~Chapter 22~

HOW TO SURVIVE HIGH SCHOOL with Luhan

Touch - Miss A Remix

 



 

Youngmis POV

 

The first part of the day went by normally for the three of us. Luhan and I walking together and Myungsoo behind us, we would always speak loud enough for him to hear therefore he could join our conversations. In other peoples perspective it looked like we were being retarded but we were not. It was hard but we had to make it work. Myungsoo and Luhan knew about my rules and they were kind enough to sacrifice a little bit of their consideration for me. Kim Youngmi the only person who shouldn’t get it.

The first period went quickly, just like a snap of a finger. The second period was the same. It ended quickly before I knew it. Things seem to have taken a fast track and half of the day went by me without even me knowing. Little did I know I was already in front of my locker staring at it idly waiting for something to happen but nothing?

It was lunch and I was famished. I could have eaten a horse with a side of donkey and a stack of hay as greens but I knew that I only had a sandwich and needed to buy something from the school cafeteria to satisfy my thirst that made my throat into its own Sahara desert.

I found myself standing in front of my rusty uncool locker. I opened it. It was the same after I left it. The note hidden in my bag creating a lump inside my bag and my scattered books and stationary everywhere and my plain locker door with no artistic elements to it like other students had. You can say I wasn’t the most creative person in that department.

While others decorated their locker with idols or hot actors or y models in lingerie or bikinis or even ripped out pages from a ographic magazine, I had nothing. It was always the same old blue rusty paint job with some scribbles that I thought was graffiti when I started at LOEN P.A.H.S because I thought it was cool. How naïve I was back then.

My mind went back earlier that morning and how I found the note. Why me? Why? Didn’t they have anything better to do than trying to threaten me? Myungsoo was just a friend I would gladly share him with everyone else.

All through from earlier that morning to through to the lunch break my mind would keep coming back to the thought of having someone knowing me, and my friendship with Myungsoo. The plan was already shot down even after a few weeks. The plan that I always thought was bullet proof was quickly denied by this mysterious person who knew me and Myungsoo, I wish he or she would just get hit by a car or something.

Knowing that someone knew me and my friendship with Myungsoo is a huge predicament for me if I ever wanted to be left alone and this weird mysterious person who threatened me just made things a bit difficult in my part and maybe Myungsoo too because of being popular and stuff.

I took my lunch and then closed my locker. I rested my back on my locker and waited for the two. After a minute or so they came, they were galloping towards me while making wolf noises.

I looked at them and slapped my forehead then covered my face in embarrassment. They were annoying and embarrassing.

They got to me and they were puffed out and exhausted. Who wouldn’t be when they ran full speed from their class which was at the end of the school building to the other end?

“How was your exercise for the day fatties?” I asked. I had a playful smile on my face and raised my brows at them.

“That was fun,” Luhan commented smiling at Myungsoo. Myungsoo then nodded back.

They were childish. They were the type of people I truly despised yet I was friends with him. I could call myself a hypocrite. I’m sure I was.

When I looked at Myungsoo I thought of the note. I started thinking about if I tell him about it or not. At first I thought it was just a prank but the more thought about it, it became so realistic to me.

“Hey Myung,” I said. He looked at me and tilted his head a bit.

“Does anyone call you oppa at school?” I asked. I was getting a bit heated in the face and a bit fidgety. I always hated being in the spotlight.

He gave me a smirk, the playful one. I instantly knew that he was going to be a smartass about it. He said, “Every girl in the school calls me oppa. I mean who wouldn’t?”

“Well, that was a waste of time.”

“No, but seriously,” I said.

“Seriously, everyone does except you,” Myungsoo told me.

“No, I mean has there been anyone who sticks to you like some blood leech who calls you oppa whenever she comes near you? Someone who doesn’t accept a no for an answer when you push them away,” I said. I tried really elaborating on this to pin point it on anyone.

“I told you already that all my fangirls are like that description of yours,” he told me.

“Fine.” I puffed out a big heap of carbon dioxide into the air and walked off to the cafeteria while they called out for me to wait for them which I did not do.

I guessed that I had to find this girl by myself.

I arrived at the cafeteria with my sandwich in hand and the two idiots already heading outside to our spot.

I joined the line and waited to get my tray. Thankfully the line decreased quickly and I finally reached the stacks of tray. I grabbed one and saw a piece of paper stuck on it. I then instantly felt wary of my surroundings again just like this morning.

I looked around scanning the room to see anyone looking suspicious but sadly I did not see one suspect.

I was afraid of opening the note so I stuffed it in my pocket and ordered quickly. I paid and ran away with my food in hand and the note crumpled in my pocket.

I stopped at an empty hallway and leaned on a white brick wall. I breathed heavily after my run and cautiously took the note out of my pocket. I noticed that my hand was shaking as I held it up. I gulped and opened it.

It read:

How is it Youngmi? Do you know me yet? Better find me soon.

xoxo,

Your worst nightmare

I closed my eyes and heaved a sigh. My heart was racing. I did not know why but it did. I smelt trouble.

 

After the next few days the notes finally stopped arriving at my locker and various places and I felt relieved somehow but deep down inside I knew that the more dreadful notes are coming.

I came prepared. I thought I was.

It was again a Friday night, implying that it was another movie night for us. It was again rounds of Harry Potter because of not being able to complete what we wanted to accomplish from the week before.

The only difference on this night was that actually with us for most of it, he stayed but he left after just a few minutes of the fourth HP movie. I knew it but his father ordered him to go so therefore he had to. His father is scary. I thought it must have been about the arrange marriage debacle.

If it was me I would have gone ahead with the plan, at least the thought of being with someone who at least would be there when I die was reassuring. I don’t care if no one loved me, I know no one would, and as long as someone was there to witness my death would be enough.

Luhan and I again turned my sisters little and comfy abode into our magical fort, the fort where I ruled, the fort where we could be childish again. Also the fort for watching movies that I have already watched about a million times, Luhan not included.

It was about ten past nine when Myungsoo finally came back from another one of his arranged dates to find the best candidate for his marriage.

He looked quite ecstatic yet again. He greeted us and sat down next to me on my left while Luhan was on my right lying on his stomach. I had a bowl of cheese flavored popcorn right in front of me and Myungsoo grabbed a handful before settling down.

“So what happened?” I asked without even gazing at him, my eyes were fixed on the movie that was playing in front of me.

“I got an idea,” he said happily.

“What idea? Luhan asked getting to the question I was going to ask.

“I have this plan to just tell my lovely yet unbelievable father that I already have a lover and don’t need to get married,” Myungsoo said.

“Where will you find your destined lover?” I put a dramatic tone in my voice and I placed the back of my hand on my forehead for effect, still without looking at him. I had a smile though. I was still captivated with HP that I could not even look away for just a moment. I head Luhan chuckled but I didn’t look, I was too preoccupied with the life changing movie franchise ever.

“I thought maybe you could help?” Myungsoo said. I could hear hesitance but he went along with it either way.

That got my full attention and Luhans too. I could see his reaction in the corner of my eyes. I grabbed the remote and paused the movie. I looked at Myungsoo with deadly eyes.  Eyes that would kill.

I crawled towards him, my eyes set on my prey. He backed away getting scared. I felt like catwoman. I said, “Do you think your father would be happy if he finds the corpse of his lovely lovely son sprawled in the door step of your house?”

I was really trying to make every word I spat at him to be deadly and full of dark intents. He was scared, I mean really scared. He was shaking and nearly wet his pants but Luhan stepped in by pulling me away from Myungsoo.

“It was just a thought!” he said, he straightened himself up.

“Don’t include me in anymore of your plans unless you want to be castrated.” I crossed my arm looking displeased but I was happy inside that I got to scare him. The perks of being Myungsoos friend are hilarious.

“Fine,” Myungsoo pouted. He really is a cry baby.

“Maybe you can use Luhan…” I playfully suggested. I was evil.

I saw Luhans face drain of colour, it was sad yet amusing. I just waited for Myungsoo to go along with it and take my bait and make Luhan suffer. I am so evil.

As soon as I turned my gaze from Luhan to Myungsoo I rolled like a buffalo, literally. He took the bait.

Myungsoo had his eyes gleaming like the shiniest star in outer space. It was full of hope and joy. He was sitting on his knee and had his arms clenched on top of his lap leaning a bit forward towards Luhan who moved away. Myungsoo had a smile that could make anyone smile even me; he made me roll like a buffalo.

“NO!” Luhan said sounding mad.

I finally stepped off my high horse – high from laughter – and giggled a bit before talking.

“Come one Luhan, just try it out. You can be like gay lovers and Myungie can tell his dad that he’s actually ‘gay’ so Mr. Kim can lay off Myungsoo for once… hmm?” I tried really hard to convince him but it wasn’t working.

“NO!” He barked. “I’m not doing anything, it would be better if it’s you and Myungsoo… right Myung?” Luhan looked at Myungsoo who still had that look of hopefulness in his face.

“I don’t care. Just help me get away from those dates and hags,” Myungsoo said.

“Why? Luhan you have to do it for s and giggles. It would make me so so happy!” I cheered throwing my hands in the air.

“Please?” Myungsoo pleaded. He had the pout on. . I always fall for the pout.

“God? Are you there? If you are then why are you letting me do this?”

I cursed myself inside my head. It was a full on beating for the option that I was going to take. I should have done the beating to myself in real life not just inside my head, yet I still chose that option.

“Ugh! Fine…” I said. I dropped on the blankets and grabbed a pillow and tightly death hugged it in front of my face while rolling back and forth groaning for some apparent reason.

I heard Myungsoo jump up and down squealing like a little girl who just watched a new MV of her favorite group. At least someone was happy, wait no, at least both of them were happy leaving me by my own.

 

I slept that night with worry in my mind. Worrying about what would the next note would say? Even though there haven’t been any notes from the last one I knew it would come with a punch, a hard one.

I lay on my bed looking up at the ceiling. It was the same, white colored. I seemed to have been staring at it for a few minutes until a knock on the wall helped me get back to my senses. It was Myungsoo from the other room.

“Thanks for this Youngie,” he said, just loud enough for me to hear properly.

“No problem Myungie,” I replied.

No problem for him but more problems for me: The notes, the unknown person, being Myungsoos fake girlfriend and Luhan.

“How will I be able to graduate with all these things happening around me?” I asked myself while looking out the window to see the beautiful stars that twinkled and shined like they were the most beautiful things that ever lived.

 

 



 

Authors Note:

I feel so sad that you guys don't comment that much. I guess you guys are the silent readers.... huhuhu.

 

*Question/s of the Day*

Actually, it's going to be the other way around this time. You have to ask me a question and I'll answer XD

Comment to ask below.

 

If you have the time please, upvote if you can. Thank you XD