~Chapter 36~

HOW TO SURVIVE HIGH SCHOOL with Luhan

Just A Little Bit - Urban Zakapa

 



 

Authors POV

 

After being away for a few days, Luhan finally came back to the dorms. He has finished what he has set out to do which was to find who the person behind the notes was and he couldn't wait to tell Youngmi and to kiss her again. You must be scrambling your mind why he would kiss Youngmi but think back to their bet. Luhan found out what Youngmi's problem was and he didn't get his kiss yet. The other kiss was just for his pleasure, not in the dirty way.

It was a Thursday when Luhan actually made his arrival known at school and in front of Youngmi after days of being away without notice. He kept his cool when he saw her that morning in class but she didn't. Her expression lit up when she saw him appear from the door of their classroom. Luckily, no one was there to see it. Youngmi was early at school like always.

Youngmi jumped up and down on her chair, if that was possible, and the smile she had on her face radiated so far that one student from downstairs actually felt something weird coming from somewhere.

"Hey there, y." Luhan waved to her as he leaned on the frame of the door. He had his, oh-so-ever handsome smile while he watched Youngmi some creepy jumping thing on her seat. She was a bit enthusiastic.

Luhan strode towards his seat and Youngmi unexpectedly enveloped her arms around him as he neared his chair. He embraced her back and it was only after three minutes that Youngmi finally let him go. She was breathing heavily like she ran a mile but she had a smile on her face.

"Hey Youngie..." Luhan said. He had something in mind and he couldn't wait to tell her. She raised a brow and cautioned herself for something to happen.

"Do you remember our bet?" She nodded still cautious.

"Well I still didn't get my kiss that was promised," he finally told her. Her eyes widened in surprise and closed up and she couldn't get any noises to come out.

By the way she reacted, Luhan knew she remembered it. "I'm waiting." He tapped his puckered lips and winked at her causing her to blush.

"Wait! In the agreement you clearly said that you have to find out what I was stressed about but you haven't said anything about it meaning... no kiss for you." Youngmi felt like she had the upper hand on the situation but she didn't. Luhan knew that she was going to protest so of course he had to tell her but he didn't want to.

"Fine, since you really want proof then I'll tell you," he started. "You see I had a bit of eavesdropping moments during last week and it paid off magnificently. Do you remember that one time during lunch where you and Myungsoo had a get together in our spot?" She nodded. "Well, I overheard you talking about the best thing in the whole world - well actually the worst thing in your case but best for mine since I get to kiss you."

Youngmi sighed still not getting where her little friend was going. "Luhan! Just tell me." Her annoyance was decreasing by the second.

"Can't you wait? Geez!" he said. Luhans intake of air was more than usual since he had to say a lot of words. "You, Kim Youngmi had been getting notes from some stupid stranger -that needs to get punched in the face by the way- and has been threatening you and you completely feel like breaking down but you don't because you think it would worry Myungsoo and I and also your sister," he said in one gasp of air. He had to do it quickly and the words came out really fast but Youngmi heard every word he said. And he was absolutely right, everything he said was true.

Just the thought of it all got Youngmi to get depressed again and even standing up was taking its toll on her. She moved to her desk and sat down without the cheerfulness she had when Luhan came into the room. Her stomach turned and rolled like washing machine. The circular motions making her feel sick.

Luhan was quick to her rescue and pulled up his chair and sat on it in front of her. He took hold both of her hands into his and squeezed it a little. "Look at me," he told her and she slowly looked up with tears b on the corner of her eyes. "It's going to be fine. Trust me, okay? You're going to be fine."

"How can I be fine when I get notes every day telling me I'm nothing? At first I thought I could just ignore all the hate but now I’m starting to believe all of it.” Youngmi choked on her tears as it poured down but she wanted to go on.

Luhan propped forward and embraced her tightly. "You're amazing, okay? You are the most amazing person I have ever met and you have to stop putting yourself down." She buried her face on his chest and clutched onto his forearm. "You don't even know how amazing you are, how you're the only person who can make me smile by just watching you eat and no one has ever made me smile when eating. So you, Kim Youngmi, have to get that in your amazing, beautiful head. Got it?" She nodded and smiled, the tears finally stopped.

Luhan kept her close trying to make her feel secure around him and when he heard her stop sobbing after a few minutes he let his hands slowly move to his sides. Youngmi did the same and wiped her wet cheeks with the back of her hands, she let out a chuckle and a smile to reassured Luhan that she was fine.

"Is the chance to get a kiss still in place... or not?" Luhan really wanted a kiss. After a few days without seeing Youngmi really took its toll and he was really looking forward to it.

"Yah!" Youngmi shot him a glare after making such an irrelevant question at a very inappropriate time.

"Is that a no?" he tried again which earned him a great big smack across the head. He rubbed the sore spot and Youngmi chuckled at his cute expression.

 

 

*****

 

 

During lunch, Youngmi and Luhan decided to eat at their spot behind the school after such a long time of apart from each other. They moved cautiously towards the long grass, slowly and quietly, to rid themselves of any detection. Luhan was in front while Youngmi followed behind trying not to make too much noise. Luhan and Youngmi emerged from the tall grass and were surprised to see Myungsoo waiting for them under the shelter.

"I see you finally decided to join me Youngmi," he said. "And Luhan?" He was surprised to see the latter after such a long period of time. He didn’t have the same expression as Youngmi did but he was kind of glad to see him again but not as excited and spazzy like her. And it also meant that he won’t be able to spend more time with her.

"Myungsoo." Luhan nodded and smiled.

"It’s Thursday today, why are you here? I thought Thursdays is Infinite time. What sorcery is this?" Youngmi looked comically shocked with her hand clamped over .

"It's important so can I talk to you privately please? It's about you know what." Myungsoo tried saying the last bit quietly but Luhan could read his mouth.

"Yeah... I have to tell you something about that," she said sounding a bit uncertain. She waddled towards Myungsoo while biting her lip.

She her lips to start what she wanted to say. "Luhan knows everything and he might be able to help us," she said. Youngmi stood in front of Myungsoo waiting for his reaction, anything to just take the weight that was hanging on her shoulder off.

Myungsoo sat motionless on his seat, his expression unreadable and it scared Youngmi. She didn't know why it scared her but it did. Myungsoo was like this leader type figure in her life and being shy towards any person with high authority, Youngmi was always afraid to say anything to them.

For example, when Youngmi was in 3rd grade she was held back to stay in her classroom for unknown reasons, the teacher wanted to talk to her and when he was explaining something to Youngmi she got so nervous that she burst out crying thinking that she was in trouble which she wasn't. Her mid would just think of bad situation and that situation would have branches linking itself with other really bad situations and then it would always go back to that one incident.

"So is that why you've been away for the past few days? You've been trying to find out who it was right?" Myungsoo looked at Luhan and Youngmi just furrowed her eye brows at the two boys. She couldn't understand what the looks that they gave each other was.

"Correct."

"What? I don't know what's happening," she abruptly said. She turns to Myungsoo. "So you knew why Luhan was gone but you didn't tell me?"

"No, I didn't truly know where Luhan was while he was gone but a few days ago someone hacked the school mainframe before I could and looked at all the video footage from the hidden security cameras around school. And also, the people who got the note told me that someone had already talked to them before us but whoever it was told them to keep it a secret." Myungsoo his lips and went on. "At first I had no idea who it was but then everyone said the exact same thing 'He had a goofy smile on' and then I started getting some ideas of who it was. So a couple of minutes ago I just had to link everything together and add the goofy smile and you get Luhan. Correct?" He nods at Luhan.

Luhan chuckled and applauded. "Is my smile really that goofy? Damn it!" he joked. He inhaled and exhaled to calmed himself down. "Yes that was all me but my little adventure was very helpful though. I do know that whoever this person is that it's a girl."

Youngmi stayed quiet and was too preoccupied with her thoughts. So it was a girl. Before she would always think that the notes came from a girl because of the oppa thing but she would have thought of the sender being a guy because of how manly the notes sounded. Now she knows its a girl but who? There are practically a million girls wanting to have Myungsoo, they all had motives to do it: they wanted Myungsoo.

"So you saw her?" Myungsoo asked while Luhan walked towards him and sat on the spot next to him, both eyeing Youngmi.

"Do you know why she -whoever this is- doing this? She obviously wants you but do you know anyone who would go crazy just for you. Don't even say that everyone does because this is important." Luhan was serious, very serious. Luhan was quiet with all what he said.

"Why would I joke about this matter? Youngmi is clearly scared of thi-this girl! Why would I even do that if I lik-" Myungsoo stopped before he could go on and Luhan wanted to hear what he had to say but he ask any more questions. Then, the awkwardness thickened around them than it already was. The feeling of suffocation was near and luckily, Youngmi spoke which made everyone breathe normally.

"So did you see her face? Do you guys know who it is? Is she tall? Is she short? Does she have black hair? Red? Pink? TELL ME!" Both boys remained silent and looked at their feet.

Youngmi was going hysterical. Everything was too much for her. She was on the brink of insanity and the crazies was just around the corner. She could hear a voice in her head that fed her thoughts of the past, the past that she wanted to forget. The voice pounded in her head and it was making her head hurt. The pounding got louder and louder, the voices muffled Luhans and Myungsoos yells as she broke down in tears. She slid down to the floor, covering her ears.

"Youngmi!" Both of them cried out as they ran to her. Pure shock was clearly evident on their faces.

"What's wrong with her?" Myungsoo asked. Youngmi shook uncontrollably as she intently covered her ears like she was trying to block a noise, a never ending noise. Her tears were just like a waterfall, showing no signs of ending. The tears moved in strong waves, wave after wave full of emotion and feeling.

Youngmi tried opening her eyes but blackness was the only thing she could see, nothing but black. Dull and motionless. Full of hatred and venom. She was surrounded, trapped in her emotions and there was no way out. No crack that she could go through, or no light that would lead her out but it was just all dark and black. She felt exposed and bare like someone was watching her every move. She felt and insecure of being where she was. For what appeared like eternity she then heard a voice, one faint voice that could penetrate the wall and reach her. The one person who she needed the most in her most vulnerable times but the voice seemed to grow fainter and fainter.

“YOUNGMI!”

Her name echoed in her dark surroundings, it was like mocking her.

“YOUNGMI!” There it was again, the never ending voice of Luhan. How melodious it was to her ears.

 

 



 

Tried to Walk - B1A4



 

“Luhan? Please help me. Please help me.” Her uncontrollable sobs wasn’t stopping. At that moment she felt so small she could just die but hearing Luhans voice made her want to go on so she did. She listened to his voice, pinpointing where it was coming from and when she did, she moved towards it, crawling in the dark.

“Youngmi, can you hear me?” Yes she could but faintly.

And finally, after what seemed like hundreds of years of crawling, listening to his faint voice, Youngmi finally saw a light. A little spot of light in a sea of darkness was what she wanted. Anything that could be of help and Luhans voice came from there.

Youngmi then ceased crying and crawled to the light. As she crawled towards the light it grew bigger and bigger until it was the only thing she could see. The light blinded Youngmi and forced herself to shut her eyes. The darkness was gone and Luhans face emerged as she opened her eyes. His worried face was the first thing she could grasp as she blinked open her eyes adjusting to the bright colours of her surroundings. She brushed his right cheek with the back of her fingers and instantly surged forward towards him and latched onto his neck tightly. She buried her face on his shoulder as Luhan held her, crying.

“Are you okay?” Luhan said slowly but clearly. She shook her head and pressed further into his shoulder.

While both of them were having their little moment, Myungsoo was left alone in his own world watching the girl he liked in the arms of one of his friends. It hurt but he could deal with his feeling later, Youngmi was still the first one on his list and he had to know what was happening. Myungsoo wanted to speak. He opened his mouth to talk but it was left hanging there as the words were stuck in his throat. He wanted to talk but his body wouldn’t let him like it had its own mind and controlled itself.

“Let’s go home, okay?” Youngmi nodded but her tears wouldn’t stop.

“Take my car.” Myungsoo finally said something. He said something even though he had to will himself to do it.

Luhan picked her up from their position, cradling her in his arms. Myungsoo lead the way and Luhan followed, through the thick grass and to the hallways of the school. As they made their way to the entrance the bell rang and everyone soon came out to the hallways. It was like the world stopped around the three of them, everyone just looked and stared quietly letting the three pass. What was happening? It looked serious to the other students but Myungsoo and Luhan couldn’t care less about them. Youngmi was both their priority and she need to get home.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

"What's wrong with her? Is she going to be all right? Is she sick?" Myungsoo was getting frantic. After they arrived back in the dorms, Youngmi was knocked unconscious and it had been 4 hours and she still hasn't woken up. Luhan and Myungsoo stayed by her side the whole time, waiting quietly. Luhan was just looking at his foot as he leaned on the wall near the Bomi's bed where Youngmi was resting on staying quiet and letting Myungsoo do all the talking.

"Answer me will you? It's not fun talking to myself when I need answers and you clearly know what happened. So spill it, now!" Myungsoo was still pacing around the room. Luhan looked up and met gases with the man that stood curiously in front of him.

Luhan could see anger and frustration in his eyes but there was something else, plea was evident in his eyes but it was hidden behind his other emotions. "Please?" Myungsoo sighed like he was defeated. Luhan turned his gaze to the girl on the bed and back to the guy in front of him. He his lips and in air to start explaining.

"I don't know the whole story but I'll tell you everything I know." Myungsoo quickly agreed. "Before, when Youngmi would always get worried and scared she would go in this panic attack trance thing where she would just shut everything out. Her attacks are usually end quickly but I think it's gotten worse today. She usually comes back to normal after a few minutes but its already been five hours. I don't know what's happening." Luhan breathed heavily and staggered towards a seat next to the bed. He looked at Youngmi again before continuing.

"What about Bomi noona? Have you talked to get about it? Has Youngmi mentioned anything about this?" Myungsoo asked.

"If she told me something about it then I would have already done something to help her but I clearly haven't done anything have I?" He too was getting infuriated, Luhan felt like Myungsoo was thinking that it was his fault that this happened to her.

"Hey! Don't get angry at me, okay? I'm here because I care about Youngmi and her well-being." Luhan looked away feeling a bit guilty. "I'm the one here who is clueless about everything so don't start getting annoyed with me if I keep asking questions." He sighed. "I just want her to be happy and be that girl with no worries like before. I just wanted her to be-"

"To be what?" Luhan questioned under his breath. "To be what Myungsoo? You wanted her to be what? To be yours? Right? You wanted her to be yours, am I right?"

Myungsoo was silent, mouth gaped open like he wanted to say something. It took his a few minutes to finally do something and the tension was already high. He looked at Youngmi then to Luhan.

"So what if do? Is that wrong to want someone you like in your life? Huh? Yes, Luhan I like Youngmi. Are you happy now? There is nothing wrong with liking someone right? You like her too so you should know how I feel.." Luhan wanted to say something but the tables was turned; now he was the one who couldn't speak. His mouth open but no words were flowing.

"I know how you look at her. I'm told I have the same look.”

“So what? What if I like her? What are you going to do about it?”

Silence overcame both of them. Luhan looking at Youngmi while Myungsoo looking away from Luhan.

“I’m not going to give up. I’ll fight for her,” Myungsoo abruptly said making Luhan look at him. Luhan smirked.

“Who said you weren’t?”

 



Authors Note:

Hey guys... /quickly hides..

I am so sorry for the long wait.. I've been procrastinating like a and I really wanted to add more but I think it's too long and I promise that in the next chapter you will know who it is. I will give you a hint. It's a girl but twists people, a lot of twists.

I really am so sorry for the long wait and I wish you won't hate me.. I guess I've been very low on ideas so please do help me. Give lots of ideas through the comments and such because I really love you guys.. Like a lot. Like a lot a lot. You don't even know. 

I might also take a break after the next chapter just rereading everything because I want to chagne some things and I just started reading my fic for the first time and I can't believe I'm laughing at my writing.. this story is funny.. LOL...

 

*Question/s of the Day*

Who do you think it is now? I already said it is a girl but which one? She already appeared on the other chapters.. like twice so think!

Do you hate me for such a long wait? I bet you do.. I hate myself too.. :'(

Comment to answer below <3