Chapter 7

The Night Sun

 

7

 

I was dreaming of the past
and my heart was beating fast
I began to lose control
I began to lose control
I didn't mean to hurt you 
I'm sorry that I made you cry
Oh my I didn't want to hurt you
I'm just a jealous guy

I was feeling insecure
You might not love me anymore
I was shivering inside
I was shivering inside
Oh I didn't mean to hurt you
I'm sorry that I made you cry
Oh my I didn't want to hurt you 
I'm just a jealous guy

Jealousy (by John Lennon)

 

~*~

 

Lyorin stayed in her room, partly because she was feeling sick but mostly because she didn’t really want to face the guys. She was trying her best to be accommodative; however every time she looked at them, especially when she noticed their tattoos, she could not help but shudder in fear. She hated herself for having such negative thoughts of them when it was obvious that they would never ever harm her in any way. However, tried as she might, she was still traumatic over what happened. Thus, she decided to stay away and be alone while she straightened her thoughts.

Instead of feeling hurt and angry, EXO sympathised with her. She could not even look in their eyes without fear. Every time they were around her, she seemed uncomfortable. She seemed afraid. They understood her pain and were willing to give all the time she needed to trust them back. As long as she was not in any danger, they could leave her alone. 

Kai was the only one who relentlessly kept visiting her room. He sent her food, waited and watched her eat, sat in the corner room the whole day and even when she was sleeping. They didn’t talk much and kept quiet most of the time. She would do her own separate things, like reading or writing or listening to music while he just stayed at the corner watching her every move. He promised not to disturb but she became restless after a while.

She watched him placing the tray of food on the table and that he went to drag a chair and sat facing her. As usual, he would make sure she finished it up. However, that afternoon, she was not hungry.

“Kai, I don’t want to eat.” She spoke softly.

“You have to.” He dictated. She refused and sulked. He was not going to let her have her way. So, he initiated it by picking up a piece of the chicken with a fork and then aiming it right to .

Once again, she became apprehensive and took the fork away from him. “Okay okay. I’ll eat it on my own.”

Her words may just be a casual remark but Kai felt a stab in his heart. His shoulders slumped dejectedly and swallowed the pain.

~*~

“Hyungggg, I’m bored.” Sehun whined and tugged Luhan’s shirt. The latter was focussing on solving the 7 by 7 Rubik’s cube and ignoring the maknae’s cries. Seeing no response from him, Sehun complained further. “You’ve been solving that thing many times. Don’t you get bored?” Luhan shook his head as a reply. “What a freak!” He mumbled softly but unfortunately, Luhan heard him.

A smack landed on Sehun’s back in a flash. “YAH! At least I don’t sing Bieber’s Baby in the shower all the time and have that song in the top of my playlist. Who’s the real freak?”

The rest of the older guys roared and laughed. Sehun turned meek and pouted. “You hyungs are so mean. Only Lyorin can understand me and we can sing along to Bieber all day without worries. She’s the only one who can entertain and play with me. But now ~ I miss her smile and laughter. I miss the old Lyorin.”

Suho walked over and patted the youngest. “Sehun don’t be sad. We miss the old Lyorin as well.”

 

The afternoon ended up with EXO occupying the living room; lazing and slacking their butts off. However, the door bell rang out of a sudden and the guys perked up almost instantly. D.O walked towards the front door and opened to see who it was.

“What are you doing here?” D.O hissed at the guy standing in front.

Suho walked to see was the guest and he saw a familiar face. “Hyunsik, what brings you here?”

“I come to see Lyorin. I heard she was –“

Sehun who appeared beside Suho, cut his speech. “Just because we allowed you to be friends with her, you think you can come here as when you like. Well, this mansion doesn’t welcome you. So, please leave before I –“

“Sehun, stop.” Suho warned.

“That’s not how you treat a guest, Oh Sehun.” Hyunsik further aggravated the maknae.

“How dare you?! You can never and will never be a guest in this house!” Sehun scorned. He was about to come forward but Suho blocked the two of them.

“Sehun! Don’t!” He glared at the youngest before facing Hyunsik. “Make it quick. She still needs to rest.”

Hyunsik stepped in to the mansion and went straight to her room. Since he had come here before, he knew the way without having any of EXO to lead him. As he climbed the stairs, he heard the commotion between EXO. They argued and protested. He knew his presence was making them uneasy and edgy. Thus, he didn’t want to cause any trouble and promise to visit her for just a short while. He just wanted to confirm if she was really fine because the last time he came; she was not.

He knocked gently and pushed the door to her room.

“Hyunsik?!” Lyorin brightened up when she saw him entering her room.

Kai, on the other hand, immediately lunged towards him. “What are you doing here?!” He snarled fiercely.

Hyunsik brushed him aside and answered nonchalantly. “I’m here for Lyorin. Your leader has allowed me in.”

Lyorin felt the heat coming from the 2 guys and intervened before any trouble. “Kai ~ Kai ~ he’s just visiting me. Don’t worry.” She tried to soften and cool down his temper. “You can leave me for a while. I’ll be okay.”

Kai reluctantly let Hyunsik in but not without a warning. He then turned to Lyorin and said, “I’ll be outside if you need anything.”

Lyorin nodded. Kai left the room and the two of them together, but was still vigilant.

Hyunsik beamed in delight when he was finally with her.

“Over-protective huh?” He said as he gave her a hug.

“Yea, a little too over-protective.” Lyorin complained.

They walked towards the bed. She sat on it while Hyunsik sat on the chair just beside. He came while she was eating so he noticed the food that was barely touched. So, while she was talking and telling him about the incident with the five unknown guys, he tried feeding her.

However, she refused and took the spoon from him and ate it herself. Like before, she didn’t like to be fed. Unless he was her boyfriend, she would not let him feed her. Hyunsik was surprised by her rejection. “Why?” He asked curiously.

“Nah, I prefer eating on my own.” She replied.

They continued chatting and laughing. The atmosphere was brighter and livelier. They were having fun but someone was definitely not enjoying every second of it. Kai could hear their laughter and it was unsettling him. It had been so long since her laughter blasted the house and then this guy who appeared uninvited, could make her laugh so easily. What charm did he have which Kai lacks? She refused his touch, help and was acting cold around him and even the whole of EXO. However, she seemed like she was enjoying her time with another guy; Hyunsik.

Kai grumbled. “What does she see in him? He’s so plain, bulky and short. He’s eye-smile; oh please I want to vomit. That is totally not adorable. I could be much cuter if I want to. He’s just not suitable for –“

“Kai, I don’t need Luhan’s power to hear clearly your thoughts.” Xiumin appeared from the back. Kai got startled and turned embarrassed. He didn’t realise his grumbling was that loud. “Kai, you’re better looking, taller and more charming but you need to soften this.” He poked Kai’s left chest. “You need to soften your heart for her.” He advised.

 

 

Lyorin put the last piece of chicken in but a crumble of it got on to her left cheek. Hyunsik chuckled at her because she was adorable. “You have something here?” He pointed.

“Here?” She asked while rubbing her cheek to get the crumble of food off.

“No over to the left side.” He replied.

“Here?” She asked again.

“A little down.”

“Is it still there?” She asked, slightly impatient. She was struggling to clean it up. He then reached out his hand and lightly grazed her cheek to remove the crumble of food. While he was doing so, they didn’t realise how close they were. Their noses almost touched.

Right at the moment, Kai stepped in to the room with a bottle of medicine. “It’s time for –“ He stopped just after he witnessed the two of them in a position which made him furious out of a sudden. He avoided looking any longer and placed the bottle of medicine on the table. “Here, your medicine.” He mumbled, looking down.

By then, both Lyorin and Hyunsik withdrew back. She noticed Kai’s expression immediately changed when he caught their act. She knew there was nothing wrong and her conscience was cleared. Hyunsik was only helping her. However, she felt like she needed to explain to Kai. She felt like he had mistaken her action. She didn’t want him to get the wrong idea. Most imp0rtantly, she didn’t want him to get hurt unnecessarily.

Scrambling herself to him before he could leave the room, she called. “Kai ~” She nudged his arm so that he would turn around and face her. “Kai, please listen. It’s not what you think it is. He was just helping me brushed off the –“

“Whatever.” Kai muttered and left the room. The door slammed close right before her.

Lyorin felt guilty because he hurt Kai.

Hyunsik felt guilty because he hurt Lyorin.

Kai;

Kai was just deeply hurt. 

 

(To be continued)

 


Someone is jealous....kekekekeke