~Chapter 24~

HOW TO SURVIVE HIGH SCHOOL with Luhan

 

 

Dolls - 9 Muses

 



 

Authors POV

 

You could say Youngmi had an enjoyable time with Myungsoo. It was a nice date. She felt like it wasn’t a real date but a friendly one, a date with a close friend.

Considering that there was that time when he practically crawled on top of her when apparently the spy was calling Myungsoos father for his report on their date. That was what you called an awkward situation.

Youngmi obviously had to oblige to his request of going along with his plans.

According to Myungsoo, the spy was reporting to Mr Kim about the progress of the date and if the spy reports even the date finished then it meant that it wasn’t true and that was why Myungsoo had to make it believable by acting more couple like.

That included the crawling on top of Youngmi and the whisper that looked like a kiss and the intimate gestures thrown her way from Myungsoo was a part of his plan.

Youngmi sat down on her chair remembering what happened just a few days ago. She came early for school again for a reason she does not know why even if she flipped her brain multiple times just to look for the answers.

The feeling of being alone like before Luhan came to her life was kind of missed and just at least having a time for herself at least a few minutes a day was enough for her.

Youngmi stared at the bored located in front of the room stuck to the wall when Luhan came into the room without her seeing like she was in her own world. He was too, early.

He walked to his seat and purposely made it screech against the floor to release her out of her drunken like state.

Youngmi looked at him and gave a small nod considering his existence. He nodded back and faced the front without doing his daily rituals consisting of waving at her while tilting his head to the side and he would also talk to her until the teacher came but not on that day. Something about him felt different and weird to her.

She was quite eager to talk to him that morning and tell him all about her adventure a few days back since she hasn’t seen him since her date and could not inform him of what happened. She was very excited to tell him but she could tell that something was wrong with him.

Luhan rested his head on his desk watching the blue sky and the clouds move by outside with his hands rested on his sides. He didn’t want to talk to Youngmi at that moment. He thought that he would be alone in class but sadly he was mistaken.

Youngmi stood up from her seat and moved to the seat next to Luhan and sat down on it. When she was comfortable in her new position she tapped his slumped shoulders to get his attention but she was ignored.

She did it again but he didn’t budge.

“Luhan, I know you know I’m here,” Youngmi said poking Luhan. Yet he ignored her again. He just stared outside without a care in the world.

“Luhan talk to me please?” She stopped poking him but moved closer dragging her chair with her. Her knee just an inch away from his leg causing her to hesitate to move closer.

Youngmi nudged him again looking a bit down. She said, “Luhan, what’s bothering you?  Please talk to me.”

She moved closer and hugged his upper body and rested her head on his back. She stayed there until Luhan finally moved.

Luhan sat up from his seat making her do the same. He looked at her and she did the same. For a few seconds they stared at each other searching for each other’s eyes for answers for their questions.

“Are you okay?” Youngmi asked. He nodded in response but stayed quiet.

Youngmi reached his hands that were in his desk and held it with hers while looking straight at him.

“Come on. Tell me what’s wrong, as a friend I want to help. So please do tell me what’s wrong,” she said. Her grasp on his hand got tighter.

“There is nothing wrong, I’m just thinking about things,” he told her.

“Are you sure?” Youngmi asked. He nodded and gave her his awesome flashy smile.

Luhan then ungrasped his hands away from her causing her to flinch at the sudden action. She became flustered and quickly placed her hands back to her lap.

“By the way, where were you yesterday? I didn’t see you at all. I got worried,” Youngmi said scratching the back of her ear.

“I was in my room doing stuff,” he replied plainly.

“What kind of stuff?” she questioned.

“Nothing really.”

“Are you sure? Youngmi had a hint of playfulness in her words.

“Yes.”

“Are you sure?” She had a smirk on.

“Yes I’m sure. I think I know what I did yesterday so can you just lay off please?” Luhan said with force behind his words.

“Fine…” she mumbled while looking down feeling that she stepped too far again.

Youngmi fiddled with her hand on her lap and was afraid of looking up at him until Luhan grabbed her hand so she looked up.

Luhan sighed and looked back at her and said,” I’m sorry, I’m just a bit of a problem and I had to do something and it took all my time yesterday and it has been occupying me the whole day yesterday. I’m sorry.”

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t know.” Youngmi stood up from her seat and closed the distance between them in a hug.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

“Where have you been?” Hoya asked while looking at Myungsoo with a raised brow.

“Somewhere,” Myungsoo replied sitting down next to Hoya and Sunggyu.

“Yeah Myung, we haven’t seen you as much now. What have you been up to? We feel like you found someone better than us..” Sunggyu said acting sad.

Myungsoo waved his hands in front of their faces and shook his head. He said, “It’s my dad, the marriage thing is being a to me.” Myungsoo lied. He knew that the marriage thing was under control. Luhan and Youngmi has been occupying him and hasn’t had time for his gang.

“So have you found anyone interesting to be your soon-to-be-wife?” Dongwoo asked, smirking.

Myungsoo shook his head in disappointment. Don’t get him wrong, he doesn’t want to be married but he just wanted it to end quickly.

Hoya s one of his arm around Myungsoo and have him a gentle shake that said it’s-going-to-be-fine which kind of reassured Myungsoo. He smiled at Hoya after the nice gesture.

The four then started eating in silence and kept to themselves; Dongwoo eating while looking at textbooks, Sunggyu biting his apple while reading a book, Hoya cleaning up his spot and started texting and Myungsoo who just ate in silence until he spoke up.

“Have you guys seen Sungjong?” he asked while he played with his salad fork.

“Right…. I think he went and bought food outside of school with Sungyeol and Woohyun. They’ll be back soon,” Hoya spoke. The other two nodded and smiled.

“Okay then.” Myungsoo said nodding slowly.

Ten minutes they waited until the three came with faces full of glee. Sungyeol was first to emerge from the crowd then Woohyun was behind him then Sungjong was behind them.

When Sungjong scanned their table he saw Myungsoo and froze on his spot. He slowly walked up to the table and luckily enough the only seat in their table was the one right across Myungsoo. Woohoo.

Sungjong slowly slid down to his seat and ate his food quietly while the others chatted amongst themselves.

Sungjong then finally felt something or rather someone kicking him under the table. He looked up and found Myungsoo smiling at him. He smiled back awkwardly and went back to eating.

Sungjong then felt another kick under the table and shot Myungsoo a look but he was met with Myungsoo giving him a cheeky smile. How could Sungjong be mad at Myungsoo? It lasted for a like a second then it went away.

Myungsoo then suddenly stood up and went towards Sungjong who had his eyes double in size. Myungsoo grabbed his wrist and pulled him up and ran away out of his friend’s eye sight while yelling, “I have to borrow Sungjong for a few minutes!”

The other laughed and waved.

Myungsoo and Sungjong finally arrived outside while they both panted wanting for their breathing to come back to normal.

Sungjong then quickly pulled his hands away from Myungsoo causing Myungsoo to look at him confused.

“Is there anything wrong?” Myungsoo asked walking closer to Sungjong but he retreated.

“Nothing..”

“Come on, tell me the truth.”

“I just – Sungjong sighed – I kind of missed you since you’ve been occupied and I thought you were leaving us.”

Myungsoo laughed. Sungjong looked at him.

“Is that it?”

Sungjong nodded looking down.

“Don’t worry, I won’t forget you guys. I would never ever leave you guys! You guys are my life.” Myungsoo walked up to Sungjong and pulled him in a hug.

Sungjong immediately froze up and stood there awkwardly.

“To make up to you I’ll clear all my appointments for tonight just to be with you. Would you like that?” Myungsoo asked pulling away a bit. Sungjong nodded down hiding his growing blush.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

“Have you seen Myungsoo?” Luhan asked Youngmi as they both left the school building.

The day ended and Youngmi and Luhan are on the way home after a long and tiring day of school.

“He told me that he has a date with Sungjong. Apparently Sungjong has been missing him so they went on this date. He of course said it wasn’t a date but I think it is,” Youngmi said.

“Right.” Luhan nodded.

“So do you mind telling me about your problem?” Youngmi asked.

“What problem?”

“You know the problem from yesterday. The one that got you really occupied.”

“Right… that one… well I think it’s better to show you than tell you.”

“What is it? Is it a girl? Is it a boy?”– Youngmi had an evil smirk on her face – “Is it a pet? Please let it be a pet…”

“It’s not a pet. I can assure you that,” Luhan said.

“Oh,” Youngmi sadly said.

“Just wait.”

“Fine. I can’t wait.” Youngmi jumped in glee. Just a little one though.

They finally arrived at the dorms and Youngmi was about to just run inside and look for Luhans surprise.

As Luhan placed his hand on Bomi’s doorknob he heard a loud crash coming from inside and he quickly turned it and ran inside. He instantly knew who it was.

“LUXIN!” he yelled.

“Thank god you’re back!” Bomi yelled from inside the kitchen.

Luhan ears perked up and he quickly headed inside the kitchen with Youngmi tailing behind confused.

“Thank god!” Bomi ran towards Luhan and clutched his arms in fear.

“Luxin! Come here right now!” Luhan instructed with a stern voice that shocked Youngmi since she hasn’t heard him speak like that.

After a few seconds a small boy of five or six emerged from under the table. Youngmi furrowed her eye brows and pointed at him. Luxin then poked his tongue at her and she did the same.

“Luhan who is he?” Youngmi asked still pointing at Luxin.

Luhan sighed.

“Youngmi meet my brother Luxin, Luxin meet my friend Youngmi.” Luhan introduced them to each other.

“So this was your problem yesterday?” Youngmi asked Luhan.

He nodded.

“Luxin, say hello to Youngmi noona,” Luhan said smiling at his little brother.

Luxin looked at Luhan then to Youngmi and his lips started quivering and his eyes started getting wet. It looked like he was going to cry and he did.

Luxin started crying and Luhan immediately picked him up and soothed him down.

“Don’t be shy; just say hi to Youngmi noona. She’s really nice,” Luhan suggested.

Youngmi smiled at him and handed out her hands for a shake of hands but was rejected by a raspberry.

“Luxin, I told you to be nice. Now shake your noonas hand.” Luhan put him down but Luxin kept clinging to Luhans leg.

“Sorry,” Luhan mumbled to Bomi.

“Don’t worry about it, he was getting restless and I didn’t have time to take him outside so he went crazy.” Bomi knelt down to Luxins height and pinched his cheeks and gave him a smile.

Bomi then stood up and started cleaning up the room.

“Bomi noona, thank you again. We will be right back after I change him. Okay?” Luhan said.

“Sure, I’ll start dinner soon so take your time.” Bomi waved them goodbye.

Luhan held Luxins hand and they headed back to his room with Youngmi just behind them watching their moves.

“When did he arrive yesterday?” she questioned.

“About five in the morning when you were sound asleep.”

“Why is he here?”

“He wanted to visit so he came here. Don’t worry he’ll be going home tomorrow.”

“Right.”

They arrived in front of each other’s rooms and they bid each other goodbye.

“Bye.” Luhan waved.

“Bye.” Youngmi waved.

“Luxin, say bye,” Luhan said.

Luxin then waved to Youngmi then hid behind Luhan.

Youngmi went inside her room and so did Luhan and Luxin. Once inside Luhan headed to the bathroom to heat the bath for his little brother who followed him there.

“Hyung, is that the girl you like?” Luxin boldly asked.

Luhan was taken back. His body stiffened and it seemed like his body was perspiring too much and felt like he was being drenched by a waterfall.

“Ahahaha-ha..ha…ha… no..” Luhan awkwardly replied.

“But you said she’s the girl that lived across from you,” Luxin said again.

“Hahaha, you’re funny aren’t you? NOW SHUSH!” Luhan commanded as he started chasing Luxin around his apartment.

 

 



 

Authors Note:

I hope you like this chapter. Sorry if it's late or it took a long time. I've been busy with school so sorry. It is unedited yet again like the last chapter since of school but I will edit it when I have time.

Do comment if you like. It would make me really happy. Thank you.

You also don't have to answer the questions of the day.

 

*Question of the Day*

I was going to leave this out for this chapter but I really wanted to ask you something.

Do you read a lot? If you do then what is your favourite book?

Mine would be "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green. It is AMAZING! I could have cried but I was in the train reading it so I couldn't.