~Chapter 8~

HOW TO SURVIVE HIGH SCHOOL with Luhan

Butterfly - K. Will

 



 

 

Authors POV

 

“Hello, I am Myungsoo.” He greeted. “I am Park Myungsoo.”

Everyone went quiet and sat down on a free chair near them as they eyed the president who looked presentable just like a school president should be.

Youngmi eyed him from top to bottom with a blank expression on her face. She didn’t look interested at all making her roll her eyes as he talked to everyone in the room who seemed to look at the guy in awe.

“BORING!”

“Woah, our school president is so cool.” Luhan whispered nudging Youngmi on the arm using his elbows causing her to give him a deathly glare since she looked really uninterested and Luhan wanted her to pay attention to what Myungsoo was saying.

“Welcome everyone; today we are just here to introduce the president and vice-presidents of each class. I will start and vice-president will go next. After that the freshmen will introduce themselves then the juniors and the seniors last.” The school president announced looking around the room with a smile on his face.

“Hello, I am Park Myungsoo the school president of this year. Nice to meet you.” He introduced himself to everyone.

“Hello, I am Jo Hyuna the school vice-president. Nice to meet you all.” She introduced standing beside the school president.

“Hello, I Kim Sunil the president of F-1. Please take care of me.” A guy said looking nervous as he introduced himself. The girl next to him stood up and introduced herself.

After finally introducing everyone else it was Youngmis and Luhans turn to introduce themselves. Luhan stood up with a smile on his face but it turned into a frown as he looked at Youngmi who was taking a nap beside him peacefully.

Everyone had their eyes on Youngmi who napped peacefully on her desk. Luhan nudged her trying to wake her up but she wouldn’t budge, it seemed like she was never going to wake up.

Luhan then spoke after everyone’s attention turned to him.

“Hello, I am Luhan S-12’s class vice-president and this girl next to me is Kim Youngmi who is the class president.” He announced looking at everyone.

“Can you please tell me why Ms Kim Youngmi, the class president of S-12 sleeping?” Myungsoo asked looking displeased.

“Well, you see she just came out of the nurse’s office and she didn’t feel well so I let her rest. Is that okay?” Luhan lied. He knew that Youngmi wasn’t sick, she was just bored and wanted to sleep.

“Well then, you have to tell her what we have discussed today in your own time. Is that understood?” Myungsoo stated sitting down on a chair.

“Yes sir.” Luhan shouted saluting to him making all the girls giggle at his actions.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

“Unnie, I’m home.” Youngmi announced as she opened the door of her sister’s home.

“Finally, I’m home.”

“Where have you been? Why are you late?” Bomi asked as she emerged from the kitchen as she wiped her hands with a cloth attached to her apron.

“Oh, right. I was in a meeting today since I am the class president.” Youngmi shrugged watching the television as she flipped through the channels trying to find something interesting to watch.

“What?! You’re a class president?” Bomi exclaimed as she ran to her sister in glee.

“The creeptard nominated me today and everyone agreed.” Youngmi replied turning the T.V off seeing that nothing interesting was on.

“Isn’t that good, you can make friends from that.” Bomi said smiling at her sister.

“I don’t want friends.” Youngmi firmly said.

“Whatever, suit yourself. Where is Luhan?” Bomi asked knowing that Youngmi won’t change her mind even if Bomi has to tell her sister a million times.

“I don’t know where that guy is, he was behind me a minute ago.” Youngmi replied laying down on the couch. “Maybe he went to his room.”

“You should be nicer to him you know, he’s just wants to be friends.” Bomi told her.

“But he’s creepy and weird and I don’t want friends.” Youngmi whined trying to make her sister get her point.

“You’re being judgemental; just try to be friends with him. Can’t you at least try for mer?” Bomi said fluttering her eye lashes.

“Fine, I’ll try.” Youngmi mumbled.

“As if.”

Bomi then left the living room but before that she tapped Youngmi on the forehead giving her a big smile.

After a few minutes Luhan came inside the room with a smile on his face. He looked at Youngmi and gave her a wave and headed to the kitchen.

“Weirdo is back.”

“Hi, Bomi noona.” Luhan cheered.

“Hey Luhan, can you do me a favour?” Bomi asked looking at him.

“Sure, what is it?” He asked grabbing an apple on the table and taking a bite off of it.

“Can you go to the store and buy me some ingredients that I need for dinner tonight?” Bomi asked cutting pieces of vegetables on the chopping board.

“Yeah sure, I have nothing to do anyway.” Luhan answered taking another bite of the apple.

Bomi took out her wallet from her apron and handed the money to him while she told him the ingredients that she needed for dinner. Luhan listened carefully while taking bites off of his red juicy apple nodding at what she said.

He emerged from the kitchen with empty bags in hand and his wallet on the other, with the apple clamped in his mouth. He walked past Youngmi who stared at him as he left the house without giving her a look or a goodbye.

“Bye Luhan, be careful!” Bomi yelled from the kitchen.

“Where is he going?”

Youngmi stood up from her seat and walked to the kitchen curious to why Luhan left with bags in hand. She sat down on one of the chairs and looked at Bomi while Bomi danced around the kitchen like she normally does.

“Unnie, where is the creeptard going?” Youngmi asked drawing circles on the table.

“Oooooh, are you worried about him? Bomi teased leaning on the kitchen counter top with a knife in hand as she wiggled her eye brows at her sister.

“No, I just wanted to know where he went.” Youngmi shrugged looking at her sister with that ‘really’ look.

“Whatever, he went to go buy groceries for dinner. I need more so I asked him to get me some.” Bomi answered looking at her sister.

“Really?” Youngmi asked excitedly standing up from her seat. Bomi nodded and from that Youngmi ran out of her house with a huge grin on her face looking for that certain creeptard.

“Muahahaha, I can finally get my snacks!”

“What was that all about?” Bomi mumbled shaking her head with a smile on her face.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

Luhan was about to go inside the store but was immediately stopped by a random crazy girl who was running and screaming his way. He looked at her direction not sure of who it was, he threw his apple core in the bin and waited till the girl emerged from the shadows. It was Youngmi in her school uniform looking really tired and out of breath.

“Lu-han.” Youngmi panted resting her hands on her knees trying to catch her breath.

 “Hey, what’s up?” Luhan greeted giving her a wave.

“Ho-w mu-ch d-id my si-st-er gi-ve yo-u?” She panted.

“About 80 000 won, why?” Luhan answered looking at weirdly.

“Good, that’s enough.” She smiled grabbing his hand and dragging him inside the store.

“Yah, what are you doing?” Luhan shrieked as he was pulled inside the store without knowing anything.

“Shut up or else I’ll cut your balls off.” Youngmi threatened glaring at him with a smirk. Luhan stiffened and ceased talking letting her drag him inside the store.

Youngmi took one of the trolleys and pushed it towards Luhan asking him to push it for her since she’s too lazy. He took it without saying anything being cautious of when she might go crazy and attack his lower regions.

Youngmi walked around the store with Luhan behind her pushing the trolley while Youngmi threw food in it. She looked at one of the packets and threw it in without any care in the world. Before they knew it the trolley was full of junk food and unnecessary things and the ingredients that Bomi needed was not inside or anything remotely healthy was inside.

“I need this, I need that. That looks nice so it's going in. Yup, that one too.”

“Yah, Youngmi. What is this?” Luhan asked grabbing a pack of unknown food.

“It is food and I need it.” Youngmi replied grabbing it from his grasp.

“Do you really need all of this?” He said looking at the amount of food in the trolley.

“Yes, so shut up.” Youngmi barked making him roll his eyes at her childishness.

“Come on, we still need to get the ingredients for dinner tonight.” Luhan said pushing the trolley to the vegetable isle.

Youngmi followed looking uninterested as she watched Luhan pick out vegetables before placing it inside the trolley. After he finished getting all the ingredients they headed to the check-out counter.

The cashier greeted them and they started placing the grocery on the counter top. The cashier then started scanning all of it.

“Come on lady, I want my FOOD!”

“Is it alright if you could put all the vegetable in a separate bag from all the junk food?” Luhan asked nicely.

“Sure.” The cashier smiled.

“That would be 79 000 won please.” She said smiling at both of them.

Luhan grabbed his wallet and paid the cashier. As he was about to grab the grocery bags Youngmi bet him to it and ran out of the store like a child who just had too much sugar in her system. Luhan grabbed the bag with the vegetables in it and walked outside after saying his goodbyes to the cashier and apologising for Youngmis behaviour.

“Now, let’s us go home my babies.”

“Yah, Youngmi be careful where you’re running.” Luhan yelled from behind walking behind her.

“I’m not a baby.” Youngmi yelled back as she ran with the bag of groceries in hand smiling at them.

Youngmi ran as fast as she could towards the dorm house but little did she know that there was a little rock that was on her way that she didn’t see. As she ran she accidentally stepped on it and stumbled to the ground while the bags of grocery flew in the air. She hit the ground and groaned at the process from all the pain she felt.

“OWW!”

“I told you to be careful.” Luhan yelled running towards her as she sat up carefully groaning.

Youngmi looked at herself and found the bruises and the scratches along her legs and arms and the bleeding cut on her knee. She looked at it and looked at Luhan who started picking up the food that dropped out of the bags without looking after her first.

“He doesn’t even care.”

Finally after getting all the food that flew out of the bags Luhan walked straight towards Youngmi who sat on the ground looking at him with three heavy bags in hand. He placed it down and kneeled in front of her.

“Are you okay?” He asked concerned about her. He looked at her bruises and scratches and the blood that ran down her leg.

“I’m fine.” Youngmi said trying to stand up by herself but she failed as she felt the pain that came from her knee. Luckily Luhan was there to hold her up before she could hit the cold hard ground again.

“I told you to be careful.” He said helping her up on her feet.

“I know, you told me already. You don’t have to baby me.”

She stayed silent and watched Luhan crouch down in front of her looking at him quizzically.

“What are you doing?” Youngmi asked at his sudden kindness.

“Hop on.” He urged her waiting for her to hop on her back.

Youngmi hesitantly rested her body on his back linking her arm around his neck carefully without choking him. After a few more seconds of getting comfortable on his back he stood up carefully as he held her legs in place.

“Are you okay?” Luhan asked smiling at her. 

Youngmi nodded and there Luhan started walking towards the dorm house with Youngmi on his back.

Youngmi watched Luhan as he walked with her on his back and the three bags full of groceries in hand thinking he might be having trouble.

“Are you okay?” She asked.

“Don’t worry, I’m fine.” Luhan assured her with a smile.

“Maybe I can take one of the bags if you don’t mind.” Youngmi said.

“If you want.” He said stopping for a moment to give her the lightest bag in his hand.

“How’s your knee?” He asked.

“It’s fine. It stings but it is okay now.” She replied looking at the dorm house that emerged as they turned the corner.

They walked through the last block of houses and finally arrived in front of the dorm house but before Luhan could go inside Youngmi said something unexpected to him that she nearly didn’t want to say.

“Thank you.” Youngmi whispered into his ear making him stop in his tracks to let the words sink in. He smiled and kept the words safely locked in his heart.

“No problem friend.” Luhan replied smiling at her.

“Friend, that doesn’t sound too bad, does it?”

 

 



 

 

Authors Note:

Hey guys. Here is the chapter that you have been waiting for. 

Sorry to tell you that the Myungsoo is not Kim Myungsoo from Infinite. He is just an OC but do not worry since the REAL Kim Myungsoo is one of the main characters in this story so you just have to be patient and wait. Okay!! 

As you can see that I have placed a song on all my previous chapters so do tell me if you like it or not. Also recommend me any songs that you want to be placed on the future chapters. That would be great.

 

*Question/s of the Day*

Are you like Youngmi who sleeps when there is something boring at school or anywhere else? 

Do you go crazy when you buy groceries? I haven't really done that since my parents will scold me. I want to though.

Do you like the music that I placed on top? 

Comment below to answer.

 

Don't forget to COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE and UPVOTE and SHARE!!