Chapter 44

The Night Sun

44

 

Yongguk was on the left side, Hyunsik was on the right side while Kai stood in front of the bed, gazing at Lyorin’s beautiful face. She had been unconscious for almost two days. It worried them to no end and wished she would wake up soon. There wasn’t any remedy for it. They just had to wait not so patiently for her to wake up on her own.

Yongguk brushed the strands of hair on her forehead and whispered. “Come on sweetheart, wake up ~” He pleaded.

Enviously watching Yongguk, Hyunsik held her hand and kissed it. “Lyorin, wake up. I miss your laughter and cute smile.” He said.

Kai, on the other hand, wasn’t bothered to compete with them. His only hope was for Lyorin to wake up. She might not be physically hurt, but he was afraid her mental state might be affected.

Their prayers were answered when suddenly, Lyorin’s finger started to twitch. Weakly, her eyes opened. In a blink of an eye, Yongguk pulled her into a tight bear hug. “LYORIN!” He raised his voice in shock and held her closely. “You’re back ~”

The rest of EXO, BAP and BTOB smiled and exhaled in relief when she finally woken up from a long sleep.

Hyunsik gave them several seconds before he pulled them apart and then went to hug her instead. “I miss you ~” He whispered in her and her back gently.

Lyorin was still daze. There was only blank expression when the two guys hugged her. After a while, her head got back on track and she scanned the many pair of eyes that were looking at her worriedly.

“Are you okay?” Yongguk asked and held her hands. “Are you hurt anywhere? Do you need me to get the healers?” He was concerned considering that she was out for two days.

Then, it was Hyunsik’s turn to ask. “Would you like a drink? Are you feeling alright?”

Lyorin looked at them but didn’t answer. Her eyes scanned the room and landed on someone. Kai was smiling at her sweetly with his head slightly tilted to the side. Ignoring their questions, she pushed away the blanket and crawled to the edge of her bed where he was standing.

Kai noticed that she was going for him and instinctively he stretched out his arms for her. She took his hands and then snuggled in his arms. “Kai ~” She sobbed.

Her action dampened Yongguk and Hyunsik’s mood and they were once again reminded that Kai was still the one.

Kai’s nestled his chin on top of her head and her back gently. “Shh ~ I’m here.” He smiled not because he won. He smiled because he could feel Lyorin’s warmth in his arms; the only warm in the world which he missed.

Since Lyorin possessed possibly the most vital information, the boys from BAP and BTOB weren’t going to leave EXO’s place until they heard from her. Thus, it was decided that these boys were going to stay together under the same roof. While the rest of EXO heaved a loud sigh yet they were still welcoming. Sehun was the only one who absolutely hated the intrusion.

“I’m not sharing my room with any of you!” He announced before Kris and Suho decided on their respective rooms.

Suho walked over to the maknae and assured. “Sehun, don’t worry. There are plenty of guest rooms in this house.”

Daehyun invaded the kitchen with Changseob. D.O immediately stopped them. “Hello hello, where do you think you’re going?”

“I need a drink.” Daehyun said.

D.O frowned. “Fine, go get it yourself but don’t you mess up the kitchen!” He warned and let the guys in. The kitchen was his favourite place and speaking of which, now he had to worry about food. “25 guys and a girl, oh great ~” He sighed.

Chanyeol and Daehyun were on the video game. This was probably the only way there were allowed to battle against one another. Even though it was just a game of soccer, their respective team mates were cheering relentlessly, fixing their eyes on the TV. This was like a battle of pride and ego. Meanwhile, the BTOB members were bringing their bags which they had brought over for the stay.

Luhan watched as they carried their bags to the guest rooms. He whispered to Kris who seemed to be a little tensed up and stressed. “This is temporary right?” He asked.

Kris nodded. “Yes, temporary.” As much as he wanted to be a gracious leader and host, he didn’t really like the idea of them staying together in the same house, especially when many of their differences weren’t settled.

The only two people who seemed to be happy with the whole staying together were Yongguk and Hyunsik. They were closer to their favourite girl and the thought of being around her 24/7 was enough to erase all the negative feelings. They confessed their real feelings to her and the only way to make her accept any of one of them was to be with her. They were confident that this stay over would allow them to get closer to her and eventually win her heart.

The best man wins, of course. 

 

 

It was only left with Kai and Lyorin in the room as the rest of the guys meddled in their own affairs and let her rest. She was sitting on the bench out in the balcony, folding her arms and refused to eat anymore. She was already full but Kai kept insisting on her to finish up the food. He was sitting beside her and he then took a spoonful of the porridge.

“Ahhh ~” He said, telling her to open .

However, she took the spoon and ate it on her own. “No more please.” She pleaded.

Kai tilted his head and curiously asked. “Why didn’t you let me feed you?”

“I have my own pair of hands. I just don’t like being treated like a princess.” She stated casually.

Kai recalled the incident in the past when she refused the food from his hand. At that point of time, he thought it was because she hated his touch and refused to eat the food from him but now he realised it was because she hated to be fed by someone. He chuckled, remembering that brief moment. He put the food away and then sat closer to her.

“So tell me, what did you see?” He asked, going straight to the point.

Lyorin looked down and kept quiet. She didn’t know how to start. She saw what happened that led to her father’s death. “I returned back to the time when it was hours before my father died.” She began softly.

Kai leaned nearer to her and let her head rest on his shoulder while he listened to her intently.

“My dad had got to be the bravest guy I’ve ever seen.” She said and Kai nodded. He absolutely agreed with her. “I don’t know Kai ~ I saw the man that was supposed to be the bad guys’ master. I don’t recognise him at all. He’s new and unfamiliar.” She frowned.

He rubbed her shoulders and soothed. “Take it easy okay. Don’t stress yourself up. So, where is the place? Do you remember where or how it looks like?”

“I remember!” She exclaimed and suddenly straightened her back. “I don’t know where it is exactly but I know how to get there. I remember the roads my dad took when he was driving there.” Finally, she realised everything her father did is all planned for her. All the bits of information he was trying to convey to her before he died. It was vital.

She continued. “The house was huge, as huge as this mansion. There were plenty of guards and all possessed powers.” She paused before saying. “Kai, they were powerful, very powerful ~” She warned.

Kai nodded at every word she said. “Lyorin, everything you said is imp0rtant.” He said. “We can make use of it to attack and finish them once and for all.”

Lyorin shuddered at the thought of EXO or even BAP and BTOB, going on a battle. “Kai, I’m scared ~” She confessed.

“It’s okay baby bear. As long as I’m here, you will be safe.” He cuddled.

They remained silent and enjoyed the night sky and the light breeze. Kai leaned down, planning for a kiss on her forehead. Lyorin closed her eyes, expecting for it. However, their calm was disrupted when Yongguk saw the both of them from the first level.

“Excuse me!” He shouted. “Excuse me!” He shouted again, louder than before

Immediately Kai stopped what he was about to do and let out an annoying grunt, while Lyorin chuckled upon hearing Yongguk’s voice. Kai stood up and looked at Yongguk from the second level balcony of Lyorin’s room.

“What do you want?!” He raised his voice.

Yongguk tapped the invisible watch on his wrist, signalling the time. “It’s already past bedtime. I don’t want anything stupid to happen between the two of you ~”

“THIS IS OUR HOUSE!” Kai cut him.

“But both of you are still underage to be staying together ~”

Lyorin joined Kai and looked at Yongguk from the second level.

“Oh hi Lyorin ~” Yongguk went off topic when he saw her peeking at him.

Kai shot. “I’m already legal, you stupid!”

“But she’s not ~” Yongguk retorted but only to earn a response from Lyorin.

“I am legal too! I’m already 18!” She shouted from the second storey.

“Nope, you’re still a baby ~” Yongguk confirmed his stand. “My baby ~” He whispered silently, only to himself.  “So, I want both of you to go back to your respective rooms.” He ordered like a leader. Technically, he was the leader but he wasn’t Kai’s leader.

Kai growled. “GOSH! You’re worse than Kris Hyung ~”

“KAI, I HEARD THAT!” Another yell came inside the house and it was Kris’s.

Lyorin started to laugh, obviously amused by the antics of these boys. Kai was about to blow his top, frustrated because Yongguk totally ruined everything he had planned for but Lyorin stopped and calmed him down.

“Kai, relax please.” She pulled his hand and turned him around so that they were facing each other. He was huffing and sulking adorably. She smile and looked up at his eyes which seemed to be avoiding hers. “Kai, look at me.” She said nicely. Slowly, he gazed in her eyes. “Go back to your room okay? We’ll continue our talk tomorrow.”

“Okay. Sleep tight and ~” Unexpectedly to Lyorin, he bent down and kissed her right cheek. She blushed at the sudden contact. “Good night.” He smiled and then walked her back to her bed. She stayed quiet, still dazed after the kiss. Once he had tucked her comfortably under the blanket, he smiled for the last time before heading for the door.

However, her hand caught his arm. He turned to see her. “Kai, I-I-I ~” She stuttered nervously. “Hope you sleep well.” She blurted.

“You too, baby bear ~” He replied and left the room.

As soon as he left the room, Lyorin hid under her blanket and cursed to herself. She slapped her cheeks and hit her head, disappointed at herself.

“Kim Lyorin, is it so hard to say?” 

 

(To be continued)

 


Hello~ Sorry I've been busy lately for uni preparation. So, now the three groups are all living under the same roof! Is it going to be disastrous or will this be a start of something good?