~Chapter 32~

HOW TO SURVIVE HIGH SCHOOL with Luhan

Rose - Lee Hi

 



 

 

Authors POV

 

After the said agreement between Luhan and Youngmi, Luhan was quick on his feet whenever he got the chance to see Youngmi just for sole purpose of asking millions and millions of questions about her problem and it drove her up the wall and it had only been four days.

It was day three, Youngmi and Luhan walked side by side towards the school. While Luhan shot questions at Youngmi along the way like a machine gun, question after question, Youngmi could only answer and roll her eyes. It was taking Youngmi great lengths not to punch him square on the face just to shut him up.

"Oh god! Please don't tell me that-" Luhan said, trembling on his spot.

Youngmi stopped and look at him with her right brow up. Crossing her arms, she asked, "What is it?" Luhan was still standing there, looking in shock, trembling in his boots/shoes.

"If you ask me if it's about having a harem then no! I've told you countless times that it's not about harems or having multiple boyfriends and some nonsense you out of your mouth," she continued. Luhan looks at Youngmi and clutched onto her hand, not too tight or else he'll get a beating.

"Are -breath- you -breath- pregnant?" Luhan asked like it was the most terrifying thing he could possibly imagine.

"You ! No, I am not pregnant!" Youngmi pulled her hand back and slapped Luhan across the head, groaning in irritation and frustration. "Why would you even think that I'm pregnant? Don't even say that I'm gaining weight because I will ing cut you in half like a ing twig."

"Gawd, you are so violent. And no, I didn't think you're pregnant because you're getting fat, I just thought that you and Myungsoo did a little bit of... you know -wink wink." Luhan smirked at her.

"You are disgusting! Why would yo- how can yo- what the actual Luhan?! Why would you even think that? That is disgusting," Youngmi said feeling shivers from head to toe.

Luhan shrugged and stood there, tapping the ground. Exasperating a sigh, Youngmi gave up and walked away from Luhan. He, on the other hand waited there for a few moments and followed Youngmi towards their school.

While Luhan had that light feeling whenhe walked on the stone pavements that headed to the school, Youngmi had a different feeling about her. Her steps were heavy and full of irritation; she looked like she's going to crack the pavements in half just by stepping on them. She must have be really annoyed and Luhan was the reason.

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

During lunch, Youngmi ate in the cafeteria, the same cafeteria that she always hated for its noisiness, for its disgustingness, and for its popular people-ness. She hated it but she found herself eating in one of the tables, the mucky and dirty tables, with Sungjong, her new best gay friend. She didn't really have a gay friend before but she would always call him that.

She had her own lunch with her, as per usual, but Sungjong shouted her ice cream sandwich instead of eating no dessert after lunch. Apparently, if one does not have dessert after lunch, one will not taste the fulfilment of lunch, according to Sungjong so since then, Youngmi has eaten a type of dessert every time she ate lunch.

Youngmi and Sungjong were side by side, a few inches away from each other, a part of the line that was formed as students waited to be served. As per usual, Youngmi could hear the casual 'Why is she with Sungjong oppa?' chatter amongst the school population but shrugged it off since Sungjong said so. If she doesn't do anything then they won't do a thing, it was the way of life.

Finally, both students reached the expressionless canteen ladies but they both smiled at the ladies and ordered two ice cream bars and one ice cream sandwich. Youngmi frowned but stayed quiet behind Sungjong as he paid for the desserts. While leaving the premises, they both waved goodbye and amazingly the ladies waved back with a smile. Youngmi followed Sungjong towards their table and sat next to him, placing her lunch in front of her, smiling and waiting for the food to fill her hungry stomach.

She dug in without any hesitations and kept quiet to herself as Sungjong ate his ice cream bar. "Aren't you eating lunch?" she asked, looking up at him, stopping her movements. He looked at her and he had that are-you-serious expression making her frown at him, asking what? "Are you going to eat something not dessert-y?" she pestered on.

He snickered, quickly covering his mouth to trap her growing laugh. "No, it's like a Friday, I don't eat on Fridays." Sungjong answered like she knew the answer already which she didn't because that was the second time they hung out in public, at lunch.

"I'm waiting for tonight, I'm having dinner with Myungie again," he said, fanning himself. Youngmi giggled and took another bite of her lunch before speaking: "I see. Where are you going tonight then?"

Sungjong had that smile where to everyone around him think like he lost his mind but he was just imagining his 'date' with Myungsoo. "I don't know but it's going to be fun anyway....." Youngmi could see saliva glistening on the sides of his mouth and quickly pushed him before he could get engrossed in his imaginations.

"Yah! Stop thinking about him and talk gossip!" Youngmi couldn't wait for another round of gossip from Sungjong. It has been their 'thing' whenever they hang out, Sungjong always knew what was going on around the school and Youngmi wanted to know everything about everyone, even the teachers.

There was that one time where Mr Smith, the American English teacher, was seen with Ms Go, the Science teacher, leave a store room together looking flushed and dishevelled. God knows what they were doing at a 2 meter by 2 meter room but the students who knew about that time might have a little something mind. Another gossip that Sungjong told Youngmi was about the school President and the Vice President finally getting together. Everyone in the school knew about the two liking each other but they were quite dense for them to realize each other’s feelings. There were a lot more gossip that circulated around the school but most were not as important.

Sungjong cautiously looked around the cafeteria and slid closely next to Youngmi, and whispered, "Well, I don't know if this is true or not but apparently there is this person who sends people their secrets or something like that. Some people even got threats but my sources told me that it's just secrets that are being delivered so whoever is sending those uses what they know to blackmail the victims. It's scary right?" He pulled away and ate his ice cream.

Scary it was, frightening even. So the person who has been sending Youngmi notes wasn't only targeting her but everyone else which was a very scary thought.

Youngmi could literally feel her blood freeze; her palms started sweating so much that her utensils slipped from her grip. She was lost in her thoughts, thinking and thinking of possibilities that could have happened to her.

What if the sender could use their information against Youngmi? What if the sender told everyone about her fake relationship between her and Myungsoo? Then that would mean trouble, and trouble means getting in right into the clasps of high school. If things get out of control then she wouldn't be able to leave high school unscathed, and that was the thing that scared her the most.

Sungjong looked curiously at her and nudged her on the arms to gain her attention but she was frozen. "Mimi-ah... Youngmi?" He pushed her a bit but nothing. "Kim Youngmi!" He yelled right next to her ear and the sudden, loud noise finally brought her back. She looked at Sungjong and the tears that were forming on her eyes were unnoticed.

Sungjong knew something was wrong but had no clue to what the problem was. As soon as he was about to touch her arm, she flinched and stood up abruptly and she left the scene, running without looking back. Sungjong sighed and stayed, knowing that she wanted to be alone due to her state.

 

 

 

 

******

 

 

 

 

Even though Youngmi was scared of the new information that she acquired, it was still vital information to find who culprit was. As soon as she had the right head to finally think properly she called Myungsoo to meet her in their hide out. She ran towards the back of the school and missed that Luhan was actually following her.

He moved like a ninja behind her, rolling around the corridor floor, hiding behind lockers and hiding behind trash cans. Luckily for him, Youngmi was too engrossed on getting to her destination so quickly that she couldn't hear his loud grunts as Luhan tried rolling on the floor like a ninja. He sounded like a cat getting hit by cat then set on fire.

She arrived at their spot and Myungsoo was there too, standing alone, waiting as he bit his nails in anticipation for Youngmi. As soon as he saw her, relief over comes his body and he relaxed. Youngmi was out of breath but the information she had was too important to be stopped by breathing, breathing comes second.

Luhan watched behind the tall grass, listening and eavesdropping on the two students. He could only hear faintly but it was better than nothing.

Youngmi spoke the whole time, as if she was explaining things to Myungsoo while he stood there, nodding and saying his yeps and mhms. Finally, she stopped and waited. Myungsoo's face lit up like fireworks, he had something in mind and Youngmi knew it.

"Isn't this great?" Myungsoo asked, grabbing her hands and squeezing them. "We can investigate other victims and if we have enough evidence on this douche bag then we'll get him."

Youngmi smiled at his idea. Even if it wouldn't work, they still had a source to where to start their search when before, they didn't.

Luhan finally understood everything. The note! It was the note. A smile etched on his face as his mind went to work and his smile turned into a goofy one when he remembered their bet. Getting a kiss from Youngmi again was something he was looking forward to and of course, he also wanted to help find the bastard who has been hassling Youngmi. Someone is going down.

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

Youngmis POV

 

After lunch, Myungsoo and I talked more about my predicament in class due to both of us being in the same class. Thankfully, Luhan stopped pestering me and finally calmed his but I had a feeling that it wasn't going to last long.

For some reason on that day our teacher took the class outside and does some weird experiments outside. I was so happy that she did that since if she didn't Myungsoo and I would have texted each other the whole class since no one could see us together.

When we finally settled outside, everyone scattered around the school and Myungsoo and I found a place to quietly talk. It was somewhere secluded and quiet, we were behind a bush, crouched down, whispering to each other.

"So where did you find the info from?" Myungsoo asked me, he looked so determined it was so scary.

I said, "Sungjong told me about it. Since he knows what's going on about everything about everyone, his source told him about the notes but he doesn't really know much about it. Maybe tonight, you can ask him about it. You know when you have your date."

He sighs. "It's not a date. It's just a get together," he said to me. I nodded and patted his shoulder with a sarcastic expression. Sungjong totally wanted Myungsoos D, it's not even funny. It was his mission to actually get his D.

During class, we stayed behind the bushes talking about our plan, about what we should do and not do.

The notes that I received in the past two weeks have started becoming repetitive and getting very creepy, before they were creepy but it started to become /really creepy. For example, a few days ago I received a note that said: "I think you should stop eating ice creams every day. Myungsoo oppa doesn't like fat girls." I was shocked that they insulted me again but the thing that separated that certain note to others was that the person attached the ice cream wrapper on the note.

After school I headed home alone since Luhan was somewhere being a dumb or something. It was fine anyway, it’s not like I missed him or anything….. I think… Fine, I did but I didn’t miss his nonsense about our agreement… I hoped that he stops pestering me about so I don’t have to do anything but I did want to kiss him.

I arrived home and I quickly head inside the kitchen and you wouldn’t even believe what I saw.

I ran to my sister as she spazzed on the floor with a pool of drool on the next to her. It was disgusting but she’s my sister so I had to do it. I helped her up and she started laughing like a maniac and she was still spazzing in my arms. She is a scary person.

As I looked around the room, I finally saw the cause of her craziness? It was a bouquet of roses on the floor and a smile emerged on my face. Whoever sent those roses must have been the cause of my sister’s shock. I made her sit down on a chair and slap her face slightly trying to get her back from her world.

“Oi! – slap – Yah! – slap – Unnie! – slap – Bomi! He’s came back!”

She jumped up onto her feet and moved her head from side to side trying to look for him. I didn’t even know what he looked like. She was so happy that I was waiting for her head to do a 360 degree turn and start making gurgling noises. She looked like a squirrel on crack.

“He’s not here,” I told her. She looked at me like she was about to kill me but she softened up when she saw the roses on the floor. She picked it up and smelt it.

“Youngmi. He proposed to me.”

I fell on the floor spazzing.

 

 




Authors Note:

Unedited but will do it later. 

Wow... Myungseon proposed really quickly.... He must really love her... then what about Myungsoo? I sense trouble.

Also, I will start updating my other story after 500 million years of hiatus. Please have a look at it, here!