a drop of blood and everything will end in a blink of an eye. You give her and we’ll spare your lives. Or you keep her, and we will kill you all of. Either way, we’re going to win this.” He explained. But of course, Suho and Kris already knew it. They weren’t even considering the other option. Wait, it wasn’t even an option for them.

“Win?” Kris chuckled. “We’ll see about that.”

“Ah ~ so you chose to battle it out.” The man said. “Don’t regret it.” He warned.

 

~*~

 

Lyorin stirred in her sleep and slowly opened her eyes only to be greeted by Sehun and an empty room. Still unknown and clueless, she yawned while trying to get herself up to a sitting position. She recalled last night’s event which led her wondering, where was Kai?

“Hmm...” She buzzed while looking at Sehun who seemed to be staring back at her without saying a word. She was hoping he would explain what was going on but he just kept silent. She watched him carefully and moved on to scan the room. Her ears picked up the stillness and silence of the mansion. Where was everyone? Why was it unusually quiet? “Sehun, what’s wrong?” She noticed the nervousness in him which was beginning to scare her.

Sehun came closer and sat at the edge of her bed. Without replying to her, he embraced her in a tight hug. her hair ever so gently and making sure she received his warmth but it wasn’t a warm embrace she needed at the moment. She wanted to know what’s going on. The brief embrace was followed up by Sehun looking in her eyes intently.

That was it. He didn’t need to say anything else. She knew what was happening.

Impulsively, she pushed him away and shakily muttered. “No... no...no...” She was about to stand when suddenly Sehun pulled her back to sit.

“Lyorin don’t...” He finally spoke.

Stubborn as always, Lyorin pushed him away and went for the door. Sehun didn’t bother to catch her because once she was at the door, it was locked. No matter how hard she tried to turn the knob and pulled the door open, it stood firmly shut. She needed to go out. She needed to be there.

“SEHUN!” She called for him, wishing he would let her out. The male watched her with a grim expression. It was unusual for Sehun to be serious and dark. Yet, that day, he wasn’t going to let his feelings get the better of him, even if it involved Lyorin. He would fulfil the role he was tasked to and disregard everything else even if her feelings were hurt in the process of it. Yes she was hurt, because tears were already flowing down her cheeks as she stormed towards him.

“I want you to open the door.” Lyorin demanded. However, Sehun could only shake his head and refused her. “SEHUN, OPEN THE DOOR!” She yelled and hit his chest but he didn’t budge. He let her hit and punch him as hard as she wanted. “Sehun, please open the door.” She begged, with tears streaming down her beautiful face. Sehun watched in agony. His thumb reached for her cheeks to wipe the tears away. He didn’t know what to do. He wanted to hug her, tell her stories, and joke to make her laugh but with his heart quenching in fear and pain; he could not find the strength to do it no matter how hard he forced himself to.

Seeing that he wasn’t going to let her out, Lyorin dashed to the balcony, hoping it wasn’t locked. But sadly, her hope was crashed when the balcony door was locked too. The last option was the window. She pushed the curtain, praying that she could catch a glimpse of what was happening outside. Like a lost child she climbed up and stared outside. Surprisingly, nothing was there. It was just quiet; too quiet which made her even more fearful. She slammed her back against the window in defeat and stared at Sehun with angry eyes.

“Are you going to keep me here forever? Are you going to let me out only after all of them are dead?!” She yelled at him.

 Dead.

Sehun’s heart stopped when she mentioned the word. From being sympathetic, he suddenly turned furious. He was mad at the way Lyorin said it casually. He stormed towards her and towered in front of her terrifyingly.

“Damn it, Lyorin! They are fighting their lives and here you are casually saying about death. If I let you out, the guys would have a harder time. They need to fight, protect themselves and also protect YOU! DO YOU WANT KAI TO KEEP LOOKING OUT FOR YOU AND GET HURT BECAUSE OF IT! LYORIN, STOP BEING SELFISH!” He scolded.

She sobbed even harder after hearing Sehun’s words. “Se-Sehun...” She stuttered trying to swallow her tears. It was so hard to speak when her emotions were already up at her neck.

Sehun instantly knelt down in front of her and held her hands gently. “Lyorin, I’m sorry for yelling but I want you to understand my position. We are doing this for your sake.” He spoke nicely to her while brushing the strands of hair that was covering her face.

“It’s exactly the reason why I have to see because if anything happens, I will never forgive myself. Never ever.” She said depressingly. With all the stress at its paramount, she was breaking down as every second passed. It hurt him so much watching her. He understood her feelings but he had no choice. Either way, both of them would get hurt.

He bent down and carried her up in his arms. She didn’t struggle anymore, possibly already giving up or too scared of everything. He walked slowly to the bed and placed her gently. She remained still, almost lifeless.

“I’m sorry. This is the best I can do.” Sehun said, while tucking her under the covers.

At the moment, a loud crash was heard.

Immediately, Sehun pulled Lyorin into his arms and hugged her tightly while closing his eyes. She started to whimper and sob in his embrace. He started praying as the loud crashing and shouting began to fill their ears.

It has begun.

 

(To be continued)

 


OMG THE BATTLE IS ON!

 THEY BETTER WIN IT OR ELSE....

I WILL...

AND THEN DO THIS...

OH PLEASE JUST WIN IT OKAY