~Chapter 26~

HOW TO SURVIVE HIGH SCHOOL with Luhan

 

Sweety You - Urban Zakapa

 



 

Authors POV

 

After dinner Youngmi waited outside for Luhan to take her to get the promised ice cream. That was the only thing she had been waiting for after dinner; even Bomis desserts did not excite her as much as the awaited ice cream.

But after four hours of tiresome waiting for Luhan to take her out that night she finally gave up. She waited for him for four hours but she concluded that his offer was false and maybe fell asleep and forgot about their plans. Who would blame him right? Everyone would eventually just forget about her like before.

So after a few more minutes of thinking she eventually decided to but her ice cream for herself. If no one would buy it for her she would just buy it herself. She was old enough to be lurking around the neighbourhood by herself at 11 o’clock at night. No one would dare to even come close to her at night.

Youngmi walked to the side walk in front of the dorms and gave it one last look before she left to the convenience store and muttered, “Luhan, you !”

Youngmi was too occupied with muttering to herself of Luhans downfall that she missed the presence of an unknown man following her to the convenience store. She kept muttering: “Luhan is annoying and he should die. Luhan broke his promise. Luhan made me sadder and should just jump off a cliff.”

The footsteps of shoes and pavement meeting each other was loud enough for the whole block to hear but Youngmi was oblivious to it, she still kept thinking of how to plan Luhans downfall. She was in her own little world even when she might die soon.

Youngmi unknowingly passed a few more dim lit streets and she could the last corner of her journey to finally reach her destination when she finally heard what it seemed to her like thundering footsteps of giants behind her coming closer and closer.

At first she thought nothing about it until the footsteps quickened as she passed the corner wall. She quickened her pace too. There she could see the lights of the convenience store, the safe haven of her trek through the dark and dangerous lands of her neighbourhood.

“Oh my goggles! I am going to die.”

Youngmi felt like looking back at whoever was behind her but she couldn’t do it. She thought that if she looked back it would have been some urban monster that would eat her and when it tried to chase her she would trip over and meet the end of her life. She did try peeking but she was too much in distress of getting kidnapped that she failed at doing so.

“I am going to die! I know it.”

Youngmi was nearly there, she only needed to cross the crossing and she’d be safe inside the store but getting there was going to be a feat.

The light just turned green and she knew that it takes 50 seconds for it to turn red but she was only a few meters from the crossing. If she stops then it would be the end. She had to make a decision of running for it or getting kidnapped.

The lights turned red and all the cars stopped. Youngmi took that chance to make a run for it like her life depended on it which it actually did.

She could hear the person behind her do the same but luckily she got a few good meters lead from him because of her sudden early start.

Finally Youngmi reached the store and ran straight to the counter scaring the lady due to her sweaty and scared face, she also panted hard and her hair was stuck on her forehead which multiplied the scary factor.

Youngmi smiled at the lady and gave a bow and was greeted with the same. She sighed and looked outside the window where the man who wore a hood was standing there looking through the newspapers.

He was wearing a green hoodie that covered his facial features but it was clear to Youngmi that he was about in his late 20’s and early 30’s. He was about twice her size but she didn’t know if he was really muscly or just really fat due to his large size. She hoped for fat because she guessed that fatter people couldn’t run as fast as her. She on the other hand at running too. At that moment she really contemplated that she should have ran more in class.

Youngmi left the counter and headed to the back of the store where the ice creams were held. Even though Youngmi was afraid for her life she still wanted an ice cream. Ice cream is what she wanted and that was what she got.

Now the only thing that she needed was how to get out of there alive. She obviously couldn’t tell the lady since she looked fragile and old and that would be so much effort. Luckily she had her phone with her.

She looked through her contacts and only found three of them. Bomis, Luhans and Myungsoos were the only ones that were there other than the food shops that she had on speed dial.

She thought of ringing Myungsoo but she didn’t know where he was, she thought about ringing Bomi but she was already asleep so she rang Luhan and hoped for the best.

It rang a few times until Luhan answered.

Luhan: “WHERE ARE YOU?!”

Youngmi: “What?! What do you mean where am I?”

Luhan: “WHERE ARE YOU? I have been looking for you.”

Youngmi: “Why?”

Luhan: “What do you mean why? I was going to treat you ice cream remember?”

“So he didn’t forget about me?”

Youngmi: “So you didn’t forget about me?”

Luhan: “Why would I forget about you? I promised didn’t I?”

Youngmi: “Yeah, you did.”

Youngmi could feel a smile creep into her face while she looked at her ice cream in hand.

Luhan: “So where are you? I’ve been looking for you after getting Luxin to get to bed. He’s so hyper it took me about 2 hours to make him go to bed then another hour to sleep.”

Youngmi: “So that’s why you took so long..”

Luhan: “Yeah, sorry about that. So where are you?”

Youngmi: “I’m at the store…”

Luhan: “Why? Are you alone?”

Youngmi: “Well I thought you forgot about me so I left by myself to get ice cream and now some guy is following me and I am scared that I’m going to die and yes I am alone so can you come and please help me?”

Luhan: “YOUNGMI! What is wrong with you? You do know that you’re a girl right? I don’t care if you think that your ugly – which you’re not – that no one would come close to you because any dangerous person out there wouldn’t care if a girl is pretty nor ugly! You got that?”

Youngmi nodded.

Luhan: “Got that?”

Youngmi: “Yes, so can you please come now? The lady here is cleaning already and it’s nearly midnight which is the closing time. Luhan please come quickly.”

Luhan: “Don’t worry, I’ll be there soon. Just hand tight and act normal.”

Luhan was just a few blocks away from where Youngmi was and as soon as he placed his phone back to his pocket and he bolted towards the store.

After a few minutes he finally reached the store and he could see the guy reading the newspaper outside the store. He acted normal and slipped inside the store and headed to the counter.

“Excuse me. Have you seen a girl come here about a few minutes ago?” Luhan asked the lady at the front.

The lady looked at him and pointed to the direction of the back of the store where the freezers are.

He bowed and left. He walked there while looking around the aisles trying to find her.

“Youngmi?” he whispered.

“Luhan?” Youngmi said standing up from the corner of the store. Her eyes looked wet like she’s been crying.

Youngmi ran towards Luhan with her arms wide ready to give him the biggest hug she ever gave someone. Luhan let out an oomph when Youngmi finally crash hugged him but he hugged her back.

"I'm here," Luhan chided.

"Thank goodness, I thought I was going to die today."

"Not in my watch," he replied.

"So have you picked an ice cream yet?" Luhan asked.

"What about the guy outside?" Youngmi asked.

"Don't worry about him, I'm here remember?”

Youngmi nodded and headed to the back of the store to choose even though she already bought and ate a few due to fear but he didn't have to know.

"I'll go with the cookies 'n' cream for today," Youngmi said grabbing one.

"Good now let's go," Luhan said.

"What about you?"

"We can share right?" He smiled at her and patted her head.

She nodded and blushed a bit.

They headed to the counter and paid and bid farewell to the lady. They walked out and quickly took a glance at the guy who still read the newspaper who waited for Youngmis departure.

They walked away side by side and the unknown guy followed them. It seemed that he didn't get the idea that Luhan was there with Youngmi. He could see Luhan but it didn’t bother him.

"He's still following us.." Youngmi whispered.

"I know. Let's walk for a bit and if he doesn't leave I have a plan, okay?" Luhan asked. She nodded in response and they both continued walking.

Luhan kept taking glances at the guy behind them and made himself a barrier between Youngmi and the guy for precautions.

"He's not leaving," Youngmi whispered.

"Well I have a plan but you need to be cooperative okay?" Luhan asked.

"Okay." She nodded.

Luhan grabbed Youngmis wrist and they both looked at the guy and the guy abruptly stopped in shock. Luhan intently looked at him while Youngmi went behind Luhan with both of them now holding hands.

"Excuse me but do what is it that you want?" Luhan asked holding Youngmis hand tightly, his eyes full of strong desire to make the unknown man go away.

The guy looked flustered and stuttered a few sounds but kept quiet after.

"You are making my girlfriend distressed so please state why you are following her? If you have anything to say to her then please tell us now so we can leave." Luhan could feel Youngmi tugging at his hand at what he said.

He whispered, "You trust me don't you? Then follow my lead."

Youngmi kept quiet and stayed behind Luhan.

"H-ho-ow d-do I kn-ow th-at you-re h-his b-o-yf-f-fri-end?" The man stuttered pointing at Luhan.

Luhan nodded. "You want to see proof then I’ll show you proof."

Luhan moved Youngmi right in front of him so the man had a great view of what he was about to do. Youngmi furrowed her brows and stiffened when Luhan placed his hands on her shoulders to put her in place. He leaned closer and whispered, "You trust me don't you?" - She nodded - "I'm sorry if your first kiss isn't with someone you love."

Youngmi furrowed her brows more until she felt a pair of lips connect with hers. Furrow brows no more but wide eyes replaced it. She stayed still and waited for Luhan to halt their kiss but in her mind she didn't want the feeling to end.

In her mind she wanted to grab his hands that held her in her spot and never let him go. She never wanted that feeling to go away since in her mind it was fixed that she would never experience another kiss again. Like other girls she is insecure of what she does with herself.

It felt like the time stopped for Youngmi and Luhan. It felt like nothing ever mattered in that shirt span of time when they kissed. The man beside them felt like one of the hundreds of audience at Luhans and Youngmis production and they both were the main lead. People were just watching them do their last final scene, the kissing scene.

Luhan unconsciously closed his eyes at their kiss and opened it after pulling away from the still shocked and shaken Youngmi. He looked at the man and glared at him.

“Proof enough for you?” Luhan asked.

The man ran as fast as he could into the dark night of the dark neighbourhood. For some reason he was screaming for help.

Luhan smiled as he watched the man run away, his deed was done.

He felt Youngmi tug at his hand so he looked back at her. She had her head down while she played with the ends of her shirt that she was wearing.

“Come on. You’re ice cream is melting,” Luhan commented.

“Right.” She nodded and opened the ice cream tub container and ate it while following Luhan back to the dorms.

Youngmi took a spoonful of the ice cream and placed it in and left it there while walking. Luhan who was in front of her stopped and looked at her and her heart beat was just about to calm down but after doing that it sped up. Damn you Luhan.

“I want my share,” he said so he grabbed the spoon out of and took a dollop of ice cream from her hand and placed it in his mouth and left it there. Youngmi just stood there about to die as she overheated of anger? Embarrassment? Shyness? Who knows..

 

 



Authors Note:

Hey guys... I'm sorry if I couldn't update yesterday since I was away from my house the whole day but I hope you like/love the kissing scene. I got this idea from an anime and I jsut had to use it. Can't believe Luhan kissed (inderectly kissed her) Youngmi again! FLUFF is just ugh..

 

*Question/s of the Day*

Who do you want Youngmi to end up with? Luhan or Myungie?

Answer wisely. I feel evil.

Comment to answer below guys.

 

By the way guys I'm going to leave AFF soon and I might not be able to finish this so.. heads up...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Joking <3 I love you guys too much. It's a false alarm. I LOVE YOU GUYS! 

This would be me if I leave AFF.

ioD3j9g.gif