Chapter 22

The Night Sun

22

 

Lyorin cursed under her breath at herself for what she had gotten herself into when she decided to tag along Chanyeol and Baekhyun for shopping. The noisiest and mischievous couple in the house; she couldn’t explain whether she loved or hated the attention she received while being with these two guys in a shopping mall. She didn’t want to stay so at home, so since both of them wanted to go shopping, she chose to follow them. Beggars can’t be choosers; however she actually felt a tinge of regret for following.

“Yeol! Look at that shirt, damn it looks nice!” Baekhyun exclaimed a little too loud as he pointed at a male mannequin.

Chanyeol shook his head and disagreed. “It looks nice on me but on you, nah I don’t think so.”

Baekhyun glared at the taller dude. He hated how much of a narcissist his brother was when it came to look. Yes, he knew he was shorter but that didn’t mean he was bad looking okay. “Shut up! At least I can easily find my size unlike some overgrown dumbo.” He fought back.

“I’m so going to tell Kris hyung what you just said of him.” Chanyeol replied and ran ahead before Baekhyun could smack him.

 

Lyorin watched and listened as the two guys bickering continuous. She followed them to the men department because they wanted her opinion. She waited as they tried on a few clothes and pants. Every time they dressed up in new clothing, she was always in awe how they could actually pull it off so handsomely. She would give them the same comment every single time they asked for her opinion.

“Wow Yeol oppa, that looks great on you.”

“Baek oppa, I love the pants. You look nice in it!”

“Oppa, you’re rocking that shirt!”

Chanyeol came out of the dressing room with a studded black vest and Lyorin watched in agape as he strutted his way towards her.

“Are you going to say that this looks nice too?” He asked, giving her the side-eyed look.

She laughed but then nodded. “Yes. But really, it looks good! I mean; I like the shiny studs on it. It makes you look fierce and cool.”

He ruffled her hair and smiled. “If you say so, then I’m going to get this.”

And then it was Baekhyun’s turn. She loved how this guy could be cute and adorable yet y in a way. When he flashed the signature eye-smile, her heart easily melted.

“So, how is it?” Baekhyun twirled around and showed off the tattered pants.

Lyorin gulped nervously.

Damn those thighs!

It didn’t help that the pants showed some of his skin which made her turn red almost instantly.

Baekhyun noticed the changed in her expression and decided to tease further. “I know how much of a glory my thighs are and I don’t mind showing more but can you please tell me if this pant looks good on me?” He smirked. Lyorin rolled her eyes at the comment she just received. Of course, a part of her wanted more but she wasn’t going to lose herself just because these guys happened to be very good looking.

Like every other girl, handsome guys make her heart beat faster than usual.

Hearing no reply, he added. “I take silence as a yes. Then, I’m taking this one as well.” Baekhyun pinched her cheek and gave her the flirtiest smile she had ever seen from him.

 

As a result, the guys ended up buying almost the whole men’s department. Carrying bags full of new clothes; they made way out of the store when suddenly Chanyeol turned right to the ladies’ section. Lyorin stopped and gave him a questionable look.

“Come on, you need to get a few new clothes too!” Chanyeol said and started looking through the dresses.

Baekhyun agreed and pushed her in. “Yup, let’s look at those pretty dresses and tops!” He pointed towards an array of the latest fashionable items in store.

“HAHA! NO!” Lyorin fake a laugh and about to run away but the two guys grabbed both her hands and dragged her in. “Guys, I don’t need new ~”

“Try this!”

“This too!”

“Wait, I think this will look good on you.”

She watched as both guys took control and handed to her not one, not two but almost a basket full of clothes to try on. Without listening to her whines, the guys pushed her into the dressing room while they waited outside to see the outcome of it all.

Inside the dressing room, she looked in astonishment at the amount of clothes she needed to put on. There were dresses, tops, pants, shorts, skirts and even a y spaghetti straps dress.

“Are you kidding me?” She muttered to herself and quickly trashed the dress back in to the basket.

The guys waited patiently for their girl to put on her clothes. Ladies kept glancing at them curiously because they were the only guys in that section of the store. Besides the fact that two handsome guys were there, they were also as usual making a huge deal of a noise.

“Wow what are these two handsome guys doing here?”

“Oh my God, their girlfriends are so lucky!”

The type of comments they received by the ladies that walked past them.

After what seemed like forever, Lyorin stepped out of the dressing room with a new set of clothing. With the new floral top and pleated short skirt; she walked awkwardly towards them with a shy smile only to see their surprised faces.

“Whoa! Girl, you’re absolutely gorgeous.” Chanyeol complimented and his eyes widened. He knew all along she had been beautiful but he had never given much attention previously.

Baekhyun’s mouth hung open. With her slim figure and long legs, she looked y despite the simple outfit. Her hair was wavy and her skin was glowing.

“Thanks.” She muttered softly.

“Okay, try the next one. By the way, we’re buying that.” Chanyeol pointed at her outfit and then turned her around back to the dressing room.

When she was inside, the guys stared at each other, grinning cheekily. “Man, my heart is beating so fast.” Baekhyun said while patting his chest. He didn’t expect her to look so stunning that it took his breath away.

Chanyeol nodded and added. “I know right. Jeez Kai, if you’re not going to make your move faster, I might just fall ~”

“Unless you want Kai to whoop your , then I advise you to don’t even plan on it.” Baekhyun reminded him before he could end his thought.

Chanyeol let out a long sigh. He knew Kai liked Lyorin and it won’t be nice if he started to fall for her as well. It would be a sin.

They spent nearly two hours in the ladies section but all in all, they left feeling satisfied and contented. Lyorin wasn’t planning on getting any clothes at the beginning, however at the end of the day; she came back with bags full of new clothes. She realised, shopping with Chanyeol and Baekhyun wasn’t too bad after all. They were nice enough to give her honest comments on her clothes even though their comments were centred on her being pretty and nice at almost every outfit she tried on. Since Yoona wasn’t around anymore, she had to get use to with doing things with the guys.

She had to because EXO was an imp0rtant part of her life now; almost a necessity.

 

   ~*~

 

“KIM LYORIN!” Yongguk’s deep voice blasted the quiet room as he jolted up from his unconsciousness. He had been resting for two days only to be waking up and shouting a girl’s name. Hyomin, who had been with him throughout the time when he was unconscious, became alerted after hearing his cry. In fact, the rest of BAP members got up on their feet and scrambled beside their leader.

Yongguk was perspiring and panting heavily. It was as if he had just woken up from a nightmare. His lips were parched and pale. He tried to get up but Himchan stopped him from doing so.

“Don’t get up. Your wounds aren’t fully healed.” He gently reminded the leader.

However, Yongguk was still as stubborn. His head was throbbing, his throat felt dry and his body was dehydrated and weak yet he was still adamant to get up and look for her; Lyorin. He just had a nasty dream of her and he didn’t like the feeling of it. He was sure his dream was a sign; a warning.

Hyomin pushed him back to his bed, quite forcefully. As a result, he grunted in pain when he finally felt his wounds. “Bang Yongguk, where do you think you’re going?” She was definitely hurt by him because the first name he shouted once he woke up, was of another girl. She wished it was her name but sadly, it wasn’t. Nevertheless, she wasn’t going to throw a fit or question him for it. At least he finally woke up and she was thankful for it.

“L-Lyorin; I n-need to see her.” He croaked. He wasn’t going to settle down and be at peace until he met her.

Hyomin let out a frustrating sigh. “You’re lucky to be injured right now, if not, I would have given you a tight slap.” She glared at him angrily.

Zelo stepped forward and held Yongguk’s shoulder gently. “Hyung trust me, she’s fine. Nothing happened to her and she is still up on her feet. Don’t worry and get some rest okay?” He assured him with a smile.

As much as he wanted to see her with his own eyes that she was perfectly alright, Yongguk trusted Zelo’s words. All he wanted is to see her but he had to be fully fit first. He needed to recover as soon as possible; for himself, for s as well as for Lyorin. The dream he had of her was so vivid that it was still haunting his mind. It felt so real. His knew a dream like this shouldn’t be taken lightly.

She was connected to them, in a way.

They had something in common.

The blood that ran in her was in him too.

 

(To be continued)

 


Hi I'm back!! ^__^v