~Chapter 31~

HOW TO SURVIVE HIGH SCHOOL with Luhan

 

 

As Long As You Love Me - Lunafly (Cover)

 



 

 

Youngmis POV

 

After knowing that my older sister was in love I started thinking about love. What is it? I didn't even know what it meant and how I would feel if I fell in love with someone. I would always think that I would be heartbroken whenever I think about love. Everyone says that love because heart breaks and I have seen too much dramatic movies about heart breaks and if it did apply to real life then it would , badly.

Of course, as a great younger sister I approve of Bomi to go and go out and prowl again after such a long time and you could say that I was one of the reasons why she took a long time to find someone due to my, well due to me. Also the fact that my sister is in love with my emotional soul mates brother is kind of weird and talking about weird, Myungsoo did not look pleased when Bomi dropped the love bomb on him. He wasn't overly angry about it but he wasn't overly happy about it too so it was hard to decipher what he felt about it.

After my sister dropped the love bomb on him, he quickly ran outside and left the premises and I couldn't even say goodbye or adios. So much for stuffing ourselves with junk foods after school and gain a few kilos to grow a food baby but the plan went right out the window.

With all those things happening around me there was another problem that Super Youngmi had to take care of, Luhan. That night, Luhan did not join Bomi and I for dinner and it got me really worried about him. With what happened in the morning and now skipping meals, I really had to talk to him quickly.

And that was how I found myself in front of his door, my hand hovering a few centimetres away from it as I hesitated to knock on it. Being an unlucky that I am, I sneezed and made me hit my poor forehead on the door causing a loud thud that couldn't wake up the neighbours even if it was just seven in the evening.

I heard footsteps coming from inside his house and my heart started to palpitate quickly, my palms started sweating  and nervousness took over my whole body that I did one of those shiver things where I looked like a retarded seal getting touched by a ghost.

Before Luhan could get to the door, I -being the dumb I am- ran to my room, with the hands in the air flailing it around like some dumb and hid behind the door. I crouched down to the floor to see Luhan through the small gap between the floor and my door; breathing heavily while I watched his feet scramble around.

"Come out Youngmi," he suddenly announced.

I was caught in the act. I told you I'm a dumb . I froze in my position, head down up as I made this guilty looking face. Even though I knew I got caught, I still stayed in my position for some reason.

"I know you're there. I can see your shadow you know," he said knowingly. Heaving a sigh, I gave up knowing that my best efforts didn't aid me as much as I hope.

I got up on my feet and slowly opened my door, letting my head seen by Luhan. I waved at him, it was a small one and he responded by blinking at me. He sighed then said, "What is it that you want?" He sounded so irritated, it felt like his words were towards me and I was pretty sure that it was even though it didn't seem like it wasn't. Do you get me?

"I want you." That sounded so ual, my god. I sounded so ty. 

Luhan eyed me and scoffed, looking like he was going back inside his room but I stopped him before he could. Grabbing his hands I said, "What I mean is that I want to talk to you. What I said before sounded so ing weird and-and ual... yuck and you get what I mean, right?"

For some reason, I was flustered in front of Luhan like how ing weird was that? That felt like I was coughing up a hair ball or something, it was that weird. I am never the person to get flustered when talking to close friends yet Luhan was different. Or I was just too embarrassed to talk normally with him and the fact that I hid and got caught was also something.

He nodded at me without smiling or any facial expressions. I hate it when he does that, he just nods and well, he just god damn nods and every time he does that I alway have the urge to castrate him. I didn't do it though.

"Do you want to come in?" He asked. He made way for me while opening the door to let me in and I slowly walked inside his room.

While walking towards the couch that was set against the wall facing the TV set, I looked around the room, like really look. It was actually the first time that I actually have set foot and take a good look inside his "home". Everything was clean and dust free, I was sure that I couldn't even sense any dust floating in the air.

I situated myself comfortably on the couch and watched him as he stood in front of the TV, blocking my view of it, while crossing his arm and tapping one of his feet on the floor making a noise. He then abruptly said, "So what do you want to talk about? I have" - he looked at the clock that was hanging up the wall - "a few minutes that I can spare for you."

I sat up on the black couch and cleared my throat, feeling a bit nervous of how to approach him. I at being nice. "Can you tell me what's wrong? Even just a little bit? We're friends aren't we, then why do I feel like your pushing me away?" I was now fiddling with my thumbs as I waited for his response.

He sighed, a really big sigh. "You are still going on with this? I told you to just stop concerning yourself, okay? It's not your problem but mine," Luhan snapped at me. I hate it. I hate it when he doesn't tell me anything. He just doesn't know that it's hurting me too that he's hurting.

"Why are you pushing me away? I only want to help, alright? As a friend I want to know what's wrong but if you don't want that then I'll. If you want that then, you know what? Good ing bye!" If he didn't want to tell me then I'll leave. I didn't care anymore. He can be depressed for all I cared. If he wanted to be alone and eat ice cream alone while listening to Adele then that was fine by me. (I do the same thing when I'm depressed.)

I was breathing quite heavily as I finished ranting off, standing on my spot now. I gave him a last look and walked away but before I could leave the room he pulled me back. In my head, I was hoping he would and then goodness he did because that would have been embarrassing. /facepalm

"I'm sorry," he whispered. He held my wrist and pulled me towards him and hugged me, it was unexpected but I liked it so I did the same but after a few seconds he didn't let go. I wanted to let go but he was like stone but after a few more seconds he let go but he placed his hands and grasped my shoulders and made me look at him straight in the eye.

"So can you tell me what's wrong?" I wished to God, to Buddha, to anyone that he would tell me but he stayed being quiet.

"I don't like Myungsoo being with you all the time," he finally spouted. I furrowed by eye brows and made an 'o' face then a clueless one. I was confused.

"Why not? I thought you were besties," I said. I was still clueless. He replied, "No, I like him as a friend. I love being friends with him but I feel like you're replacing me with him. After the party I feel like you're neglecting me and I don't like it." He pouted.

So that was his problem. In hindsight, I really was kind of neglecting him but I couldn't help it since Myungsoo has been keeping a close eye on me after telling him about my 'problems' and I'd rather not drag Luhan into it too.

"So you're telling me that you have been depressed because you're jealous?" It was so true but I saw his face change expressions and he quickly tried denying it.

"Of course not! I'm not jealous. I just don't like you and Myungsoo to be very lovey-dovey. And also, you guys look unappealing," he said, so unbelievable.

"Just say that you're jealous. There is nothing wrong with it. I mean I am hot," I joked and finally he chuckled and smiled. God, I missed his laugh and smile.

"Fine," he said, exasperating a sigh. "I am jealous since you never go to me anymore when you have problems unlike before and I'm really sad."

"I know that I've been with Myungsoo a lot and I know that you feel like I've been neglecting you but it's not like that." I sighed, "It's something important and I'm afraid to tell you." I was now looking down, fiddling with my fingers.

There was a pause. An awkward one and it suffocated me that he wasn't talking to me or saying anything or even making a noise.

“Okay…” he tapped his foot, thinking hardly. “Knowing that you won’t tell me about your problem straight out… I would like to make an agreement with you.”

"What kind of agreement?" I asked curiously.

"Okay, so since I know you'll keep your mouth shut about your problem," -he knows me so well- "I will guess your problem by asking you questions and if by this time next week I still haven't guessed it you can make me your slave for a whole day but if I do guess it before the deadline then you will have to kiss me." That agreement was not fair and I didn't want to agree with it but the thought of kissing Luhan again was something I wanted to look forward to.

I felt myself blush a I couldn't help but keep fiddling with my god damn fingers. I was like one of those little school girls who were about to pee themselves due to shyness and the case of red face.

His words kept repeating in my head. Should I agree or not? Get kissed or not? I mean kissing Luhan again would be nice but I don't want him to get dragged in my problems which I always do and I didn't want that.

 

"Fine, only a week and nothing more. If I win.. No... WHEN I win, I will make you do everything for me." I couldn't wait. My excitement was through the roof but my heart was pounding too fast for some reason unknown.

"Deal!" He said, handing out his right arm. I took it and smiled with a hint of blush spread across my cheeks.

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

Authors POV

 

Myungsoo was on his way to his father's mansion knowing that his older brother was there, he should be there.

He was clutching the wheel of the car, passing other motorists as he drove over the limit to his destination. His emotion that he felt during that time was bittersweet. His only brother was back and he was so happy to see him but Myungsoo was angry at the same time, knowing that he left without a word. His brother left him, the older brother that he always looked up to and the person that he could call his bestest friend.

Uncounted minutes passed and Myungsoo found himself standing in front of his father's mansion, staring at it, with his fist clenched as hard as he could. He was breathing hardly and his heart was pounding loudly in his ears, blocking other noises in his surroundings and he could only think about was his brother.

Myungsoo walked through the heavy wooden doors, loud stomps across the marbled floors was heard throughout the house as he walked around while frantically looking for his brother.

 

He walked into the kitchen startling all the workers that were inside, and they look at him, confused why he was there and why was he looking so scary. Myungsoo was breathing heavily, scanning the room through slitted eyes, for that one person. He moved his dark gaze to one of the servants who was then shaking in her shoes. He asked, "Where is my brother?" The servant couldn't speak; she was frozen in fear due to Myungsoo's strong rage that came off him.

"SPEAK!" Myungsoo shouted, red faced with veins popping up due to irritation and impatience.

She gulped loudly, she opened and stuttered at first but thankfully the butler stepped in her rescue. "Master Myungsoo, Master Myungseon is located in your old room upstairs." Before the butler could even utter another word, Myungsoo was already gone.

Myungsoo ran, with godly speed, back to his old room and slammed the door open startling the man inside. They both looked at each other, Myungsoo breathing heavily and Myungseon smiling at his younger brother. Myungsoo ran towards him and grabbed his brother's collar in a tight grip, forcing Myungseon to hit the wall.

Now full of rage, Myungsoo cried. He released his tight grip on his brother and let all his emotions out like he had intended. Taken back by the sudden actions of his brother, Myungseon softened his shocked expression and wrapped his arms around his younger brother, laughing while Myungsoo cried in his arms.

“You bast-ard!”

“Shhhhh, it’s okay. I’m back now and I have great news.” Myungsoo wiped his eyes and looked at his brother, asking for what he had to tell.

“What is it?”

“You don’t have to get married! Now I’m back I will get married and I finally found my wife…… well….. I haven’t asked her to marry me but you know her!” Myungseon had a goofy smile on his face.

“Don’t tell me it’s……”

 

 



 

Authors Note:

Here you go!