~Chapter 9~

HOW TO SURVIVE HIGH SCHOOL with Luhan

 

You got that something I need - Lunafly

 



 

Authors POV

 

Youngmi sat down on her usual spot and she started eating her lunch which consisted of a sandwich. Her sister couldn’t make her lunch since Bomi was busy with things that Youngmi didn’t have any information about so she made her own lunch. As she started biting chunks off of the sandwich her thoughts went back to the incident.

Having one friend won’t make any difference right? I mean it’s just one friend, what would he do to throw Youngmis life into chaos? He’s just one guy but it is Luhan, she still had to put that in mind, the person who will be the first ever friend that she have is Luhan after ‘her’ of course. Even just saying his name seeps out of weirdness.

“Should I let him in my personal bubble?”

After the incident she kept going back to the time where he mentions her as his friend. Youngmi didn’t know why but she kind of longed for someone to be her friend, even if it was just a small amount of time she would be happy to call someone a friend. She missed having a friend who she could depend on and make her happy again. She just didn’t know if Luhan was the best choice for that special spot in her heart.

“Am I ready to have a friend again after all these years?”

Youngmi stared blankly at the grass that seemed to sway from side to side from the wind that blew past her crouching figure. It felt nice, it was relaxing and it comforted her even if it was just a small amount of time.

These were just the things that she liked about being where she was, the quietness of her surroundings just made her feel free from all the constricting vines of her everyday problems that seemed to engulf her into saddening emotions. It also frees her from her past that she couldn’t wait to let go that seemed to haunt her wherever she goes.

“Hey Youngmi.” Luhan greeted sitting next to her waving his hands in front of her face trying to get her attention.

“Youngmi? Yah, Youngmi.” He said again nudging her then shook her after getting no response from her again.

Youngmi was in a trance once again, the constant images that played in her head that seemed to haunt her from her past that she couldn’t let go. The images that seemed to play in her head over and over again, things that she wanted to forget about but she couldn’t.

“Youngmi!” Luhan shrieked in panic as he saw her body shake in a crazed frenzy. He held her, wrapping his hands around her shoulders and pulling her towards him trying to make her trembling stop.

“Youngmi?! Yah, Kim Youngmi!” He yelled again.

Youngmi finally left her trance after the horrifying images that crowded and engulfed her mind, the trembling of her body that seemed to go along with the flashbacks that kept haunting her. Why can’t they just leave her? Why must they come back?

“Leave me alone!”

Youngmi opened her eyes as her breathing hitched to a new high, she was breathing heavily as she clutched the unknown persons shirt. She looked up and saw who it was, Luhan. She looked at him and saw his concern for her, it was genuine.

“Youngmi-ah, are you okay?” Luhan asked in concern.

Youngmi unclutched her hands away from Luhan and moved back as she saw how close they were. Her breathing came back to normal and her trembling stopped. It was easy for her to stop those things but it was harder to forget and stop the memories and the scars that she has.

“Youngmi, are you okay?” He asked again inching his hands towards her.

“Ha-ha, I’-m fine.” Young stuttered flinching away from his touch.

“Are you sure?” Luhan asked moving his hands away since he clearly knew her discomfort.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Youngmi replied looking away from him.

“Okay then.” Luhan said stopping himself from asking any more questions.

Everything went silent as soon as both their gaze met. Feeling the awkwardness seep in the atmosphere, they looked away from each other and finally Youngmi had enough courage to speak.

“Thank you by the way.” Youngmi said.

“For what?” Luhan asked.

“For last night. Thank you.” She said.

“Oh, don’t worry about it.” Luhan replied.

“So….. how are you?” Luhan awkwardly asked drawing circles on the low trimmed grass around him.

“Been better.” Youngmi replied back.

“So what was all that about?” Luhan asked clearly intrigued at what had happened to her earlier.

As soon as she heard those words leave his lips her body instantly tensed up. She couldn’t tell him, why would she anyway? It wasn’t his business and she doesn’t trust him enough for her to tell him all the things that happened to her.

“I can’t tell you.” Youngmi answered.

“Why? Was it because I was too close to you.” He joked as he winked at her.

“What is he talking about?”

“What? What do you mean you were too close to me?” Youngmi asked clearly confused. “What are you talking about?”

“I’m talking about you scurrying away from my hug, what are you talking about?” Luhan asked snickering at her.

“Hahaha, that…..” Youngmi laughed clearly embarrassed at what just happened. She heaved a sigh and cleared her mind.

“At least he’s not bothered about my flashbacks. Good thing, he's not suspicious.”

“I saw you blushing when you pulled away from me. Have  you perhaps fallen deeply in love with me that you can’t stand to be too close to this godly person called Luhan?” He informed her with clear smugness in his words as he overly praised himself.

Youngmi chuckled at his comments.

“Are you serious? You really think I would fall in love with you?” She asked raising a brow.

“Come on, who wouldn’t love this.” Luhan smugly asked as he dramatically showed himself off with his hands with that smile of his.

“Not me..” Youngmi said.

“You know you love this.” Luhan commented ing the first button on his shirt as he leaned closer to her.

“Get away from me, ert.” Youngmi cautiously said leaning away from him.

“Come here you y piece of .” Luhan growled crawling sensually towards the retreating girl.

Youngmi stared at him wide eyed as he moved closer and closer towards her retreating figure. She had to do something to make him stop and maybe a kick in the face would do it. So she did just that.

As soon as he was close enough for her to kick him on the face she stopped moving and looked at him dead in the eyes with true intent making him question his actions yet he still went on with it even after a few moments of hesitation.

Youngmi raised her feet at about the height of his face and pulled it towards her chest and struck his face right at the centre.

*BAM*

Luhan flew back a few feet away after the powerful kick that he just received.

His face felt like it was about to fall off, that was how bad his face hurt. It wasn’t everyday where Luhan gets kicked in the face, he experienced it once but it wasn’t this hard and painful.

Luhan rolled on the grass in so much pain that seemed to make Youngmi show lack of interest on the pain that he was feeling. She simply looked at him and laughed.

The bell finally rang and Youngmi stood up from her spot and walked towards Luhan who still cried in pain as he caressed his red face.

Showing a bit of sympathy to the guy, Youngmi held up her hand to him and waited for Luhan to take it.

Luhan stopped rolling on the grass and looked at Youngmi who looked at him while she waited for his response to her once in a life time kindness. He smiled at her and grabbed her hand and stood up while she heaved in the process.

“Thanks.” Luhan said smiling at her.

“Well, it’s the least thing I could do since I did kick you in the face and it looked like it might have hurt.” Youngmi stated walking away from him.

“Might have hurt?” Luhan asked in surprise to how she thought it ‘might’ have hurt.

“Stop whining like a and take it like a man.” Youngmi chuckled waving to him.

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

It was finally the end of the day, the bell rang and every student left their seats and left the room. Youngmi packed her things and walked out the room heading to her locker.

She clutched her books on her chest and walked to her locker area but was quickly halted by a voice that cried out her name.

“Youngmi-ah!!” A male person’s voice called out to her.

Youngmi instantly knew who it was considering that the voice seeped out of too much happiness and bright colours, rainbow colours. How she hated that voice, it was too bright and happy for her liking. She slumped down her shoulders and sighed looking back at him with a gloomy face.

“Luhan?” Youngmi said sounding very displeased.

“Oh god…”

“Hey, Youngmi.” He smiled at her panting.

“What do you want?” She asked.

“The school vice-president told me to give this to you. This is the form for next week’s year level day. You have to change a few things and photocopy it to give out to class tomorrow.” Luhan stated handing the piece of paper to her.

“What?!” Youngmi shrieked looking at the piece of paper that he handed to her. “Why must I do it?”

“You are the class president, it’s your duty.” He replied.

“I hate being a president.”

“But, I don’t know how to do this.” Youngmi stated looking at the piece of paper like it was something from out of this world.

“Don’t worry, I’ll help you tonight.” Luhan told her with a smile.

“Ugh, why does it have to be you?” She commented walking away from him clearly displeased that she had to do another chore for tonight; she still had to clean the male bathrooms again.

“At least I’m willing to help you.” Luhan yelled to her getting a few looks from quite some people.

Little did they know that a few pairs of eyes were watching their every move from behind the lockers.

“Who is that hyung?” Sehun whispered asking his hyungs about the girl Luhan was talking to.

“I don’t know. I haven’t seen her before in my life.” Kai whispered back.

“Let’s ask him then.” Lay said walking up to Luhan. Kai and Sehun followed behind with smiles on their faces feeling very happy.

They walked closer to Luhan with apparent smiles on their faces thinking that they hit the jackpot about Luhan. So who was this girl and what was his relationship with her?

Luhan stood in the middle of the corridor with that giant smile on his face looking at the retreating figure of Youngmi. It was weird, he was weird.

“Hey hyung, what’s up?” Sehun snickered moving beside him making Luhan look at him and to Lay and Kai who eyed him in suspicion.

“Nothing much.” Luhan informed them.

“Really? Then why are you so happy?” Lay asked watching Youngmi turn the corner.

“I’m always happy.” He said to them smiling.

“Yah, cut the crap hyung. Who was that girl you were talking to?” Kai said getting straight to the point.

“Who?” Luhan asked.

“The girl!” They yelled out pointing at the direction she went in.

“Oh, her. She’s just a friend.” Luhan replied shrugging them off.

“Bull.” Kai said.

“What?” Luhan asked.

“I saw you looking at her with that smile, so who is she really?” Kai asked getting interest from Sehun and Lay inching closer to Luhan getting in his personal bubble.

“What are you talking about?” Luhan asked pushing them away.

“Stop being in denial and just tell us hyung, we won’t tell anyone.” Sehun said. “Promise!” He said putting up his hand.

“There is nothing going on..” Luhan told them truthfully but they obviously won’t take that answer.

“You do know that we won’t leave until you tell us the truth right?” Lay informed him. 

That was true; they won’t leave him alone until they get what they want to hear. Luhan had to say something to satisfy their needs but it might kill him in the end. So he gambled his own life.

“So hyung, who is she?” Sehun insisted.

Sighing, Luhan told them the worst mistake of his life.

“She’s my girlfriend.”

 

 



 

Authors Note:

Hey guys! 

Hope you enjoyed this chappie and the SONG. I love LUNAFLY!! Tell me if I have any mistakes. Thank you!

There is a finally something that tells us why Youngmi is like this. Something bad happened to her.

WOWS!!! I have 380+ subbies!! I am so grateful to all of you right now. You just made my year! Thank you.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! TO ALL YOU Y CREATURES THAT WALKS EARTH! 

 

*Question/s of the Day*

Do you think Luhan would die soon considering that he said that Youngmi was his girlfriend.

I'm sure he'll die soon. /shakes head/

What are your New Years resoloution? Mine is to lose weight that I already started, nearly lost about 14 kilos!! I am so happy.

Did you also know that YG's new girl group will debut on the 15th of this month? And, 2NE1 are rumoured to release teasers on the 17th!

Waaah, I can't wait!!

Comment to answer below.

 

Guys, it would mean A LOT to me if you could kindly PLEASE click on the giant arrow next to the title! Thank you all my chicken mcniggets. /hugs all around/

GUYS!! Upvoting is better now, you can upvote even if you only have 25 karma or up!! So please DO Upvote by clicking the giant arrow on the top!