~Chapter 11~

HOW TO SURVIVE HIGH SCHOOL with Luhan

 

 

Storm - Ailee

 



 

 

Authors POV

 

“Youngmi! Are you ready?!” Luhan asked pounding on her door at 6:00 on a Friday morning.

On the other side of the door Youngmi covered her ears with her pillow trying to block out the noise that was coming from outside her door.

“Youngmi! Don’t tell me you’re not up yet,” Luhan pounded on the door again.

To his dismay, it was true. She wasn’t up yet; she can’t even keep her eye lids from closing in just mere seconds.

Even though they had agreed that they needed to wake up early on that day Youngmi clearly forgot and slept late concluding that she would wake up late and get scolded by Luhan like a nagging mother he was.

“Come Youngmi, get up and get ready. We need to leave in 30 minutes if we don’t want to miss the bus,” Luhan stated turning the door knob around.

“Fine!”

“Just a few more minutes?” Youngmi pleaded trying to sound nice. Youngmi doesn’t go with nice in the mornings, she usually sounds like a dying cat getting run over by a train 50 times, again and again. She doesn’t look that well either.

Luhan had enough of her laziness so he had to do what he does best, annoying her.

He pounded on the door loudly causing the wall to shake.

A few more minutes of pounding and Youngmi finally sat up on her bed with her dishevelled hair and large dark eye bags under her eyes. She glared at the door and covered her ears groaning.

“Why are you doing this to me?”

“Youngmi open the door or I will kick it down,” Luhan threatened still pounding on the door.

“Geez, calm down. I’ll be up….” Youngmi said. She looked at the door knob and reached out for it as she sat up on her bed. She wished for the door to magically come to her but it obviously wouldn’t happen.

“Open the door then,” Luhan said.

“Can you come and help me up; I have no energy to get up,” Youngmi slurred keeping her eyes wide open.

“The door is locked retard!” Luhan hissed rolling his eyes at her stupidness.

She groaned and heaved a sigh preparing herself for the long and exhausting walk to the door which was 5 meters away from her bed.

Youngmi then lay flat on her stomach positioning herself with her head pointed to the door. She grabbed the edges of the bed and pushed herself over to the edge and slowly falls on the ground with the blanket wrapped around her, she groaned as she felt herself hit the wooden floor. Smiling at her effort she laid on the floor staring at the ceiling with the thought of fulfilment in her actions.

“Yah, are you okay?” Luhan asked hearing the loud thud.

“I’m fine, don’t worry. I’ll open the door soon,” Youngmi replied assuring him that she was fine.

Youngmi looked at the door that seemed so close yet so far. She wiggled her body towards the door so her head would be pointing at it then she started pushing herself towards the door.

She clearly wasn’t capable of using her feet since she’s lazy.

“Nearly there. Nearly there.”

Youngmi finally reached her destination; she smiled at her achievement as she looked back at her trail. She exhaled and inhaled trying to calm her breathing down after her tiring work out for the day; she reached for the door knob and finally opened it for Luhan who has been waiting patiently outside the door.

“Finally!” Luhan cheered pushing the door feeling a hard object that seemed to block the way. He poked his head through the door and looked down, there he found Youngmi lying down on the floor sweating and exhausted while wrapped around her blanket.

“I’m not even going to ask,” Luhan sighed in defeat.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

“Thank god!” Luhan exasperated slumping down on his seat dragging Youngmi down beside him.

“I told you we had enough time,” Youngmi stated fixing her clothes that she wore without considering what it would look like with each other.

“We barely made it in time thanks to your laziness,” Luhan rolled his eyes having a hard time to breathe from all the running.

“I didn’t even want to come,” Youngmi whined crossing her arms looking displeased already.

“Try to have fun at least.” He told her.

“Whatever.”

Thirty minutes minutes later, they finally arrived at Lotte World. They got out of the bus and headed to the entrance to buy their tickets. They gave their tickets to the personnel and headed inside looking for the carousel where they were supposed to meet all the seniors.

“I found them,” Luhan cheered pointing at a large crowd of rowdy teenagers beside the carousel.

“Great,” Youngmi commented sarcastically rolling her eyes.

“Come on then,” He said grabbing her wrist and getting dragged to the direction again.

“I’m not a rag doll you know, you can’t just drag me anywhere you want,” She said displeased.

“I’m sorry, I’m just excited,” He smiled at her slowly walking to the group.

“I’m not...”

They finally got to the large group and was greeted by hellos and hi’s among people but it was only for Luhan though since no one knows who Youngmi was. Youngmi on the other hand just followed behind Luhan and hid behind him whenever he stands and associates with people.

“President Myungsoo, we’re here,” Luhan announced walking towards Park Myungsoo.

“Luhan, you’re finally here. Good,” Myungsoo said smiling at him so he smiled back. “Where is Youngmi?”

“Right, she’s right here,” Luhan said moving away to the side.

Youngmi on the other hand was trying her hardest to stay awake but Luhans announcement gave her enough shock to open her eyes. Youngmi looked at Myungsoo and smiled then she looked away having that same uninterested face.

“Right, you’re Youngmi!” He announced ticking her name off the list. 

After a few more minutes the last batch of kids finally arrived and Myungsoo finally told everyone what to do and not to do meaning the rules and trying to make a good name for LOEN P.A.H.S.

Everyone dispersed and headed to different directions with giddy faces on except for Youngmi, she had a scowl on her face. Only Luhan and Youngmi was left near the carousel looking at the disappearing back profiles of people.

“Where do you want to go?” Luhan asked her.

“How the hell do I know? I haven’t been here before,” Youngmi said.

“What?! You haven’t been here before? This is like a kid’s haven,” He told her looking shocked.

“Yup,” She said making a popping noise pronouncing the p.

“Then you have to come with me,” Luhan excitedly said grabbing her wrist and running towards an unknown direction.

“Where are you taking me?” Youngmi puffed trying to catch up to Luhan.

“Just wait. Don’t worry you’ll have fun,” Luhan assured her.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

“Bumper cars? Your ways of having fun is crashing onto other people?” Youngmi asked with the ‘are-you-serious’ look.

Luhan nodded and dragged her to the booth to get tickets. He paid and got the two tickets. They then headed to the operator and gave him their tickets; they got his approval and went inside the rink.

They then hopped on the cars and sat down waiting for the operator to turn on the cars.

“Put on your seat belt,” Luhan advised her.

“I’m not a kid, I don’t need it,” She snapped at him.

“I’m just worried,” He murmured looking down at his pedals.

“Okay everyone! Are we ready?” The operator asked from the speakers.

They all shouted in response and the operator then pressed a button making all the cars light up and the loud music blare hyping everyone up.

Luhan sped off the distance screaming like a little girl from excitement leaving Youngmi to fend for herself inexperienced with the machine that she was sitting on.

“What am I supposed to do? Luhan where are you? I’m supposed to have fun..”

Youngmi cautiously pushed one of the pedals using her foot and it abruptly jerked forward making her squeal in surprise.

Finally getting a hang of it she started turning the steering wheel from side to side. She then looked for Luhan so she could get her revenge on him for leaving her alone, she found him crashing to some people in the far end of the rink.

Smiling at her thoughts, she moved towards him. She got closer and closer until she was only a meter away from him when the music ended and her car stopped suddenly.

Everyone applauded and got off their cars and headed back to the entrance with giant smiles on their faces.

“Bu-t… b-ut…”  

“Was it fun?” Luhan asked moving beside her as they walked towards the entrance.

“You left me by myself, alone. I didn’t even know what to do,” Youngmi barked at him.

“I’m sorry. I thought you didn’t my help,” Luhan told her sounding really apologetic.

“Then can we go again? I haven’t really done anything yet,” Youngmi asked looking really excited.

“Sure,” He told her, “Let me get tickets. Wait here.”

Luhan came back with a smile on his face. They went inside the rink and walked towards some cars.

“Let’s use the tandem cars,” Luhan addressed.

“Why? I wanted to smash into you thought,” Youngmi stated sounding really disappointed.

“We can do it again later, don’t worry,” Luhan reassured her sitting on one of the seats.

“Fine,” Youngmi puffed sitting down next to him.

The loud music started blaring and the cars then started to work. Luhan pushed the pedal and whizzed towards people with a smile on his face. He looked at Youngmi who looked completely enthralled; she was smiling and the twinkle in her eyes couldn’t be hidden.

“Are you having fun?” Luhan asked as he bumped onto one of the cars.

“YES!” She beamed squealing every time they bump onto people.

Luhan steered around the other people trying to catch one of the people who he hasn’t bumped before. That was one of his objectives whenever he plays bumper cars; he always needed to bump everyone.

He had his target in his sight, he pushed harder on the pedal and was finally nearing his target but was suddenly bumped by another car.

Youngmi smiled as Luhan sped faster towards that one car but her smile suddenly faded as she felt her body leave her seat.

The impact of the crash was so hard that she was pushed off her car and was sent flying. She felt her body hit the floor as the bright lights shined brightly. She groaned as her body hit the floor from the impact.

“It hurts!”

Luhan on the other hand stopped the car and held tightly on the steering wheel as he braced himself from the impact. He looked up and faced Youngmi looking if she was alright but as soon as he found her not on her seat he frantically looked for her.

His head spun around just trying to look for Youngmi, and then he finally found her lying on the ground rolling around in pain. He shot up from his seat and ran to her.

The music stopped and everyone looked at the commotion. Luhan kneeled beside Youngmi and picked her up laying her down on his knees.

“Are you okay?” He asked concerned about her.

She just groaned in response looking at him in pain.

Luhan then turned his attention towards the loud guffawing behind him.

He's a heartless bastard.

“YOU!” Luhan shouted looking angry at him.

 

 



Authors Note:

WOWZA! Hope you like this update :)

 

*Question/s of the Day*

Do you do what Youngmi does? When you're so lazy on your bed that you have to roll to your destination?

I do that all the time!

Who do you think the guy who bumped into them? 

He's such a dickhead... /shakes head/ 

Comment to answer below :)

 

Don't forget to SHARE this story to your friends and UPVOTE if you like this story :)