~Chapter 21~

HOW TO SURVIVE HIGH SCHOOL with Luhan

 

Peach - IU

 



 

Authors POV

 

Weeks passed and the three had been together all the time, inseperable even. Of course the rule still applied – for Myungsoo. Myungsoo still had to be a few meters away from Luhan and Youngmi.

They agreed that it would be best if Myungsoo would distance himself when they are in public – mostly at school – but at home they stayed together like three peas in a pod unless Myungsoo had to leave to hang out with his gang.

It was a Friday night. The three of them wanted to stay up late and agreed that they would have a movie marathon. They had already planned it from the start of the week but unfortunately Myungsoo had matters to be taken care of – Infinite – and also the arrange marriage shenanigan.

As night engulfed Seoul, Youngmi and Luhan made their accommodation as comfortable as possible. They redesigned and made Bomi’s living room into their fort, fort for adolescents who think and act like 5 year olds.

Who would blame her? She finally has friends and she could do what she liked to do. Hang with friends and watch movies together, play pranks on each other, go shopping – dragging both of them to where she wants to go – and just have fun. She longed for those things for so long that she couldn’t help savor every moment of it, just being with Luhan and Myungsoo felt like a dream, like a fairy tale.

Youngmi and Luhan sprawled down the floor with a blanket and cushions splayed on the floor. They had a blanket on top of them like a roof and made the couches seem like they were the wall of their little make believe house. The snacks and the drinks were on one side of the fort on top of a table and some blankets and pillows on another side if they ever needed to use it.

The room was dark and the only source of light was from the TV. Luhan was lying on the cushions using some of the pillows and stacking them to help him get a nice view of the TV while Youngmi sat down next to him resting on the couch with a pillow between her and the couch for comfort. Between them they had a bowl of crackers and some dip. They were enjoying their little get together.

They were watching a Harry Potter marathon. The first movie started and they have already eaten about half of everything. The making of the fort had apparently taken its toll on both of them and eating the snacks was inevitable, they looked too delicious to pass.

“I can’t believe that Harry Potter ended already,” Youngmi sighed. Her eyes widened in excitement as the first scene started.

Youngmi jittered on her seat and squealed a bit. Luhan looked at her and smiled at her cuteness and asked her about it: “You’re a fanatic aren’t you?”

She looked at him and poked out her tongue and snapped back to the TV.

“Well, it is the best movie franchise EVER! I mean come on, who doesn’t like Harry Potter?” She asked sounding proud.

Luhan shook his head with a smile on his face.

The movie has already started and now at the starting part where Harry is shown being mistreated by his uncle and aunt. That was the part where Youngmi wanted to strangle them.

“Don’t you feel like punching them on the face?” she commented while placing chips in without looking away from the television, her body leaning forward anticipating everything that was happening in the movie.

“Don’t you feel like that with me?” Luhan asked. He looked at her waiting for her answer but she just watched the movie in silence ignoring his question.

He poked her on her side and said, “Hey, I’m talking to you Ms. Kim Youngmi.”

Yet she stayed quiet. He kept doing it until he was practically jabbing her on the sides whilst laughing evilly at his work. She still stayed quiet.

“Hey,” he said. He sat up on his spot and crossed his leg in front of him scooting a bit next to her. He waited. He watched the movie on the TV screen but he still kept an eye on her. He said it again: “Hey.”

Finally she snapped.

“Shush!” she hissed looking at him with her fore finger touching her lips.

“I was asking you a question,” he replied.

“I heard you.”

“Then why weren’t you answering?”

“Because!” She pointed at the TV.

He gave her a look before going back to the TV.

As the night went on with a few more Harry Potter movie they finally stopped after their resources – mostly their snacks and drinks and also Youngmi had to occupy the restroom to satisfy her needs – have deteriorated into crumbs and empty cans.

Luhan entered the kitchen while Youngmi ran to the restroom and dispose of her problems. He restocked all their resources and headed back into the living room and waited for Youngmi to finish her lady business.

A few minutes passed and Youngmi was still AWOL and Luhan got irritated at his friend.

“Come on, I’m going to start the movie!” he hollered. He waited for a response but nothing came.

He thought that maybe she had to do ‘other’ things and waited again.

Seconds and minutes passed until she was gone for about 15 more minutes and Luhan finally got up from his position and headed to the restroom.

He knocked on the door and asked if she was there: “Hey, are you inside?”

Luhan could hear scuttling noises inside and was alarmed as soon as he heard a glass shattering noise coming inside the room.

“I know you’re in there. Let me in so I can help you,” he said clearly agitated from the lack of response coming from her.

“Don’t worry, go start without me. I’ll be out in a few.” Youngmi didn’t sound like she was sure of herself; her voice was shaking and a hint of nervousness was in the air.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, I’m sure.”

More scattering and noises were coming from the room and Luhan didn’t believe any words that she said. He waited outside the door unless something tragic happens and he wanted to be there if anything did happen.

“You are clearly not convincing me.” He placed his hands on his hips.

“Just go please?” Her voice was full of pleas.

“Just tell me if you’re safe.”

“I’m safe, just I’m in a bit of a problem that’s all.”

Luhan chuckle at her response and waited.

“Are you going to elaborate on that problem of yours?” Luhan asked.

“It’s girls stuff. You won’t know anything about it,” she replied.

Youngmi was behind the door too just like Luhan. They were talking to each other with a door in between them. The bathroom was a mess, everything was thrown around the floor and blobs of toothpaste were splattered along the tiles on the wall and on the floor.

“ELABORATE!”

“It’s the time of the month!” Youngmi snapped finally.

That stopped Luhan in his tracks. No words were coming out of his gaping mouth.

“Are you sure it’s the time?” Luhan asked. That was the only thin her could say. Is she sure that it was her time of the month? No comment.

“No Luhan, I am actually just pissing berry juice every once a month. It’s normal!” Youngmi yelled with fury.

It was the time of the month and Luhan greatly added to her anger and it showed.

“Really?”

“Of course not! What are you, stupid?”

“Yeah, of course not. What do you want me to do?”

“Go call unnie and ask where she hides her pads,” Youngmi said slowly calming down.

“Okay.”

Luhan then just dumbly stood there staring at the door.

“Luhan?” she asked. She could hear his breathing.

“Hmm?”

“NOW WOULD BE GOOD!” Youngmi screamed.

“Right….” Luhan took out his phone while entering the dark living room. He quickly called Bomi and waited for her to pick up. After a few seconds of the constant ringing she finally answered.

Bomi: “Hello?”

Luhan: “Hello, noona?”

Bomi: “What’s up?”

Luhan: “We have a problem….”

Bomi: “What is it? Is it Youngmi?

Luhan: “Yes, it’s Youngmi.”

Bomi: “Why doesn’t this surprise me?”

Bomi rolled her eyes at her sister and sighed.

Luhan: “Well, it’s her time of the month today and she doesn’t have any pads…”

Luhan felt the embarrassment creep up his face making it beetroot red.

Bomi: “Right, so what do you want me to do about it?”

Luhan: “She’s stuck inside the restroom at the moment and I think she destroyed everything inside looking for some pads but…”

Bomi: “She doesn’t have any….. Of course, well you can find it in the bathroom inside my room. It’s in one of the antique drawers next to the sink.”

Luhan: “Thank you!”

Bomi: “No problem, take care of her all right?”

Luhan: “Yes, ma’am.”

Luhan saluted and straightened his back before hanging up.

Luhan then quickly ran back to Youngmi to tell her the news.

“Have you found it?” Youngmi asked.

“Yes but it’s not with me at the moment,” Luhan answered.

Youngmi face palmed herself and groaned.

“Then why are you here? GO GET IT!” Youngmi barked from behind the door.

“Right!” Luhan sped off inside Bomis room and inside the bathroom.

He then found the drawers and looked inside the first one. He rummaged frantically around the first drawer then the second one then finally the third one where he hit the jackpot. He held one of them up and examined it quickly then looked back inside the drawer.

He then took another one and held it up with the other one in his hand. He examined both.

“Which one does she want?” He mumbled to himself.

Luhan then took another different looking one and held all three in his hands examining all of them, the different shapes, the different curves and bumps and the different wing things on the sides. He was scattering his brain for what they were supposed to do. He didn’t have a single idea what to give Youngmi, the ones with larger wings on the sides or the ones with the zigzags in the middle or the pads with bumps on them or the multicolored ones?

Luhan was confused. Too confused to pick just one of them so he pulled out the drawer and carried outside to Youngmi. With a smile on his face he knocked on the door.

“Did you get it?” Youngmi asked.

“Yep.”

Youngmi could hear the happiness seeping out from his voice. He seemed so proud of himself for doing such a minimal job of picking 1 single pad for a very very distressed damsel.

“Hand it to me,” she said. She opened the door a bit and let her hand out. She let it hang, she waiting for him to give the pad to her.

“Well?” she said waiting.

“Which one do you want?” he asked.

“What do you mean which one? Just give me one!”

“Well, there are the ones with the giant wings on the sides, there are also the ones with the zigzag ones in the middle, and there are the multicolored ones and the ones with the bumps.” Luhan looked inside the drawer and identified each one in his head.

“Don’t tell me you brought it all with you….” Youngmi said. “You know what don’t answer that. Just hand me the ones with the wings I guess.”

“Here you go,” he said happily giving her the one special pad with the wings on either side.

Youngmi closed the door. Luhan then headed back to Bomis room and return the drawer full of pads in its rightful place.

Luhan seemed content with his little job. He walked back to the living room and settled himself under their made up fort.

After seeming like he waited for about an hour more for Youngmi – it was only 5 minutes – she finally came back and settled beside him silently. She sat down cross legged and angrily snatched the bowl of popcorn away from him.

“Angry much,” Luhan commented under his breath yet she still heard it.

“Just start the movie,” she hissed.

Luhan did what he was told. They were up to the third Harry Potter movie – Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azakaban – and it was already fifteen minutes till midnight and they were already tired and they had a lot more movies to watch.

As soon as midnight struck someone came knocking at their door.

Luhan paused the movie and looked at Youngmi who did the same. They looked at each other shooting go and open the door signals with their eyes.

“Let settle this like normal people shall we?” Luhan suggested. Youngmi nodded.

The competitive air built around them and the tension was high. They were already sitting on their feet across from each other as they shoot deadly lasers out of their eyes.

“ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS!” They said at the same time.

In their world – Luhans and Youngmis world – the way they settle their arguments is by playing rock, paper, scissors. It obviously did the job for them since all their arguments of: who was going to open doors, who was going to cut the onions – onions are es, who was going to clean the bathrooms, who was going to put the trash away. All those questions were solved by playing rock, paper, scissors.

Obviously one would whine about it until Bomi gets angry and kicks them out until they both do what they are told.

Luhan had scissors and Youngmi had paper. She lost and she disliked it.

Youngmi got up and walked to the door. She opened it and was met by an ecstatic looking Myungsoo.

He wore a great smile on his face and his hands shaking in excitement, his feet tippy toeing on his spot and his eyes sparkling with pure joy.

“Come in….” Youngmi said, she made way for him and closed it behind her before following him back.

Myungsoo sat down inside the fort and quickly sculled down the content of Luhans drink which he snatched earlier on. They could see that he was very ecstatic maybe too giddy perhaps but they paid no attention to it.

“How did it go?” Youngmi sat down beside Luhan on a pillow and waited for Myungsoo to answer.

“The marriage date thingy was a blow like always but I did hear something awesome when I was with the gang!” Myungsoo nearly jumped up from his seat, he was so ecstatic with the stored information that he had in mind. He was so jittery Youngmi and Luhan was just waiting for Myungsoo to start jumping off the walls.

“Well are you going to tell us?” Luhan asked.

“Okay, so I heard from the gang that there will be this competition for singing and dancing at LOEN and it will be in a few months and I thought that we could participate,” Myungsoo told them. “You know as a trio.”

Youngmi laughed. Luhan chuckled a bit too but Myungsoo was serious about it.

“Come on, it would be a LOT of fun! We can at least try right?” he suggested.

“Hahahahahaha NO!” Youngmi answered.

“Luhan?” Myungsoo asked.

“We can try…” Luhan mumbled scooting away from Youngmi who would dislike his answer.

Myungsoo and Luhan both looked at Youngmi watching her reaction.

Youngmi shot them a look then moved away from both from them and fixed her sight on the TV.

“Tch, whatever,” she mumbled.

 

On the following Monday, Youngmi came to school earlier than planned. She had planned to come to school with the other two but they just kept nagging her about the competition that she didn’t even want to join since she doesn’t have any talent whatsoever or anything spectacular for that matter.

The only thing she was great at was eating and she still lost at that with the fat stray cats that stays in the front of the dorms. They could eat anything.

There were not much people there, only the nerds or the weird ones that stay at school for some reason and Youngmi which is not categorized as any of the two. She can be categorized as the victim of two weird people she called friends yet she still liked being called their friend.

Youngmi walked inside the building and saw no one around the corridors. It was like a ghost town, she was even anticipating tumbleweed to roll in front of her.

She felt quite nervous walking through the empty corridors of LOEN P.A.H.S for some reason. She also felt like a pair of eyes was watching her the whole time she walked through it, eyes that was boring holes through her. She could feel sweat running down her forehead at the fear and anxiousness of it all.

Youngmi finally felt ease after walking past a teacher along the corridor talking to a girl, it was Heejin. That didn’t feel quite right, not the nervous feeling but a weird feeling. Why was she there?

Why would a bloodsucking y leech be at school so early? And why would she even talk to a teacher? Weird.

Youngmi finally arrived at her locker. Then the anxiousness overcame her again, the feeling of being watched. She didn’t like it one bit. It was making her feel tense and she hated the feeling of being tense in certain situations.

She opened her locker and out came a piece of paper, it looked normal. It had blue lines going across it and it was ripped out of a notebook. Nothing special.

At first she thought it was from the two idiots – Luhan and Myungsoo – but as soon as she opened it the anxiousness of being watched increased by a million times.

It read:

 

You conniving little ! Do you really think you can take my oppa from me? Just wait and see, I will make your life a living hell and take back my oppa. Just wait and see Kim Youngmi. Your end is near…

 

Youngmi crumbled it in her hands and threw placed it in her bag. Her heartbeat increased and she could every trickle of sweat form on her forehead.

She knew that it wasn’t from Luhan nor Myungsoo, the feel that she got from the note was totally different from the previous notes that they gave her.

Youngmi looked around her, to the corners, to the far end of the corridor but she still felt like someone was watching her from afar. She knew that someone was watching her but who?

Who?

 

 



 

Authors Note:

OMFG! You don't know how much I died and came back to life as soon as I won the bidding. I was so so so happy. You don't even know. THANK YOU TO ALL YOU AWESOME PEOPLE WHO SUBSCRIBED AND UPVOTED! I LOVE YOU ALL!

 

*Question/s of the Day*

The mysterious person is back. Thoughts?

Who do you think it is? 

On the note it said oppa.....

Thoughts on my self made poster? 

I really like it even it's not the best.

Comment to answer below!

 

I am so grateful to all of you guys. I hope you like the chapter. I shall edit it soon. THANK YOU! <3