~Chapter 34~

HOW TO SURVIVE HIGH SCHOOL with Luhan

 

 

You and I - IU

 

 

 



 

 

Authors POV

 

The next day Youngmi woke up to a sudden knock in her front door. She was still groggy from waking up in the early morning on a Saturday but also very happy from the kiss that was shared with the guy that lived across from her. No biggie. She stood up and tied her hair messily in a ponytail and answered it, mind you that her heart was pounding in her chest thinking it was Luhan. Then a thought came flashing in her head, the thought of Luhan just forgetting everything that happened the night before scared her for some reason. That would have if he did. What if Luhan was actually drunk last night and forgot everything?

She opened the door and there was Myungsoo in his pyjamas, tank top and pyjama pants. His hair was like a nest and his face was bit bloated from just waking up. He looked like a lost child with his lost looking eyes and he also had a stuffed bear in his right hand while the other was rubbing his left eye. He yawned and smiled at the same time, he literally looked like a five year old. "Good morning Myungie," Youngmi asked, "How is it going?"

"Good morning Youngie," he greeted like a five year old. He waved and smiled with his perfect set of white pearly teeth. "I'm good," he answered.

After a few minutes of standing a few feet away from each other, Youngmi finally spoke due to the lack of words spoken between the two students. "Why are you here?" she bluntly said, cutting to the chase. Youngmi thought Myungsoo looked cute with his jammies on in front of her but her patience was quite short and even though he was cute and adorable she didn't have time to just stare at him in the early morning of a Saturday. She really needed to eat breakfast. The monster in her stomach felt like it was clawing her insides and it was not a nice feeling. Food was needed and Myungsoo looked like he had no intention of moving.

"Bomi noona needs you. She's spazzing on the floor again and I don't know want to do so I came here," Myungsoo told her. She sighed and rolled her eyes. What happened now? "Also, I have more info on that stalker you have so talk to you later." Myungsoo ran to his room and slammed the door shut leaving Youngmi confused.

"Okay then..." she mumbled. Youngmi locked her door and glanced at Luhans door, feeling her blush creeping to her cheeks, before walking downstairs to check on her sister. Taking care of her sister has become a real problem for her just because of a guy. Youngmi still haven't even met the man and she of course had to meet him before judging if he was a great choice for her sister. The Kim sisters had to look for each other.

Youngmi opened the door and walked towards the couch where Bomi was laying on, twitching and spasming due to some reason unknown to young girl. "Unnie, what happened?" Youngmi asked. Bomi looked at her sister and smiled like some possessed girl and shakily pointed at the unusual looking box on the coffee table. Youngmi opened it and found a dozen of chocolate, the good kind, and a note saying: "Sweet things for a sweet lady." Youngmi gagged after she read the note from the corniness of it. Why would anyone from the 21st century to still say those things? It gave her shivers all around her body just thinking back about the note.

Youngmi glanced at her sister and shook her head. Her "illness" had gotten worse from the last time Youngmi had seen her with it, much worse. Before, Bomi would just say incoherent words and jump up and down non-stop and a few cases of spasm were present but not as huge as the ones that was happening right in front of Youngmi. She must be really in love with Myungseon if she acted like that. Let's just hope he's not leading her on.

"Hey Youngie, did you know that Myungseon and I are going to go on a date today. Aren't you excited?" Bomi said looking like she calmed down a bit as she sat up properly. Youngmi knew her older sister was containing her excitement from the way she was sitting and how her hands was gripping the skirt that she was wearing really forcefully. And also, Bomi had a crazy fan girl expression in her face with the double sized eyes like it was about to pop out of its sockets and the creepy grin that could make all babies cry.

"No I'm not excited. I haven't even met the man and when did he ask you out? It's 7 o'clock in the morning," Youngmi asked.

"He came this earlier this morning to ask me out. I'm so happy I could die," she said dreamily. "Do you want to come and help me pick an outfit? Please?"

Picking out an outfit was not something Youngmi was looking forward to early in the morning, at 7 o'clock. She would rather eat and stuff her face than picking dresses with her sister. She loves her sister very much and she loved it her sister is back in the game but food sounded much better. "No thanks," Youngmi declined quickly. Bomi smiled mischievously towards her little sister as she creeped towards Youngmi. "Come on. Please? It won't even take long. Just an hour and then I'll cook the best breakfast you'll ever eat in your life. So how about it little sister? Wanna do it?" Bomi said.

Youngmi thought about it. Like seriously think about it. An hour of saying yes and no to things she disliked and helping her sister for a wonderful feast that she can eat wasn't a very bad deal. It was actually a great deal but then she could have just asked Luhan to make something for her like before or make Myungsoo deliver food to her because she's the head in charge like that. He thought if Luhan got her a bit red but she quickly pushed it away so she could think clearly about the offer made by her older sister. Luhan can be just be somewhere lurking in her mind for later on.

"Come on baby sister. I know you want to. Youngmi, it's food and I know you like food," Bomi teased and Youngmi was itching in her seat scrambling her head to find the right answer. "Come on Youngmi. Do it for me. This is the last thing I will ask you to do. Please?"

"Fine. Come on!" Youngmi grumbled and walked towards the bedroom. Bomi clapped and squealed toward her bedroom as she couldn't believe that her sister and she are bonding for the first time over something girly and not food. It was great.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

Youngmi sulked on her sister’s bed as she watched her very happy older sister twirl and swirl in front of the mirror with another type of dress for the five billionth time from the past two hours of the agreed one hour. Youngmi felt cheated, and robbed of her eating time. Food could not wait and Bomi lied to her about spending an hour with each other but that was an hour ago. Her stomach monster was grumbling and she just wanted to crawl into a ball and just die of hunger.

"Unnie, come on. It's already been two hours, just let me go outside and feed me! Please! I'm begging you! LET ME EAT!" Youngmi was on the floor, crawling and begging on her hands and knees on the verge of dying. She just wanted breakfast and the kitchen with everything she needed was just a wall away from her.

Bomi giggled and twirled one more time in front of the body mirror completely ignoring her overreacting sister that was sprawling on the ground as if she was getting her life force right out of her body. She even had the gasping noises as if she was out of breath but Bomi knew that it was all false and just let her sister do her thing. No one could stop Bomi from picking the best dress for the might be best days of her life, not even her own sister. They get very selfish when important matter comes into the picture.

Looking at her older sister, Youngmi shifted her gaze on to he exit of the room and made a run for it. She crawled more like. Even though she could still properly run to the door and just go outside like that, she decided to crawl there and acted like she only had a few breaths left which she didn't. Crawling to the door took longer than actually running there resulting for Bomi to be able to run to the door and lock it before her younger sister could escape. "Is this one nice?" Bomi asked pointing at her dress that she wore. Youngmi was on all fours staring at her sister, pleading for food.

"Is this nice?" Bomi asked again. Youngmi sighed heavily and answered her sister with a yes and a nod. "Do you think this is perfect for tonight?" Youngmi just glared at her sister and then dropped on the floor completely ignoring her sister.

Bomi sighed. "Come on Youngmi. Do it for me, please? This is the only time I'm asking you for a favour, just try at least? I promise I'll cook just help me please?"

"Do you really think he's the one?" Youngmi asked. Maybe it was the thought of Bomi leaving her that scared her the most but if Myungseon was the one that made her heart beat then it shall be it. She couldn't do anything to stop her own sister, Bomi had a life too and if letting go was going to be her happiness then Youngmi would gladly do so. It was hard but she'll try, for her sake and for her sisters.

Bomi nodded. "Every time I look at him I feel new. I feel like all my troubles just suddenly vanish and I feel like I'm free again. Even though I don't know him that well I know in my gut that he's the right one for me," Bomi said with a smile on her face.

Youngmi looked at her sister’s face and saw the answers for her questions. It was enough for her. She couldn't tie her sister down any longer and shackle her from happiness. It's been too long and Youngmi knew that long ago but she just couldn't accept it but when she saw that determination on Bomis face, she knew she had to let go of everything.

"I'll help," Youngmi said standing up. "Properly this time so take that dress off and try the pink chiffon dress earlier. That dress - she pointed at it- looks ugly on you."

Bomi smiled and gave her sister a hug. Youngmi hugged back and one single tear escaped and flowed down her face and was quickly wiped away as Bomi gave Youngmi a kiss on the cheek.

 

 

 

 


 

 

Hiding My Heart - Adele

 



 

Youngmis POV

 

I watched as unnie got inside Myungseons car and I felt like I was one of those mothers who watched far away as they send off their kid to school for the first time. I felt like crying. I'm pretty sure I was clutching something to release me of the pain I was feeling, I just didn't know what. I went inside the house and headed to the kitchen, head hung low and feeling so I quickly dug in to the food my sister made before she left. Food was my cushion when I felt sad and the level of my sadness was very high and also Luhan, he too was my cushion but I didn't want to cry to him after the kiss. It would have been awkward, for me it would.

As I ate my feelings away I heard the door open but I ignore it. It would only mean that it was Luhan or Myungsoo and it was Myungsoo. He looked the same as me, depressed and all. He looked like he didn't clean himself at all from this morning. I looked at him and urged him to eat his feelings away with me and he did. I watched him eat and I wanted to ask him about his problems but the food was too delicious to stop and talk. We ate in silence but the atmosphere turned awkward so I talked first and asked him what was wrong. He shrugged it off and kept eating. Since I didn't want to press on any longer I asked about the victims of the note sender.

"So anything on the note sender?" I asked before putting fried pork with sauce in my mouth. Myungsoo looked up at me and swallowed what was in his mouth before speaking. "I made a list of everyone who has gotten the notes and I thought that we can investigate them and ask questions and stuff. Maybe they can help us," he said while I nodded to everything he said.

"Maybe someone has seen the guy in the act," I said hopefully. He nodded and smiled. His smile made me smile and it quickly got me out of the dumps. I really thank whoever is up there that he gave me friends. Thank you Lord or whoever is up there. “Maybe someone knows who it is.”

“If I ever find that person I will snap their neck right away. Why would this guy even do this? I promise you Youngmi I will make them pay.” He was dead serious. His face showed everything, his hands were even clenched as fists and it scared me a little bit. I didn’t know that Myungsoo was a very angry person but he was. It pained me to see him like that, it was my fault for bringing him into my situation but I had to. I grabbed his hands and opened his fists. I saw he had nail marks on his palms due to his strength. Thankfully, he softened at my touch. “You don’t have to do that. I just want everything to stop and that’s it,” I said.

He was about to protest but I squeezed his hands and there he stopped. I let go and started eating again, the talk made me hungry but it also made me think of my sister. I remembered how after we picked her dress she quickly ran outside and started cooking. It made me guilty how she would always do everything for me yet I couldn’t even do anything right. Food really was the best choice to cover up my depression.

“Hey.” Myungsoo nudged me. I was spacing out for a few moments but the nudge helped me come back to my senses but I was still thinking of my sister. Was she having fun? Was the guy being a ? Should I punch him on the face? Is he the one?

I looked at Myungsoo and a light bulb lit up in my head. Why have I been so dumb? Myungsoo and Myungseon are brothers then he should practically know the ins and outs or his older brother. Let the interrogation begin!

“Hey Myungie,” I started. He looked up at me and tilted his head. “Let’s cut to the chase. Does your brother like my sister? Answer me carefully because if you don’t I’ll be the one to snap a neck.”

“Don’t worry my brother really likes your sister. I’m pretty sure he’ll ask her to marry him soon. He hasn’t stopped talking about her since they met. Apparently there were sparks everywhere,” he answered but he didn’t sound pleased. I didn’t know why. Maybe it was because of his brother leaving him like my sister leaving me if they get married.

“Are you serious?” I was just so happy for her. She’s going to get married, hopefully. I could practically feel my grin next to my ear. I couldn’t wait to tell her the news but when I was about to hug Myungsoo and jump around with him in glee he walked away. I was curious to why he was so depressed but didn’t really ask. He walked out and I quickly ran after him to ask him a question.

“Is the plan still on for Monday?” I asked. He nodded and sadly left. Why was he so sad?

 

 

 



Authors Note:

 

Here you go guys! I hope you like it. Thank you guys so much for commenting. I really love readinng your comment and I promise I will reply to all of them. I promise! So do comment! LOVE YOU ALL! unedited.

 

*Qestion/s of the Day*

Why is Myungsoo acting so depressed?