~Chapter 35~

HOW TO SURVIVE HIGH SCHOOL with Luhan

When I Was Your Man - Lunafly Cover

 



 

 

Youngmis POV

 

During half way of the movie marathon of comedy films I was watching to keep myself entertained -since Luhan wasn't there to entertain me- Bomi unnie finally came home. It was about 11 pm when she came home and she looked like she was the happiest girl in the whole world, I'm pretty sure she was. The smile on her face just told me everything about her date. I was glad that she finally found that person who could make her whole and I was very pleased and happy for her.

She came in and sat beside me in the couch quietly but I knew she was about to burst in happiness and just start jumping off the walls. I guess you can say that I knew somewhat she was feeling, the feeling of happiness that cannot be explained, the feeling of freedom like no one could ever stop me from doing whatever I could, the butterflies in the stomach was just unexplainable. Luhan was the cause of those feelings and it was addictive and I couldn't wait for more but we're friends.

Bomi unnie started talking about everything of everything, from the way Myungseon smiled to the way he would touch her hands while they ate to the way he would rub his neck when he gets embarrassed. I zoned off a bit when she started talking about what he was wearing and what he was doing but as soon as the word 'food' rolled out of she instantly got my attention. Sadly she didn't mention anything about the food and kept talking about how perfect her date was.

"Unnie," I said gaining her attention. She finally stopped talking about him. "What would you say if he asks you to marry him?" I wasn't hinting anything at all.

"I'd say yes in a heartbeat!" She exclaimed in pure giddiness. Youngmi patted her sisters hand and winked at her making Bomi flush.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

Thankfully, Haerin was in one of my classes on Monday meaning I could interrogate her but the trouble is that she doesn't know I even exist. I obviously couldn't just go buddy-buddy with her and start asking her random questions unless I have help. I knew how she looked at Myungsoo, the longing glances around the corridor and the cafeteria and those little hand gestures that was supposed to be a wave. I knew all those things from being observant if everyone. While they didn't know me I knew them like the back of my hand. That was the advantages of being a wall flower. I kind of missed the feeling of being a wall flower.

Like every other girl in the school -except me plus Sungjong- was infatuated with Myungsoo and what would be the best way to get Haerin talking is by using Myungsoo, right? I'm so evil. Luckily, Myungsoo was in my class too, well he transferred for the day just for the sole purpose of getting her to spit everything out but in a mellow kind of way because we're nice like that.

We were in the gym for Physical Education and my class just started a break due to the back breaking and sweat pouring game of volleyball and guess what it was girls versus boys and of course we got flogged by the oh so gentlemen-like boys. Also, Luhan was supposed to be in the class but I haven't seen him since the kissing incident. He was nowhere and I got worried but back to the main point, Haerin.

Myungsoo and I were a few feet apart sitting on the bleachers, resting. We took a few glances at each other giving signals to start the plan since Haerin was practically in between both of us just a few steps forward drinking water with her hair clipped up like usual. It looked nice on her, the hair clip and all. It gave her a personality. I looked at Myungsoo again and gestured my head towards Haerin telling him to initiate the plan but the little turd just did the same. We did the head pointing thing for quite a while making us look like broken retarded flamingos doing their head boggle thing. We looked like a pair of weirdos which we were, a bit and even I felt like a weirdo.

Finally, I decided to do it myself because Myungsoo was too much of a sissy to do it. It was really scary like my heart is going to burst in fear kind if scary. It was the first time for me to actually conduct a proper conversation with another human being except friends and family. I could hear my heart pounding so loudly that I couldn't hear the group of girls giggling away like they always did during classes or the bunch of hooligans that played an extra game of volleyball which was just too tiring for me to even think about. The pounding of my heart this time was different from the times when Luhan and I touched lips.

As I inched closer to Haerin I could see from my peripheral vision that Myungsoo was snickering at me. It made my blood boil in embarrassment. I put the thought on the back of my mind and kept inching closer to Haerin. Step after step I got closer until I was practically just next to her, my shoulders nearly touching with hers. She didn't even know I was there until she motioned her head towards me where her face was just inches apart from mine and she got scared and jumped in shock. I think I was too creepy that time.

Haerin looked at me wide eyed as soon as she calmed down which was quite quick since Myungsoo saw the whole thing and laughed at us and Haerin was embarrassed so she quickly paid attention to me. I awkwardly waved at her and she did the same. In my head I didn't even know how to start the conversation given that talking to other people was like a new acquired skill that I haven't obviously perfected. Thankfully, she spoke first and saved me from the trouble of stuttering the sentence I haven't even thought of yet. Go Haerin!

"Um.. Do I know you?" She asked meekly. I guess she's the shy and quiet kind of person. "You don't know me but I know you. I know that sounds creepy but I really need to talk to you about something," I said. It must have been weird for her even I sounded weird to myself.

She looked at me weirdly like she was trying to see past what was behind my words. "Can I know your name first?" she asked. I thought about it. I guess it wouldn't kill me if another person knows who I am.

"I'm Kim Youngmi. Nice to meet you," I greeted with a smile. I handed my hand at her and she gladly shook it. "Are you new in this school? I don't think I've seen you before.." she said to me. I guess my blending throughout the year worked. Haerin and u have been classmates since freshman year to junior year to senior year.

I felt like telling her that I've been in this school for just as long as she has but it wasn't really appropriate. "Don't mind that. I came to talk to you about that note you found," I started but as soon as I mentioned the word note she instantly tensed and the ominous feeling of being watched is back again. It's always that feeling that comes when I talk about the note but I got used to it.

She opened to speak but nothing came out and then comes Myungsoo with a big smile on his face like he accomplished something great. He didn't. It was all me. He sat next to Haerin and she instantly froze on her spot as he slung his arm around her neck. 'Smooth Myung' I wanted to say. "Haerin-shii," Myungsoo started. "We know it must be hard thinking about it but can we ask some questions about the note?" He was so careful with her like she was something fragile like a porcelain vase that his mother just bought. She was that fragile.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

"Well that was a waste of time," Myungsoo said as we headed to our new and improved hiding spot. Myungsoo placed a nice little shading right behind the bushes that was low enough for the grass to cover.

"At least we helped her a bit. It's the least we could do for her and her situation." It was true. She looked like she was relieved of her problems.

Our little talk with Haerin didn't really change anything. She didn't know who gave it to her and the notes just stopped after she gave the sender whatever the sender wanted which was confidential according to Haerin. She told us that she didn't see who the sender was and only the notes. It was the same as how I got my notes. It was just randomly there but we had more people to talk to so my hope was still up.

"So who is next on the list?" I asked.

"I think it's.... umm.... Donghoon. The one with a twin." He told me. I now who Donghoon was well I know what he look liked and also his identical twin brother, Dongwoon. The only trouble is that I couldn't identify which is which. "How do we know who is who? They're not really the most cooperative bunch of twins are they? From what I know, no one can tell them apart so how do we know which one is Donghoon?" I replied. Now that got him thinking.

"We can just pay then to tell us the truth. We don't have time to muck around."

"Can't we at least ask properly first then pay with money if it doesn't work?" I proposed. "And also, it's not my money is it? I don't have any." He rolled his eyes at me and told me that he was going to pay for it which made me very happy. My money was only used for food and nothing else.

 

 

 




 

As Long As You Love Me - Lunafly Cover

 



 

 

It was after school when Myungsoo and I finally decided to negotiate with the twins and just as I thought they quickly started playing around with both of us and it was frustrating. I was going to rip their identical faces off and beat them to death but I needed them. We saw them about to leave the gates but Myungsoo quickly hollered them to come with us, mind you that countable students were present in the vicinity.

"Donghoon! Dongwoon!" Myungsoo called. They both looked at him and they both raised their right brows at the same time. Talk about freaky. I think that's why everyone calls them the 'Freaky Twinnies'. Apparently, they can both know what the other twin is thinking and I always called it bull.

"Hey Myungsoo-shii," they both greeted at the same time, in unison without any pauses. Their voices even sounded the same.

"Can we please talk to Donghoon?" Myungsoo asked. I eyed the both of them as they looked at each other. I saw one of them speak and the other nodded. They looked back at us and smiled creepily.

"Which one?" both of them asked. It was already difficult just from the start and it already made my blood boil.

"We don't have time to play your childish games, okay? We just want to ask Donghoon a question," I said. I didn't want to spend too long on them. I knew they were going to play games with me but I didn't care, if I had to do it by force then so be it.

They smirked right at the same time and I had to roll my eyes. "But which one is Donghoon? Me or him?" one of them asked, the one on the right. "Are you Donghoon? Am I Donghoon?" the guy on the left said. They both smiled at us and it made me shudder and the hairs on my arms and legs rose.

I looked at Myungsoo and he himself didn't know who Donghoon was. I tug at his blazer and asked him what to do in a whispered tone while I smiled at the twins a few meters in front of us. Myungsoo s his hands inside his pocket and I instantly knew what he was taking out. I knew before our encounter with the twins that we had to result to paying them but I didn't know when to use it, it was too early but we had no choice.

"If asking nicely didn't work then ill pay both of you for a few minutes of Donghoons time. Just say your price," Myungsoo said. He didn't take out the money but kept his hand inside the pocket. The twins both looked at each other again then laughed like it was the most amusing thing they've ever heard.

"Sorry Myungsoo-shii, we don't sell ourselves like that but we do have time for a little game though," the one on the left suggested.

Before I could say anything, Myungsoo already butted in. "What kind of game?" he asked. They did those lopsided smiles and again, the one in the left spoke.

"It's called 'Dong Who?'. It's quite easy and you get 50/50 percent chance to win the game," he said. Everyone knew about this game but I guess Myungsoo didn't. When I said everyone I meant everyone, it was one of those things that gets everyone's interests and spreads like wild fire or like crazy fangirls looking for oppa. "If you win we will gladly talk with you but you will only have one chance and one chance you will only get so pick carefully."

"Fine, we'll play your little game but be sure to hold your end of the bargain," I agreed even though I knew that no one in the history of knowing the twins actually have gotten the right answer but something was shifty about their game.

"Of course. We always play by the rules," the guy on the left spoke. He smirked. It was always him who does all the talking.

"Then let's play," I said and then they started. They both dropped their bags on the floor and nodded a bit. They were like ninjas, identical ninjas.

The one on the left moved in front of the one on the right and vice versa. They are moving so quick that I couldn't keep my eyes on any of them, they were like blurs and it seemed like they were just fragments of my imaginations at how stealthily they moved. Finally, they stopped without even breaking a sweat or showed any signs of tiredness. That must have been hard. (That's what she said ;D )

Again, the one on the left spoke. "Who is Donghoon now?" he asked, smirking like they won already. I looked towards Myungsoo and he had his mouth gaped open and his eyes twice their size in surprise and I couldn't help but to chuckle.

"The guy on the right," I quickly said and Myungsoo just gawked at me. He did those handy-wandy movements where he couldn't speak proper words so he just ranted with his hands and he looked as if he was being swarmed by bees. I grabbed his face to shut him up and he did.

As I looked back at the guy on the left, his smirk vanished into a small scowl. I knew it. He was Dongwoon but at first I was just guessing and I now I'm certain.

"I'm right aren't I?" I asked with a smile. The air around us grew quiet and Myungsoo and I just eyed both of them. Dongwoon smiled at us and said, "Incorrect." After that he quickly grabbed his brothers wrist and pulled him along, Donghoon bowed his head before being dragged away.

My confidence grew as he bowed towards us because I knew Donghoon had a habit of always bowing to people before he leaves like a year ago when I had class with him, he would always bow to everyone as they past him as they left and he was always so quiet where Dongwoon who I had another class with without Donghoon would always speak and look smug. I had to talk to Donghoon before he could leave so I ran after them and Myungsoo tailed behind me.

"Dongwoon-ah!" I called out and they both looked towards us. "You and I know that I won that game. I know you don't want to talk to me but I have to ask Donghoon something important. Please?" I was pleading so hard. (That's what she said ;D)

"We don't have time for this so just spill it," Dongwoon said looking bitter.

"It's about the note-" I started but Dongwoon stopped me. "We're done!" he interjected.

Dongwoon was going to drag his brother away but Donghoon stood his ground. "Hyung, let me talk to her. It's important." His hands were clenched into fists.

Dongwoon unclasped his grip on his brother and Donghoon said something I couldn't understand and moved forward to me.

"I'll talk to you but only you," Donghoon said. I nodded and we moved into a secluded spot, just the two of us as the other two just watched.

"I don't know what happened but I do know why you need so I will tell you everything I know but before that I have to warn you. I have to warn you about the people you keep close to you; the people you think are your friends. You need to be careful."

I looked at him with many questions running through my head and it was evident on my face. I was speechless and I was frozen. Nothing. I had nothing to say.

 

 



Authors Note:

I am so sorry for such a long wait.. I've been really out of it lately and I promise you don't have to wait to find out who the note sender is who ever he/she maybe.. ;) You will find out who it is next chapter and it's going to be long.. I mean the chapter and I will try adding more LuYoung/YoungHan/LuMi couple in there for you guys.. so don't worry. I'm really sorry for not updating. I hope you comment :)

 

*Question/s of the Day*

Do you prefer for a longer wait for a longer chapter or shorter wait for a shorter chapter?

Do you guys only comment when there are fluff and kissing scenes? 

I've noticed that no one comments when there's no fluffy scenes or kissing ones.. please comment a lot! Thank you to all those who comment every chapter. It gives me so much courage <3 Love you guys.