~Chapter 28~

HOW TO SURVIVE HIGH SCHOOL with Luhan

In Front of the Mirror - Glam

 



 

 

Authors POV

 

Youngmi looked at what it seemed to be her reflection. She knows it's her but she just didn't believe it.

Youngmi stood in front of the full body mirror as she eyed her dress, the one that she bought just a few days ago. She couldn't believe her eyes; she couldn't believe that the person in the mirror was her.

Youngmi had her hair straightened and she had a white lace head band on her head that complimented her dress very well.

"Hey, are you Youngmi?" She asked her reflection. Of course it didn't answer yet Youngmi kept going.

"Why are you so pretty?" She asked herself. Yet again, her reflection did not answer her. Youngmi twirled around once then smiled at herself then twirled again giggling at the same time.

"Hey y, do you want to have a date with me tonight?" Youngmi smirked at her reflection and clicked her tongue while winking at herself.

She stopped smiling and stood up, straight and sighed heavily. "You're lame," she told herself.

"At least you know the truth right?" Luhan spoke scaring her a bit as he stood at the entrance of Bomis room where Youngmi was.

"Better than you ever will be," Youngmi retorted back.

"I'm not the one who talks to herself in the mirror," Luhan smartly replied back to her.

If Youngmi was in any way possible of having a fist fight with Luhan she would have but since she was wearing a precious dress that would probably make her become a e as an occupation in later life if she ruined it just to pay it off then she wouldn't even dared to think of it.

"What do you want? I still need to do some finishing touches so spill it." Youngmi faced the full body mirror and examined herself to see if she needed to do anything to enhance her appearance.

"Right, Myungsoo just called and said that he's going to pick us up in an hour so be ready." Luhan waved goodbye after telling her the news.

She couldn't wait for the party, plentiful of amazing food would be served and she would have it all to herself if she could. She even came prepared; she hasn't eaten anything for the whole day to make room for all the food that she was going to eat. That there is commitment.

Her happy thoughts ended quite rapidly though as she looked at a photo on top of the bedside table making her remember the photo that was taken on Wednesday night.

Why did her life take the path that made her life so worthwhile yet at the same time it made her want to run away and never come back? Life is a .

After doing the final touches to herself, Youngmi left the room and headed to the living room to wait for Myungsoo. You could say that she was very very excited for tonight; I think that was an understatement to what was she was feeling.

"That took a long time," Luhan said as he watched her coming in the room.

"It's hard to always look perfect you know," she joked walking towards the couch where Luhan sat looking amazingly hot in his suit.

Youngmi had to force herself not to stare at him while drooling as she walked towards him yet she did it without being too obvious. Of course she had to take a few hundred glances a second but she succeeded and she finally sat down next to him.

 

"You look really beautiful Youngmi," Luhan complimented without looking at her and it made her look like an ever growing red tomato that was soon to be ketchup splattered around the room.

"Thanks, you look beautiful too," she replied unknowingly.

"Thanks Youngmi, I could have been called handsome but I guess beautiful is good too." Luhan joked but Youngmi didn't seem to get it this time and she quickly became flustered and her clumsiness became apparent.

"That's not what I meant, I was- I was- I was j-jus-st." Youngmi soon gave up at convincing Luhan after hearing him laugh at her.

"I'm just joking with you, yeesh! God, I feel like the dress made you into a girlie-girl. You just started going red and everything, are you all right?" Luhan said.

Youngmi nodded but her face was still red. What was wrong with the blood on her face? Did it really need to go to her face at the same time and just glow or something?

"I feel like if I turn off the light and shut off the blinds you would be glowing red by now. Look how red you are, are you sure you're not going to explode?" Luhan joked more causing her to to explode now in anger with a hint of embarrassment.

"Fine! I'll take it all back. Luhan, you're not beautiful. You happy dickhead?!" Youngmi snapped. It felt like Luhan heard a snap when Youngmi blew up in anger causing him to smile; it was just like Youngmi of before. The Youngmi who would just throw a fit in anything she could fight on. That was more like it.

"Fine! I'll take back what I said too then. Youngmi isn't very beautiful, eugh!" Luhan made a face at her as they started bickering at each other.

It gave them satisfaction that they could bicker and have fun fights together like always and even at the end of their fights they still ended up as friends unlike other people who can't take jokes properly and stay pressed like their mothers new set of ironed clothes.

Soon after a few hundred minutes to Youngmi which was just actually ten minutes, a honk of a car was heard from the front of the dorms which got Youngmi to jump up and down like a fat walrus trying to get food from an elated place. It did not look lady like like she had hoped but as long as it made her happy then stuff being elegant and full of eloquence.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

Youngmi and Luhan were escorted inside the building where the event was held. The driver who drove them to their destination was also their chauffeur and was specifically ordered to take care of the two by Myungsoo himself.

The thought of it all; the chauffeur, the limousine, the dress, the invitation to the dinner party and everything else that Myungsoo had done for her really excited Youngmi, a lot.

The adrenaline that Youngmi felt while they were ushered around the prestigious looking corridors was quite erratic to as it made everything in her body shake and it was just because of the pure excitement for food. She could have cared less about Luhan who seemed to be normal looking as he stayed by her side as they arrived.

Youngmi clutched Luhans arm tightly as Mr Choi - the usher and the driver - welcomed them inside the hall because of the anxiousness that built itself while they walked through the corridors. She needed him there, by her side so he could put a stop to any wall jumping or any table-top dancing that she might have if her feels were not properly contained. Thank Luhan for that.

Not many guests have arrived yet when both of them got there and it made them feel kind of iffy about the whole thing now. Delusional thoughts ran through both their heads as they were guided to their table.

The table was large like the other tables inside the hall, it had the same colour pattern table cloth but it was grander, you could say that the table looked very posh and well to do unlike the other ones around it. It had more expensive looking cutlery and decorations and the chair even looked like it was made or real gold, all nine of them.

As Youngmi and Luhan looked around the room as they sat down, they saw that they could only see young looking guests and that instantly riled Youngmis great imagination.

"Aren't there going to be like old people here? I only see people our age and I was looking forward to pinching old-people cheeks tonight," whined Youngmi, looking around more.

"I don't know, maybe their parents told them to come first or something. Just don't worry about it," Luhan assured her yet he didn't know too.

"Also, you have old people ?" Luhan made a face at her and she shot him a glare.

"It's not a , okay?! Liking old people does not mean I have a for old people!" She barked at him. "You have great fascination with fat kids then why can't I with old people? Huh? Huh? Huh?" She jabbed his upper area while saying 'huh'.

"Ow!" He groaned rubbing the jabbed spot. "Fine, whatever. Geez, I was just joking with you. What happened to you? You weren't like this you know, you were fun before but now you're so serious."

"I liked the Youngmi from before," he mumbled looking away from her.

 

 

 

*****

Lead Me - Sistar

*****

 

 

 

Sadly, Youngmi heard what he mumbled under his breath and her excitement quickly ran away and was replaced with regret and sadness. How could she be the same with him all the time when he practically stole her first kiss and made her feel differently whenever he was close in her proximity?

The two sat quietly on their chairs while the other guests bore holes into them as they all mumbled something each other, mostly girls but some guys too. It made Youngmi tense and feel awkward yet Luhan did not care for all the states and murmurs that they got.

Minutes past and the hall finally filled up but with only young looking guests. Where are the adults? Isn’t this the Kim’s dinner party?

The lights dimmed down and Youngmi shot her gaze to the only light that was seen, it was a spotlight and it pointed right at the entrance of the hall. Everyone’s eyes went to it too and soon the door opened and in came Infinite strutting their stuff looking all hot and stuff, the usual.

All the girls fanned themselves as Infinite strutted to the front where Youngmi and Luhan were.

The gang were properly aligned into a V shape from Myungsoo in the front leading the group and Hoya and Dongwoo at each end of the V. It felt like they were going to start dancing on the spot when they stopped instantly in front of the table where Luhan and Youngmi were situated.

Youngmi and Luhan waved at Myungsoo and he showed a bright smile unlike the other six boys behind them who murmured amongst each other. Myungsoo walked towards stage like thing while the other members sat around the table where Luhan and Youngmi were, it made everything quite awkward for both parties.

The spotlight quickly followed Myungsoo as he made his way to the podium. He held the microphone and tapped cleared his throat before speaking, “I welcome you here today for another great annual party of mine.”

“His party?” Youngmi thought.

“I hope you enjoy yourself like always and enjoy the great food that is going to be served tonight. I hope you enjoy tonight and be a memorable event for all of you,” he said, “SO LET’S PARTY!”

Every guest in the hall cheered and hooted Myungsoo as he came down from the podium and as soon as he stepped down the doors opened from the sides and in came the trolleys and trolleys full of food that made Youngmi drool a little bit but she quickly wiped it away before anyone could see.

Myungsoo went towards their table and quickly sat down with a giant smile in between Luhan and Sungyeol. He felt that the tense air around them as soon as he sat down, his six friends talked among each other while Luhan and Youngmi stayed quiet without looking at any of them. He needed to do something to break the tension that built amongst his friends and he had to do it soon.

“Sooooooo guys!” he looked at his group members and to Youngmi and Luhan. “I don’t think you guys know each other so let me introduce you guys to each other. Everyone this is Luhan, Luhan that is Sungjong, Sunggyu, Hoya, Dongwoo, Woohyun and Sungyeol.” He pointed on each and every one of them as he mentioned their names.

“Hey, you’re that kid that we have classes with right?” Dongwoo asked while wrapping his hands around Hoya’s and Woohyun’s necks to pull them in. Luhan smiled and nodded then replied, “Yeah, I’m in your Geography and Dance classes.”

“That’s great guys but talk later okay? I have another person to introduce,” Myungsoo said cutting their conversation short.

Myungsoo continued, “Everyone this is Kim Youngmi, Youngmi that is Sungjong, Sunggyu, Hoya, Dongwoo, Woohyun and Sungyeol.” They smiled at her sweetly and a nice small blush crept on her face and she waved a bit.

“Myungsoo, we know who they are. Everyone practically does in our school so… it wasn’t really necessary to introduce them to me,” Youngmi said looking at him.

“Well since the tension between you guys finally broke we shall EAT!” Myungsoo announced making everyone chuckle.

Soon the trolleys came and the waiters or whatever they were called – they looked fancier than the normal waiters okay? – came and placed the plates of food right in front of them and they quickly dug in to their meal.

As they ate they conversed amongst each other but Youngmi and Sungjong kept to themselves until Youngmi could see that Sungjong kept taking glances at Myungsoo every now and then and everything clicked in her head.

“Sungjong-shii,” she nudged his foot with hers and got his attention, “Hello.”

“Hello,” Sungjong said keeping it short and continued eating.

“I know your secret,” Youngmi whispered quietly to him.

Sungjong choked on what he was eating and coughed and coughed. Youngmi got a shock and quickly passed it to him without anyone noticing. Everyone else was too occupied with the talk of some celebrity that transferred to their school leaving Youngmi and Sungjong to fend for themselves.

“Thank you,” said Sungjong. He looked at her and asked, “What secret are you talking about?” He looked flustered and he felt hot all of a sudden.

“You have a massive crush on Myungsoo and I totally know it.” Youngmi instantly came out with it. After observing people every day of her life she knew what everything meant. What the looks other gave each other and the gestures. She knew everything about everyone like how the Park Myungsoo has a thing for the vice president and how Hoya has a thing for the girl that was partnered with her for a project the year before.

Youngmi was awesome at this .

“How do you know?” Sungjong asked putting his head down in shyness.

“You are so obvious, like too obvious.” She chuckled.

“But why doesn’t everyone else know?”

“Because they are guys and they are stupid, duh?!”

“True.”

They both laughed and seemed to quickly click, like it was meant to be for both of them to be best friends. Youngmi always wanted to have a gay friend and Sungjong just fit the categories.

Everyone got on pretty well and dinner was spent with great conversations and a lot of laughing and jokes. Luhan enjoyed himself and so did Youngmi. She couldn’t even believe that she has so many friends.

After dinner Myungsoo stood up and walked towards the podium again.

Everyone stopped and looked and waited for him to speak.

Youngmi on the other hand heard a buzzing noise emitting from her purse. She looked at Myungsoo who started talking and made a few jokes and made everyone laugh. She pulled her phone out of the purse and quickly took the call.

“Hello?” she asked holding the phone on her right ear and blocking the left one with a finger to hear the other person better.

“Hello, Youngmi-shii,” the man greeted. It sounded like a man but it was blurred and Youngmi knew that the person used a device to change her or his voice and it was too suspicious.

“What do you want?” she hissed.

“Well I only wanted to say hello. Is that really bad? Fine, ! Well I have watched you the whole night and I have to say, s do really have more than one don’t they? See you soon.”

The person hung up and Youngmi quickly stood up from her seat startling everyone in the group and quickly apologised and told them that she was going to the rest room but actually she wanted to find out who just called her. She looked around as she walked through the series of table.

Then she saw a dark mysterious looking person going out through the exit and she quickly followed it.

Luhan had been listening to their conversation without her knowing and quickly left too after her, he also said he was going to the restroom which was a lie. He sped off the exit and looked for Youngmi.

Luhan walked around the corridors and finally found her standing frozen in the middle of it. He came up to her and placed his hands on her shoulder causing her to jolt in shock. She moved away from him as she looked at him clutching a piece of paper in her hands behind her back.

“Are you all right?” Luhan asked walking closer to her.

“Y-ye-yea-eah I-m f-f-fin-e. Don’t worry about me. Go back and I’ll be right there,” she said.

“Are you sure?”

She nodded and he hesitantly walked back to the hall looking back at her.

Youngmi clutched the note and looked at it. She read it again and can’t help feeling that her life was going downhill and everything just made everything worse.

It read:

I know your secret. I guess little Youngmi isn’t as innocent as she seems.

Your worst nightmare.

 

 



Authors Note:

Hey guys. I hope you like this boring chappie. That stalker is a ! UGH! I hate him/her. Sorry guys, it's not Sungjong. 

This is like 3000 words. My longest one yet. Sunjong is gay! GAY! You already know that so....

 

*Question/s of the Day*

This is a disappointing chappie isn't it?

How do you feel about Myungsoo and Youngmi kissing?

Comment to answer or just say hi once in a while my 1000 silent readers.