Chapter 47

The Night Sun

47

 

“If you think you have found out your opponent’s weakness, think again! Don’t ever lose sight of your goal and only aim for the kill! Do not, I repeat, do not underestimate them! Most imp0rtantly, remember to work as a team. You’re no longer just EXO, BAP or BTOB; YOU ARE TOGETHER!” Mr Lee shouted across the open field where the twenty-five boys were seen sweating it out and panting loudly as they tried to catch their breaths after the hours of training. No matter how exhausted they were, the determination to win the battle kept rising every second. They had to prepare. They knew it was near.

BAP guys, being the most skilful after many years of carrying out the missions dutifully, did not hold back in providing tips to EXO and BTOB. All the three groups possessed their own strengths; BAP was the most experienced, BTOB was the wisest while EXO was the most diversified group with powers ranging from natural elements to healing. Differences were put aside as they worked together and shared a common goal.

Sehun ran alongside Zelo and Sungjae as the maknaes of the respective groups trained together. Surprisingly, Sehun’s face was bright and cheery. He was the hardest person to accept BAP and BTOB guys at the beginning, thus it was heart warming to see him finally opening up to them.

It was a brilliant idea to let these boys mingled and trained together because, boys being boys, their will power to outdo one another and show who the best would definitely be an advantage. They would improve, they would get along and most imp0rtantly, they would be more powerful together, as one.

“Hey Kai!” Hyunsik yelled. “Your power allows you to attack the enemies from the back. Maybe you should ~” Before Hyunsik could finish his sentence, Kai teleported behind Hyunsik and clamped his arms tightly. Hyunsik struggled to break free especially with the surprise attack.

“Do this you mean?” Kai smirked and held on Hyunsik’s arms strongly. The latter was as strong and it wasn’t easy for Kai as well but he held on. “You know, maybe you should work on being alert to your surroundings.” He said before letting his arms go.

Hyunsik growled, not because he was mad at Kai but because he was absolutely disappointed at himself. He straightened his back and turned to Kai. “Kai, you’re good. Your power is really amazing ~” He gave the male a compliment for the very first time.

Kai smiled and replied. “Thanks. You’re go-good too.” That came out quite easy than expected. He never thought he would be giving a compliment to the guy who was once a competitor to him. Wait, he’s still a competitor right? However, immediately his face fell when he realised his power wasn’t really that amazing. “Actually my power ~” He stopped and fiddled with his fingers. “Lyorin ~” He stuttered. “I can’t use my power on her.” He confessed.

Being on the same side now, it was only right for Hyunsik to know EXO’s weaknesses as well. Slowly, he revealed to him how Lyorin was unyielding to his, Luhan and Tao’s powers. Hyunsik listened intently and registered all the new information in his head. It was vital details and he felt extremely grateful to Kai for trusting him enough and expose all the secrets willingly.

Lightly, Hyunsik patted Kai’s shoulder and comforted. “It’s alright. Don’t let this worry you because now, you’re not doing this alone or neither are you doing this with only EXO. Remember, me and BTOB brothers together with BAP are with you.”

“I just wish I could have done better for her.” Kai muttered.

“Kai, you’re already perfect ~” Hyunsik said. “For her.”

 

Meanwhile, the leaders were on a friendly battle together. Of course, it wasn’t particularly friendly when everyone was on each others’ necks, literally. But they were leaders and they had better control on their emotions. Even after receiving hard kicks and punches, Eunkwang was still up on his feet brushing away the dirt on his arms and then stared at the person who did all that to him, Yongguk. If it happened before, he would have beaten the crap out of Yongguk and probably, killed him. Okay, maybe not kill. Most probably, he would break all of his bones. Yup, all.

“Come on Yongguk, is that all you’ve got?” Kris taunted as he watched how Eunkwang easily withstand Yongguk’s supposedly deadly blows.

Yongguk grunted fiercely and then aimed straight for Kris. He dashed and picked the 1.87m tall guy swiftly. Kris struggled to break free from Yongguk’s strong arms. Yongguk was holding onto him thinking he got it this time, but little did he know that the side has changed. Kris was holding onto him with both of them levitating a few metres off the ground. As a result, everyone else stopped what they were doing and watched both leaders with curiosity.

Daehyun stepped up and shouted. “Hmmm, why are you hugging each other in mid-air?”

Soon, everyone roared in laughter as some even fell on their knees, gagging at the hilarious scene. Yongguk scanned the area and when he realised he was up in the air with his arms entangled around Kris waist, which made them look like they were hugging, he let go off him and his body fell to the ground with a thud.

“Ow!” He rubbed his which happened to be the body part which landed first.

Eunkwang walked over to where Yongguk was on the ground and held out his hand for him to stand. “Yongguk, no one can deny how strong you are but you need to think before you recklessly act.” He pulled him up on his feet and patted his back. “That is your weakness.”

Yongguk understood and nodded. “Thanks ~”

Suho clapped his hands, signalling for attention. “Okay guys, enough for today. The sun is setting and I think all of us deserve a nice dinner right?”

The mention of dinner perked the guys’ ears and one by one they scrambled back inside the mansion and prepared themselves for food.

Unknowingly to the guys, Lyorin had been watching them train the entire time. She was up at the second level, looking through the window. Her smile never left her face when she saw all of them getting along perfectly. That was what she wished for. She chuckled once in a while, watching how mischievous the guys could be. Even though they possessed powers, looked intimidating and more matured than their real age, they were still boys.

And that finally hit her.

Her expression changed and her heart instantly dropped when she realised that these same boys were going to put their lives in danger. It was a battle where either you get seriously injured or you die. Lyorin didn’t even want either one to happen to these boys. She knew she should have more faith in them but her dream, the memory of her dad and all the events that happened in her life, it was enough to sink in to her that this was no joke and even if she had faith in them, it was useless. The enemies; they had proven their strengths, they were merciless and what scared her the most, they had the numbers. There were an army while for them; it was only a group of 25 boys who were just too young.

That was their fate, so they said. But Lyorin refused to believe it.

However, isn’t this part of fate as well; to go against what fate has decided?

To go against fate, isn’t that fate as well?

~*~

 

The servant bowed before his master who was comfortably sitting on the high chair while sipping the wine.

“Have you prepared everything that I asked you to?” He asked the servant, whose head was still down from the bow.

Slowly, he raised his head and looked at the master’s eyes timidly. “Yes, my lord. Our men are ready. We have a total of 100 men all prepared and ready for your next instruction and about 50 more as reserves. Some are trained with weapons, while others rely solely on their powers. But you have my word, my lord; these men can never be more ready than to fight for our clan.”

“Good good ~” The elderly man nodded approvingly while the precious necklace; his life.

The servant posed a question. “Would you like to send all 100 of them, my lord?”

“Of course! The more, the better. Send the reserves as well!” He sang confidently. He took a sip of his wine and then added, with a serious tone. “I just need the girl.”

“The girl is already with EXO, BAP and BTOB.” The servant reported.

“I’m aware of that. I don’t care about those useless guys. Just get me the girl and everything will be over. Once she’s dead, EXO will lose their powers. The rest will weaken as well and we can perish them all at once. After which, the Book of Fate will be ours.” He articulated.

“Yes, my lord.” The servant bowed.

“Their clans will die with them. And we will get stronger without their existence. Imagine the world being controlled with special beings like us. We are bestowed with all these wonderful powers only for a reason; to control all the fragile humans who would eventually place their heads on our feet. We are the superiors, after all.” He continued.

“When shall we begin?” The humble asked.

The elderly man straightened his back to the most imp0rtant question of all. “When is the eclipse?”

“In three days time, my lord.” The servant replied.

The elderly heard the respond and stayed silent for a brief moment.  He picked up the necklace with the ancient locket hanging loosely. He examined it before finally began.

“Send our men in three days.”

Three days?

72 hours?

4320 minutes?

259200 seconds?

150 men against 25 boys?

Just how?

 

(To be continued)


Hello! I know it's been almost two week since the last update. I'm really sorry.

So, we all know the end is coming (or not)

Let'sjust wait for the outcome alright? kekekeke

Meanwhile, enjoy happy Yongguk and Zelo for now..

THANK YOU FOR READING AND STAYING WITH ME!

 

Okay don't ask me why the sudden GIF spam