~Chapter 19~

HOW TO SURVIVE HIGH SCHOOL with Luhan

Lonely - 2NE1

 



 

Authors POV

 

Youngmi was taken back like way way back. She knew that he would say something random at random times like most of the times when she hangs out with him but that was too random for her liking.

She paused for a moment thinking what she should do. She was contemplating with herself. If she says yes then she would let Luhan – who is the creepiest retard in the whole world – kiss her on the lips and if she says no then she would have to wait for eternity to have someone kiss her on the lips, cheeks even.

Youngmi was conscious of her outer appearance. She thought she wasn’t good enough for anyone. It would be a miracle for someone to actually like her. Like every girl she has insecurities, yes, including Youngmi.

 She also had to take consideration that they were friends, and the kiss might make things awkward for both of them, mostly for her since she wasn’t the one who asked for the kiss.

Should she say yes or no?

Luhan loosened his grip on Youngmis legs and let her slip down carefully. She unwrapped her arm around him and stood there quietly still thinking of what she might do.

Youngmi looked at her feet; she wriggled her toes inside her shoes and thought about her options. Yes or no? Yes or no? Yes or no?

Luhan turned his body towards her. He smiled at her. He waited for her to answer, he waited. That was the only thing he could do. He waited for her answer.

Youngmi could feel his eyes staring at her. Finally she had the answer.

She looked up at him breathing quite heavily through her nose. She saw that smile, that reassuring smile that he always had.

“Luhan?” she said staring at his dark brown orbs.

“Hmmm?” he replied, he tilted his head to the side.

“Yes,” she said.

Youngmi could feel her heart thump, her heart pumping blood at an unusual rate like she had been running and just came to a stop. She could feel her ear getting hot and her face doing the same, she felt hot.

Her heart kept thumping. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. It wouldn’t stop. She wanted it to stop, she wanted to calm down but it was her first kiss that she can’t take back.

Youngmi watched his face as he suddenly grasped her shoulders in a comfortable grip. It made her tense; she was like a frozen block of ice.

Luhan looked intently at her eyes; she did the same but with fear in her eyes. He smiled again and leant forward slowly. It was too slow for her liking. Slower and slower his face was nearer her face by every second. Her heart beat hundredth fold and she felt her lungs working twice as hard just to try to keep her breathing to normal.

Youngmi closed her eyes as soon as she could feel his breathing on her skin. It sent hairs on the back of her neck to stand up. She waited and waited and waited until she felt his lips.

Luhan stopped when his nose was about to touch hers. He looked at her face, her closed eyes that anticipated it, that quivered of anticipation and her furrowed eye brows.

He smiled and moved his head to the side. Keeping that smile he pouted just a tiny bit and kissed her.

Youngmi felt it, his lips. She felt his kiss on her cheek?

Luhan kissed on the cheek. He moved his head so he would be able to whisper to her.

“You should wait for that one person that you truly love to capture your lips,” he whispered to her. He pulled away and let go or her shoulders.

Youngmi opened her eyes after he let go of her. She found him smiling at her with his hands behind his back rocking back and forth on his ball and heel.

“Bye!” he said before running inside while laughing.

Youngmi could feel her blood rush to her face, she was full of anger and fury. She made a fool of herself for doing that. She clenched her hands into fists. Her fists itching to pound him into a pulp and make him pay for what he has done.

But her anger went away as soon as she replayed what he whispered to her “You should wait for that one person that you truly love to capture your lips”.

She replayed it in her head a million times. Just the thought of it made her sad. How could she find someone she truly loves when no one would even take a look at her even once?

She unclasped her fists and let her shoulders flop down as she walked slowly inside with the tingling feeling of his lips still on her cheek, she still felt it.

Youngmi walked inside her sister’s house and found Luhan sprawled across the couch with the remote in hand flipping through the channels looking uninterested.

She moved past him and entered the kitchen. She looked for her sister but she wasn’t there.

“Hey, have you seen unnie?” Youngmi asked walking back inside the living room.

“She flew away,” he said sarcastically then chuckled at his joke.

She rolled her eyes and looked all serious – she had her hands on her hips and looked at him frowning – and gave a sigh.

“Seriously, where is she?” she asked again.

“She left a note that said that she had business to do with that Kim Myungsoo prick,” he told her. He looked uninterested.

“Why? She hasn’t even made dinner and it’s” – she looked at the clock – “7 o’clock,” Youngmi whined.

“Why don’t you cook?” Luhan asked looking up at her.

“I can’t cook to save my life,” she replied looking sad.

Youngmi was great at eating – she really was, she can eat anything – but she cannot cook to save her life, she would burn the whole house and bring chaos throughout the whole land of South Korea. Even boiling water with a kettle was a disaster – she somehow set fire to it one time – and ever since she has been afraid of being near kettles and boiling water.

“Well what do you have?” Luhan asked sitting up on the couch.

“Wait,” – she scratched her head and ran inside the kitchen, she opened the pantry door and looked at what was inside – “we have pasta sauce and pasta noodles?” she shouted.

Luhan got up from his seat and headed to the kitchen. “Do you want to have pasta then?” he asked walking towards her. She nodded in response and collected all the ingredients in her arms.

“What do I do now?” she asked looking back at him who already started preparing.

“Bring it here and grab a pot and boil water,” he told her while he cut the onions then the garlic.

Youngmi did what she was told; she placed all of it on the counter and frantically grabbed a pot and filled it with water about three quarters and placed it over the stove and added the noddles and salt for taste.

“What else?” she asked looking very excited. It was her first time cooking and nothing bad was happening yet.

“Go grab some crackers in the pantry” – she then quickly grabbed some – “then go to the living room and wait till I’m done,” Luhan said cutting some ham on the chopping board.

Youngmi nodded with a smile on her face, she was so excited. As soon as she stepped towards the living room she finally realised what he said. Frowning she looked at him.

“What?” she asked asking if what she heard was right.

“Go and laze around until I finish making it,” he said without looking at her.

“But I want to help,” she whined stomping her feet a bit.

“I think it’s best to let you stay put. I promise I’ll let you cook one day,” he told her with a smile. That reassured her and she nodded.

“Can I watch you cook? I want to know what to do,” she asked sitting down on the counter island and ate crackers watching intently.

Luhan nodded and proceeded doing his work.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

Youngmi sat on the edge of her seat anticipating the masterpiece that Luhan cooked. It smelt great from where she was; she bet that it tasted as equally the same.

Luhan quickly ran towards the table with the platter on his hand with a giant smile on his face.

“Here is the masterpiece!” he announced sounding very proud and sure of himself. He placed it on the table and sat down in front of Youngmi who drooled over the pasta.

“Dig in,” he said having a helpful of the yummy looking pasta.

Youngmi didn’t have to be told twice, she quickly did what she was told. She piled the pasta on top of each other until it looked like it would topple over. She looked at it with a killing intent in her eyes and quickly grabbed her fork. She attacked it and placed it on but before she could bite into it someone had to interfere.

“I’M BACK!” Bomi announced as she arrived inside her abode.

Youngmi rolled her eyed and looked at the direction of the living room with the fork in – she still hasn’t chewed the pasta – with open.

“Welcome back,” Luhan said.

Bomi entered the kitchen with a person behind her. It was Kim Myungsoo. Why would he be there?

Youngmi finally took her fork out of and chewed her food but was frowning at Myungsoo who seemed so little behind her sister.

“Waaah, it smells great!” Bomi said walking towards the table then sat down on a chair. She grabbed a plate and placed helpful of pasta on it. She took a bite of it and her face seemed to light up at how delicious it was.

She took another bite until she remembered Myungsoo. She looked up at him and gestured him to sit down next to Youngmi who just kept eating but was eyeing him.

He sat down but shifted his eyes between Youngmi and to Luhan then to Bomi.

Finally, Youngmi said, “Why is he here?” She pointed at him with her fork.

“Oh him, well he wanted to live here now so I had to do some paperwork and blah blah blah,” she said without looking at Youngmi.

“Where is he going to sleep then?” Youngmi asked watching Myungsoo eat beside her.

“Didn’t I tell you we had a spare room? That kid left so we have a spare room,” Bomi said.

“What?” she screamed. “So you’re telling me that we had a spare room yet you made Luhan sleep in my room?!”

“Yep,” Bomi replied.

“I guess I’ve been a bad roommate then,” Luhan joked while sobbing in his hands.

“Shut up,” she said kicking him under the table.

“Please, I know you like Luhan being your roommate,” Bomi said wiggling her eye brows.

Youngmi stuck out her tongue at Bomi playfully and kept eating whilst giving Luhan glares but with a small smile.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

Myungsoo woke up from the loud pounding from the front door. He hated mornings – like Youngmi – and hated getting woken up if he didn’t have enough time to sleep which he didn’t get yesterday because of some girl who wouldn’t shut up.

Do mind you that Youngmis room was just next to Myungsoos room and it was just a wall between them that separated each other.

Myungsoo had to go through all her blabbing about Luhan wanting to sleep next to her for the night like the first night and about Youngmi wanting Luhan to stop staring at her when she closes her eyes and about Luhan who wouldn’t stop talking about some things that was irrelevant when she needed some shut eye.

He sat up from his bed and looked around his room. Finally he’s alone without anyone telling him what to do. He smiled but it quickly went away after a loud pounding at the door.

Myungsoo stood up and walked to the door and opened it and was greeted by Youngmi and Luhan.

“Howdy neighbour” Luhan greeted with a smile. He waited for Youngmi to greet him but she didn’t say anything. He nudged her on the rib and told her to greet him.

“Hi,” she said looking unenthusiastic.

“Ermh hi,” Myungsoo said awkwardly after the events of what happened at Lotte Worlds came back to him. He looked at Youngmi who was kicking Luhan and he did the same.

An awkward silence engulfed the three of them. They stood awkwardly shifting theirs eyes from each other.  It was like they were thinking the same thing – the incident in Lotte World – and they were just waiting for a brave soul to say something – anything – to break the awkwardness.

“Uhh, you should get dressed. It’s about time to go to school and also come down when you want you’re breakfast,” Youngmi said finally saying something.

Myungsoo nodded and bowed 90 degrees to them and waited for them to leave, he stayed in that position until they finally left after not knowing what to say or do.

“Bye!” Luhan waved before leaving Myungsoos sight. He got back inside his room and changed into his uniform.

Myungsoo was about to leave the dorms by himself but was stopped by Luhan as soon as he stepped into the pavements.

“Hey Myungsoo, where are you going?” Luhan asked jogging up to him.

“Going to school,” he replied.

“Why? Why don’t you come with us, Youngmi is just putting on her shoes,” Luhan said.

Youngmi then magically came out running towards both of them.

Myungsoo could feel the sweat slide down from his forehead to his neck; the guilt was eating him up inside and it he had to let it out.

“I’m sorry Youngmi shii.” Myungsoo bowed.

“Is it about the Lotte World incident? Don’t worry about that, I forgot about that so don’t worry about it. At first I wanted to kill you but now I know you’re secret I won’t hold grudges,” Youngmi said. She winked at him before walking towards LOEN P.A.H.S.

“What secret?” Luhan and Myungsoo said at the same time.

“That Kim Myungsoo, the son of the Kim is actually gay,” she said.

Myungsoos mouth dropped into the floor. Questions swirled around inside his head. He was dumbfounded.

“I am not!” Myungsoo retorted back looking quite angry.

“Please, I know gay when I see them.” Youngmi laughed.

Myungsoo and Luhan caught up to her and asked her questions. Myungsoo had a lot of them.

“Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone,” she said winking again.

“I AM NOT GAY!” Myungsoo yelled. His face flushed.

Youngmi and Luhan laughed at his reaction but still headed towards the school.

 

 



 

Authors Note:

Hey guys! I hope you liked it.

 

*Question/s of the Day*

Did you like the kiss? 

I know that it wasn't a real kiss but it was a kiss.

Kim Myungsoo is finally there! Do you think he's gay?

Comment below to answer.

 

Also THANK YOU SO SO MUCH to everyone who donated karka to me! I nearly won the bid but I lost to about 20 karma points which was disappointing but it was still a great experience. I will bid again in the future. THANK YOU TO ALL!!! Love you!