~Chapter 1~

HOW TO SURVIVE HIGH SCHOOL with Luhan

 

 

 

 

 

Falling - John Park

 



 

Authors POV

 

Youngmi lazily opened her tired eyes as rays of morning sunlight shone directly at her face. Being a hateful person she is, and she clearly hates getting woken up early in the mornings, she threw a glare at the window then threw a pillow after. That clearly didn’t aid her problematic problem since nothing happened and it clearly did not help seeing that the annoying rays of sunlight was still bothering her.

Groaning, she sat up on her bed and rolled her eyes obviously not looking forward for another boring and long and lazy day.

Something was odd, no, something smelt odd.

Youngmi looked around her room trying to find the unknown and malodorous smell that she can’t put her finger on. Clearly bewildered at the smell, she looked around her room smelling very crook and cranny of it trying to find the smell. She looked up and down, under the bed, up the wardrobes, inside her wardrobe but unfortunately she failed to find where the smell was emitting from.

“What is this smell?” She sniffed one more time making sure where the smell was from.

Looking down at herself, she sniffed her arm pits and made an unsightly face and shivered.

“I need to bathe right now. I smell like a dead rat inside a dead pigs stomach.”

Youngmi grabbed her towel and her necessities and headed outside.

She closed her door and looked at the room across hers.

Youngmi raised an eye brow and moved closer to the room eyeing the scattered cardboard boxes on the floor around the narrow corridor. She moved closer and looked at one of the boxes where it was about to topple over and caught it before it could hit the floor and make a mess, she then placed it on the ground carefully and looked up as she crouched down on the floor.

She then spotted shoes, converse shoes. Eyeing the converse shoes that the person in front of her was sporting, she looked up and found a handsome looking guy with doe  eyes smiling at her.

It’s not one of those normal smiles where you see the mouth curving and that is it. The guy had a normal smile but the eyes were telling her something different. Getting creeped out by the new guy in front of her, she moved past him and walked away.

“Thank you for doing that. My name is Luhan by the way,” he greeted still smiling creepily at her.

Youngmi looked at him weirdly and walked away.

“Also, nice underwear,” he added waving goodbye to her.

“I already hate this kid.”

She moved around the boxes and down the corridor and turned at the corner with Luhan eyeing her with that same smile while she muttered curse words under her breath.

“Such a cutie,” he said as he picked up a box on the floor and headed inside his new living space for the year.

Heading down the stairs, Youngmi walked to the door. She opened the door and sniffed the fragrant smell coming from the kitchen. Youngmi then lazily walked to the kitchen and sat down on one of the chairs clutching her bathroom necessities.

“Unnie, when are you going to finish? I’m hungry,” Youngmi asked.

“Can’t you wait? You’re always hungry. I’m amazed at how skinny you still are after all the things you have eaten since the school holidays started,” the dorm leader sighed.

Right, let me tell you more about the dorm owner and leader. Her name is Kim Bomi and you guessed right she is Youngmis older sister. She’s the complete different version of Youngmi. She’s nice, kind, understanding and has many friends meaning that she is completely different from Youngmi.

“Also, did you remember that next week is the start of the school year? How exciting,” Bomi exclaimed wiggling her bottom.

“Don’t remind me. Do you know how much I’ve been trying to keep that out of my mind? Thanks for reminding me,” Youngmi informed her sister with clear sarcasm in her tone.

“Don’t worry, this year will be different. You really need to have a bit of fun when you’re at high school. It’s when magical things happen,” Bomi exclaimed reminiscing the old days as she placed the food on the table.

“Also, stop following those rules of yours. They are so stupid,” she added.

“Unnie, high school is a waste of time and I don’t want to waste my energy on things I dislike. I’d rather sleep all day and hibernate. Also, those rules are not stupid since it helped me for the past 2 years and I like it that way,” Youngmi informed her sister as she stuffed food in .

“You do know that you're not a sloth right? You sleep and eat and that's it,” Bomi said resting her hands on her hips.

Youngmi couldn't care less, if she's a sloth then she shall be a sloth. She looked at her sister then shrugged.

Bomi stared at her in awe then it turned into a disgusted expression as she smelt the whiffy smell that came from her younger sister.

“What?” Youngmi asked curious to why her sister was looking at her like that.

“When have you taken a shower?” Bomi asked crossing her arms in front of her.

“Um….. last week,” she mumbled looking down feeling embarrassed trying to grab another piece of bacon but was slapped away by her dispelased looking sister.

“No more for you until you take a bath.” Bomi eyed her pulling the plates of food away from the latter.

“Unnie,” Youngmi whined.

“No,” Bomi spoke sternly.

“Whatever, you better make sure that there are still some for me when I come back.” 

“Sure sure, just go before you stink up the place. The new kid will be coming down,” Bomi informed her sister.

Youngmi rolled her eyes and left the room with her things in hand thinking about the new kid that lives across from her. 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

Youngmi came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her hair drying it, fully casually dressed. She walked to the kitchen and heard a familiar voice, it wasn’t her sisters though, it was the new kid.

Youngmi then walked in the kitchen and found her sister talking to the new kid that lives across her. Walking up to them, she eyed the new kid and sat down on a chair then taking her gaze away from the latter she then moved her attention to the waiting food.

Grabbing a piece of bacon, she started eating again completely unfazed of the two pairs of eyes examining all her moves.

“Youngmi-ah, this is Luhan your new neighbour,” her sister introduced, giggling like a little girl.

“Hello,” he greeted her.

Youngmi looked up at him and nodded acknowledging his existence. She didn't want to come off rude, the least she could shrug his way to try to seem nice. Shrugging was the best and the nicest way she could say hello to a person she doesn't know.

She might seem like a total to you but you clearly haven't seen what real es are, monsters they are. Well she kind of is but you see she saves her energy for better things and he wasn't that special. Not to her anyway.

Bomi hated how her sister acts with new people, wait no, everyone she meets. She’s always y to them and Bomi wanted her to make new friends so Bomi thought of making Luhan her new friend.

Bomi grabbed the plate while Youngmi tried picking another piece of bacon. She loves her bacon. A little irritated, Youngmi tried getting another one but her sister took the plate away from her.

“Come on, what is this?” Youngmi glared at her sister.

“Okay, you’ve had enough. Go help Luhan unpack his things upstairs since you don’t have anything to do anyway. Go,” her sister pointed out at the door wanting her to leave.

“Fine,” Youngmi whined getting up from her seat giving Luhan a cold glare but he was unfazed at her actions and kept smiling at her.

“This kid is pissing me off already.”

“Come on new kid,” Youngmi instructed walking out of the room. Luhan then followed and bowed at Bomi who finished eating the bacon that was left.

Youngmi grumpily walked up the stairs still fuming with anger that her breakfast was cut because of the prick behind her.

They then arrived in front of the room.

“What do you need help with?” Youngmi asked looking at her nails uninterested.

“Um, you can bring the boxes inside.” Luhan instructed giving her another creepy smile.

Youngmi eyed him and grabbed one of the boxes and heaved it up. She then went inside placing it on the floor. She did that for most of them and looked at the new kid that called himself Luhan.

“Are you not doing anything?” she asked getting irritated at the smile that he kept giving her and on top of that he has been staring at her the whole time. Creepy much.

“Nope, you said that you were going to help so I let you,” Luhan informed her.

Sighing, Youngmi dropped the box that she was holding with a loud thud.

“You creep me out. Can you stop smiling like that please? Also, stop staring at me,” she said.

“Why? I like smiling and I like staring at you. Is that a problem?” he asked.

“Yes, it is a problem.” She pointed at him. “It’s annoying and you’re annoying.”

“And you’re a ,” he retorted her a smile.

Scoffing, she flicked him on the forehead and left the room.

“Bye Youngmi-ah!!!” he smiled waving at her as she crossed the corridor.

She glared at him in anger and slammed the door shut. She then heard footsteps coming from the stairs and readied herself from the beating that her sister was going to give her. After a few seconds of bracing her self for the worst she heard the loud pounding on the door.

“!”

“Kim Youngmi! Come out right now!” her sister yelled from the other side of the door.

She meekly opened the door a bit and poked her head through the crack giving her sister a big smile.

“Yes?” she asked acting like she didn’t know what happened.

“What did I tell you?” Bomi asked.

“Not to slam the door shut since it might break like last time.” Youngmi answered quietly looking down so she doesn't have to see her sisters disappointed face.

“Then why did you do it?” Bomi asked.

“The new kid pissed me off. He called me a . Can you believe that?” She explained to her sister, glaring at Luhan.

“Is that true?” Bomi asked looking at Luhan who looked innocent as ever in front of his door.

“Of course not. I was helping her with the boxes but she insisted on doing it by herself but it was too heavy so I grabbed it from her and she stormed out getting angry,” Luhan explained clearly lying looking innocent with his big doe eyes.

Youngmi widened her eyes at the lies that Luhan was feeding her sister. What the hell?

Her sister glared at her as she walked away.

“No dinner for you tonight.” Bomi informed her.

“NO!!!! Wait, let me explain. He was lying. Come back, I want to eat dinner.” Youngmi cried kneeling on the floor pleading her sister as she walked away not looking back.

After Bomi left their sight. Luhan laughed at the puny creature in front of him meaning Youngmi.

“Hahaha, in.” Luhan mocked moving closer to her.

“I hate you. I hate you!” she spat clearly angry at him.

“I love you too,” he said to her with that same creepy smile.

“You’re the death of me.”

 

 



 

Authors Note:

Here is the first chapter of my new story. I hope you like it. I know that it's not that good but I hope you still like it.

Don't forget to COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE and UPVOTE! Do share it around among your friends.