Chapter 30

The Night Sun

30

 

I’ll act crazy. I want to smile even though I’m sad.
I don’t want your empty heart. (We just too late.)
(Uh) You said I was yours. You said you’ll do it your way.
Is this your way of love? You should have never even started it then. Yeah.

GDragon – But I love you

 

Yongguk had been staring at the wall clock for the past half an hour. Hyomin, who was beside him, became slightly irritated when the male refused to even glance at her. He was still in bed but definitely had gotten better. She had to take the initiative first so she pushed the bed cover and slid underneath to be on the bed beside him. Her action only earned a cold hard stare from Yongguk.

“What are you doing?” He asked, finally speaking to her after the long unbearable silence.

She snuggled closer but was still careful to not land her touch on his wounds that were still healing. “I just want to get cosy with you.” She said and started kissing his thick neck.

Yongguk let out an annoyed grunt. He was already stressed up and it would be nice if no one disturbed his train of thought. He wanted to push her away but he decided not to.

She leaned closer to him and rested her head on his shoulder. Slowly, she began speaking. “I miss this; the time when we spent together, just you and me. We will wake up with the sun shining on our faces and then you will bring in breakfast for me. We will eat together, talk and laugh. Everything was nice and perfect but now ~” She stopped for a brief moment and then continued. “You’re cold and harsh. You’re no longer the loving and caring guy. I don’t even know Bang Yongguk anymore.”

Yongguk was annoyed at first but after listening to her words, he felt extremely bad and guilty. He wanted to tell her how much he enjoyed the moment they spent together previously. However, everything changed after he met someone. He didn’t quite understand how but just her presence was enough to make him forget about everything else. He knew right from the start she was different from the rest of the girls, including Hyomin. There was this uncanny connection that he could not quite explain. It had been months since he last seen her and heard from her. He missed her terribly but he had promised never to appear in her life anymore.

Slowly, he tilted his head and faced her. He lifted up her chin gently and spoke to her nicely. “Hyomin, I’m sorry for everything. But you do know there was never love in our relationship right? I’m sorry if I hurt you ~”

“Do you really think that there was no love all this while? Do you really think that I was doing everything just for fun and not because I genuinely love you?” She cut him. Tears started to well her eyes.

Yongguk stared at her calmly with soft eyes. “I’m sorry, Hyomin. You’re a nice girl but there was nothing special between us.” He sighed.

“How dare you say there was nothing special between us?!” She pushed him away and glared. “Those nights that we spent, the cuddles, the kisses; don’t tell me there was nothing special in that.” She cried. Tears flowed down her rosy cheeks.

Still calm and composed, Yongguk wiped her tears away with his bare hand. “Please don’t cry ~” He cooed. “Hyomin, the times we spent together were special but between us, there was nothing. You know it.” He said it. He didn’t want to add further on the details. He knew she was hurt but all along there was really nothing going on between them. Whatever activities she did with him, she did it with s as well. Yes, he had to admit the times they spent were lovely but that was it.

“I hate you! I hate you! You love her don’t you? You ditched me just because of her?! I hate you!”  She was crying and hitting his chest. It was hurting him but he let her continue and vent all her frustrations on him.

“Yes, I love her. I don’t know how or why but I love her. I don’t want you to get hurt any longer so I’m telling you this. I hope you find someone more deserving than me. Hyomin, I’m really sorry.” He apologised once again.

After which, he pushed himself off the bed and stood up. Shakily, he grabbed a shirt and put it on carefully not to touch his wounds. He walked out of the room and left her in tears. He had to leave her alone. If he had stayed longer, it would only hurt her more. He was really sorry to her. Nevertheless, his feelings for Lyorin would never falter. He loved her.

 

~*~

Lyorin walked out of her room when suddenly someone bumped her shoulder quite roughly.

“Are you blind?!” Sori shouted. Lyorin rubbed her sore shoulder and looked up. She wasn’t the one who bumped into her yet she was being yelled at. However, she maintained her cool and mumbled an apology softly before walking away from her. But, she was pulled back instantly when she was about to avoid her. With a mocking laugh, she asked. “Now that Kai and I are back together, what do you think of it?”

Lyorin stared at her piercing eyes. She had to remain strong despite the painful question. Slowly she replied. “Great that you guys are back together.”

Sori laughed after hearing her reply. “You know, Kai has always love me ~” She ventured on. Lyorin didn’t want to hear anymore so she walked away but again, she was pulled back. “Hey, I’m not done talking to you!” She glared.

“What’s wrong with you?” Lyorin spitefully asked. She was trying her best to control her anger.

“I want to share with you the memorable moment I spent together with Kai.” She replied and blinked her eyes. “We kissed, hugged and even slept ~”

Lyorin couldn’t take it anymore. She walked away but when Sori wanted to pull her back again, she brushed her quickly. At the moment, Kai came out of his room. When Sori noticed that Kai saw the commotion, she pretended to somehow fall to the floor because Lyorin pushed her too hard. In actual fact, Lyorin didn’t even use an ounce of force on her.

“Ouch ~” She whimpered and frowned. She clutched her stomach as if in pain.

Immediately, Kai went to her and worriedly asked. “Sori, are you okay?”

“Kai, she pushed me ~” She replied and pointed her index finger to Lyorin.

Lyorin turned to face her and gave a clueless stare. She swore that she never pushed her. Sori was obviously lying and wanted Kai’s sympathy. She felt disgusted watching her entire pretentious self. She ignored them and walked away.

Kai isn’t going to believe Sori right?

However, someone pulled her arm back again and this time it wasn’t Sori. “I want you to apologise to Sori.” Kai said.

She stared at him. “What?” She heard him but she wanted to make sure she heard him wrong.

“I want you to apologise to Sori. Now.” He said it slowly and clearly. There was no smile on his face. He was serious and he meant every word he just said.

Lyorin stared at him, speechless. She couldn’t believe that he just demanded for her to apologise to Sori when it was obvious that she was faking it all along. She shook her head and let out a cynical laugh. “So, this is how it will be. You’re going to ask me to say sorry without even investigating. I guess you believe whatever that you saw right? Fine, if that’s the case then I’m sorry. I’m sorry if I hurt your precious girlfriend. I’M SORRY.” She emphasised.

Without wasting any more breath, she turned around and walked away. She whispered in her heart telling her not to cry in front of them. Even though tears were already at the brim, she vowed never to shed a single tear for him anymore.

Kai watched her back slowly disappeared from his sight. He didn’t know what had gotten into him. He ran his fingers through his hair and growled frustratingly.

 

Luhan witnessed the entire scene. He didn’t know what was wrong with Kai. Every time he tried to tap his mind, there was nothing but the thought of taking care of Sori. He was sure it wasn’t because Kai loved Sori. It was more like an obligation that he needed to fulfil. It was more like he was forced. He didn’t want to tap on Sori’s mind, fearing her privacy but if he had to then he will because everything seemed odd and fishy.

 

~*~

 

Kai strolled down the lake on a cold evening all alone. It was cold but staying indoor was colder for him. Everyone was giving him the cold shoulders, especially Lyorin. He found a spot on the grass floor and sat down with his legs stretched forward. The lake was peaceful and calm but his heart and mind weren’t. He knew things in the house would never ever be the same. The liveliness was gone and all that was left is just emptiness and numbness. Nevertheless, the decision that he made was only to save someone from harm. Honestly, it wasn’t just someone. He’s saving two lives.

If you think one is Sori and the other is Lyorin, then you’re wrong.

He lied down on his back and stared at the blue sky that was filled with clouds. It had been three days since the last time he talked to Lyorin. The last time wasn’t even a friendly interaction. She was definitely angry at him. She avoided him and didn’t even look him in the eyes ever since. She talked to the rest of EXO normally but not him. He let out a long sigh as he recalled all the memories he had with her. It was short but it was sweet. He wished it could have been longer. 

The first time he had his eyes on her was when he just transferred to the same high school as hers. She was carrying her backpack with her book in her hand, walking alone to her locker. She stared intently at her book, totally engrossed by it. A frown could be seen and Kai could not help but melt at how adorable she looked. She stood out from the rest of the girls in school not because she was pretty but because she totally ignored his presence even when she happened to walk past him. Compared to the girls who were ogling at him, Lyorin possessed such rare beauty that exudes peace and serenity. She was different right from the start.

Yet, Kai didn’t want to commit the same mistake he made. He wasn’t going to let her get his feelings so easily. He wasn’t going to fall for her just because she was pretty and nice. Thus, he chose to treat her impartially at the beginning. Once they started to live under the same roof, he realised she was a girl with character; feisty, stubborn and a tad rude. Then again, he couldn’t blame her entirely considering EXO just entered her life out of nowhere. He tested her many times, being harsh and cold around her. It surprised him how she wasn’t afraid to fight back. He admitted there were times when he could not stand her attitude, but she could easily turn their feelings with just flashing the sweet smile of hers. It wasn’t only him. In fact, the rest of EXO had a hard time being angry at her for a long time. No matter what happened, they could never get angry at her for long.

When she got hurt the first time that was when Kai realised it wasn’t just a casual worry and concern. It was far more than that. He became extremely attentive and alert. He became protective of her. It wasn’t just because he had to protect her just so he could still have his powers. Yes, it was an obligation at first but it became not just a mere duty but an integral part of his life. She became the reason why he could still breathe in this world.

His thoughts were suddenly disrupted by the sound of laughter coming from the bushes. He sat up straight and listened to find out the owner’s voice. It seemed like someone was talking on the phone.

“Yes, I’m going to marry Kai by the end of next month ~”

“He promised he would.”

“I know right, how stupid of him to believe ~”

“I had to if not that will ruin everything ~”

“I’ll figure out something. I could always say that I suffer from a miscarriage or I could sleep with someone else ~”

 

“K-K-Kai ~” Sori’s eyes widened in horror as she dropped the cell phone to the ground instantly when she saw Kai stood right in front of her, huffing and puffing furiously. His fists clenched tightly and his body was shaking. He stared at her with blood shot eyes.

Once again, he was fooled.

 

(To be continued)

 


Okay, what do you think Sori lied to Kai about?

Is this really the end for Lyorin or is it the end for Sori?

To those who have commented, THANK YOU SO MUCH! Your comments are like motivation to me, in a way. I really appreciate it. Hopefully, you will stay with me till the end ^___^