~Chapter 23~

HOW TO SURVIVE HIGH SCHOOL with Luhan

 

The Voice that Holds You - Urban Zakapa

 



 

Luhans POV

 

It was midday when I finally woke up after being woken up by a small little birdie tapping on my glass window. I was still exhausted from the movie night a few days ago. I think I had too much sodas and the caffeine has not left my body even after more than 3 dozen times of going to the restroom to rid of it out of my system.

I sat up on my bed and looked at the bird who still tapped on my window. I smiled a bit and stood up. I stretched my numb limbs while yawning. That day was the day that Youngmi and Myungsoo would go on a date by themselves meaning just two of them together, alone.

I didn’t know why but I felt uneasy with just the thought of having Myungsoo and Youngmi together, alone. Don’t get me wrong, it’s just for the spy that who kept spying on them after Myungsoo told his father that he was going out with someone.

The fact that the spy was so obvious really got me annoyed, I mean if you’re a spy you’re supposed to be like invisible and not be seen by the people who you are supposed to be spying. He really made me facepalm myself like a million times.

I heard the Youngmis front door open and closed then locked. I guessed that their date just started.

I walked to my front door and rested my ear against it to eavesdrop on their conversation.

I heard her walk towards Myungsoos front door and she knocked twice. I heard the door open and he greeted her.

“Hey,” Myungsoo said. He had a smile; I knew that he had a smile. There is a difference between how he talks normally and how he talks with a smile. When he smiles while talking you can hear everything a bit more clearly and it really stand out. I have always liked how he smile-talks but on that moment I disliked it, I despised it.

“Hey.” I heard Youngmi say. She had a smile too. It seemed genuine but I knew that the idea of having a date was still knew to her and she felt uneasy about it. She talked to me about it a day ago.

“Ready?” I heard him say.

From what I heard they left after their little conversation.

I hurriedly ran to my room and changed my clothes as quickly as I could and fix my hair then brush my teeth then put on my sneakers – the most comfortable one I could get, I had to do a lot of walking that day – and of course zip my fly. I had an accident with an open fly before but that is another story.

I grabbed my phone, keys and wallet and bolted outside my room and locked it.

I had to catch up to those two. If I was going to spy on them then I had to be on their tails the whole time they had their goddamn date.

My eyes twitched just the thought of them having fun. Like how Youngmi would cling to his arm when they go through a haunted house or like how Myungsoo might hold her hand or worse they might kiss. I can’t let them do that. As long as I am alive I cannot let his filthy mouth touch her precious ones.

I hailed a cab as soon as they got inside his luxurious car/chick magnet. All the es love expensive cars.

“Ajusshi please follow that car,” I told him while I watched Myungsoos car intently. “Don’t let him get away.”

He followed the car without even asking questions. At least there was no hassle there.

Nothing fishy and suspicious from my side but I couldn’t see anything that was happening inside the car.

My mind literally just became sparklers, exploding here and there. It was chaos in my head.

Just the thoughts of Myungsoo taking advantage of Youngmi inside the car got me really hot and bothered. I couldn’t let my mind be clouded from the lies that my mind was creating but it was inevitable when I was not inside the car with them.

I knew I shouldn’t have thought of those thoughts but I was just nervous, for Youngmi.

My heart just wasn’t at place if I don’t know if Youngmi is safe or not. It wouldn’t stay put but I didn’t know why.

We finally got to this place called Vanity Park. It was obviously a park but not a normal one, it was gated and the entrance looked so expensive like you don’t even know. The Vanity Park sign on top looked like it was made of pure gold.

I instantly knew that Vanity Park was for the rich people of Korea. I mean just the outside was just too dazzling for commoners like me.

I had a smile on my face just imagining Youngmi with that star trucked expression on her face. It would have been priceless if I saw it but sadly I didn’t.

I asked the taxi driver to drop me off in front of the park. He did what was told and I gave him the money and left the vehicle while saying my grateful thank yous.

I then followed Myungsoo inside the park – they stopped for some reason. Luckily that the gate was not guarded and I expertly followed their car to the parking lot where they even had a garage for cars. I mean really? Was that really necessary?

 I hid behind a huge tree and waited for both Youngmi and Myungsoo to emerge from the garage. Finally they came out while laughing their heads off.

Myungsoo had his head back from laughing too much and I could see his neck clearly. Oh how I wanted to rip his neck in half.

Youngmi was laughing too and was clutching her stomach. It must have been a hell of an awesome joke for her to do that. I was suspicious.

As they came down the flight of stairs I had a clear vision of what she was wearing, and Myungsoo too.

She was sporting a skirt that reached to her knee and a black tank top with a cardigan on top and flats. She also wore sunglasses that were on her heard. Myungsoo was wearing cream coloured khaki shorts with a white V-neck shirt and white loafers. He had his sunglasses hanging on the v on his shirt.

They both walked on the pathway through a thick man made forest while talking, Youngmi had her hand up and was breathing the fresh air from the man-made surroundings – the trees were real, it’s just the other things that are just man-made – and Myungsoo who kept looking back at a tree that was a few meters away from my right.

It was the spy. Not a really great spy he was, he just stood there with half of his body showing and the other half covered by the tree. He was also wearing black which was very noticeable at that warm bright day.

If I could, I would have karate chopped him but my lack of skills on that department hindered me from doing so.

Knowing that Mr Kim is rich then I could not calculate how someone so powerful and rich could hire someone who spies for a living that is not even great at it. The thought just boggles me.

I followed them until they reached a clear field, it was grassy and green and it looked serene. In that clearing they placed a white luxurious looking tent with a table full of delectable food and some servants in uniforms under the tent waiting for Myungsoo and Youngmi to arrive.

“I hate rich people,” I mumbled. I hid behind another tree at least a few meters away from them to be able to hear them. My hearing is super sensitive.

“Sit down.” Myungsoo guided Youngmi to a chair beside another one. She did what she was told and awkwardly sat down looking at the servants.

Myungsoo did the same; he sat down but he took the chair and moved it so he could sit facing her. Nice move face.

They started having a conversation about the marriage debacle and their fake relationship is only temporary until he finds another lie to tell his father knowing that she felt uncomfortable with the idea. At least he was considerate about her feelings.

They talked a bit more about nonsense and about the marriage thing. It got annoying at how many times he stated that he hated about it yet he kept talking about it, Youngmi got tired of it too after a few hundred times but she kept her cool.

Whilst their conversation was going on, Myungsoo kept looking at the spy who spied unskilfully behind a tree that was thinner than he was. He being a spy boggled me to no end.

About 30 minutes to their conversation Myungsoo did something unexpected, very unexpected.

First I saw Myungsoo shoo away his servants and they dispersed with their heads low then he pounced on Youngmi. He was on top of her.

My eyes widened and my mouth was open. I could not believe what I just saw. I felt defeated.

He leaned closer to her face and whispered something that I could not hear then leaned more.

It looked like he kissed her but I couldn’t see properly, I had to look away since my leg got itchy from sitting on the grass for too long. I am allergic to grass.

Good thing I looked away though, if I didn’t then I didn’t know what I would have done if I let myself watch more of it.

Myungsoo then pulled away and sat down on his chair looking puffed out for some reason. Youngmi then sat up on her chair looking a bit pink. For a few minutes they just stared at each other, yet it looked like Myungsoo kept giving her signals through his shifty eyes.

Instead of sitting on the grass I knelt on my knee for safety measures of the itch I might get and have a better view of the two.

After scratching the last itch on my leg I looked back at the two who seemed to have calmed down. Youngmi seemed to have liked what she was eating since the bowl of fruits that she had was quickly devoured or it may have been because she hasn’t had breakfast and lunch that her stomach was tired of waiting for food so it made Youngmi stuff food in just to satisfy itself. (‘It’ being the stomach)

“Are you hungry?” I heard Myungsoo ask.

Youngmi patted her stomach and nodded. He stood up and held out his hand which she gladly took and they set off again towards the man-made pond a few hundred meters away from the tent. It looked like it had a table near it stacked with food that I could not see from being too far away.

I followed them of course. My eyes were fixed on their holding hands. I felt like cutting his fingers off which were laced around hers. I was a bit sad.

I situated myself behind a shrub; I had to lie down on my stomach on the grass to not be able to be seen by them and of course had to face the consequences, allergies.

I parted the leaves to see what they were doing. Myungsoo and Youngmi had already comfortably sat at each end of the luxuriously looking table full of food. Myungsoos back was facing me and I could only see Youngmi.

I wafted the smell of the food that was on the table; even though they were in covered platters I could still smell all of it. The enticing smell that made my stomach rumble in need of its daily rations of food.

They started eating. I wanted to eat too but could not because of my implications. I lied there on the grass listening to the grumbles and rumbles of my stomach as I my lips.

After their lunch date they just walked around the park and they talked. That was it. The spy tried spying on them but that obviously failed miserably and I spied too but efficiently. That was it, nothing momentous happened.

Thinking that nothing would even happen between them I left. I got really hungry so I went home, it was understandable so don’t judge.

I hailed a come cab when I got outside the park and finally one came. I went inside and told him to go to the nearest cheap restaurant around the place so he took me there. I paid and left.

I went inside the restaurant and ordered something nice looking in the menu and waited for my order. It soon came and I was practically drooling on the table just looking at the food. Good thing I imagine the drooling part but some drool did nearly escape my lips but I saved it with my awesome tongue skills (Insert dirty thoughts here)

I got up and paid. It was a nice afternoon-lunch I called it. It tasted very nice indeed.

I hailed another cab and headed back to the dorms. It was already 3:30 pm and I finally arrived after a long ten minutes of drive. I paid and headed inside.

After arriving inside I saw that I had mail inside my little mail box and I opened it. Inside was an envelope, a white one with a red heart sticker to seat it. It looked shifty but I opened it anyway.

As I opened it I walked aimlessly up the stairs to my room to have a little rest.

I pulled out the paper from inside the envelope and unfolded it to read the content inside.

It read:

How was it today? Did you have fun? It must feel really bad to be a third wheel in a relationship right? Don’t worry, I can help.

Sincerely,

Cupid <3

I furrowed my eye brows at the note I was holding in my hands and placed it back inside the envelope. I opened the door and went inside. I looked at the note one last time before ripping it in pieces and letting it float down slow to the ground and I made my to my bedroom with a sigh.

 

 

 



 

 

Authors Note:

Hello. This is undedited so do have a look when I edited it.

 

*Question/s of the Day*

What did you think of this chapter?

Who is the cupid?

Comment to answer below.

 

Do comment once in a while guise. Even just say hi. It would make my day.