Someone Watching Over Me

In Love with A Gay Man

 

Jess’s POV

It’s late night; I walked out the bathroom while drying my hairs with towel. Suddenly, I miss him. I don’t know since when I will start having this habit. After whole day of tiring work, I would sit and holding my locket. Most of the time, I am thinking about him while holding the locket.

I forgot to tell; now I had quit my study and currently working at a café shop. That café shop was owned by my cousin, Amelyn and her husband. Yes! She is younger than me but she married. She married a guy who her family does not approve at the beginning, but their true love proven they chose the right pathway. Now, they lived happily and both side of the families were slowly accepted their relationship. Sometime I really envy her but I also know she have to been through a lot of hardship to get what she had today. She deserves it. Thanks to her, I have a place to at least rest my mind. I did not tell her about the soul exchanging stuff. Whenever she tried to ask, I just ignore her questions. As a nice girl like her, she respects my decision. She knew the incident where my mom found out me and JiYong at home and those kind of… * sigh* I really do not dare to go back to my own house after all this happen. Bet mom still mad about me?! Bet she sure feel I bring a lot of shame to our family?  I sigh heavily and faced the ground until…

“Jess, take this new blankets ya!” her voice snapped me back from those negative thoughts. I slowly lifted my head up, turn back and faced her with a bitter smile. “Nei!” I nodded.

“What’s wrong?” she quickly placed the blankets on my bed and sit next to me. I shake my head and smile “It’s nothing!  Don’t worry!” I gently pat on her head and immediately turn to another direction, hoping she did not find out my sadness.

“Jess…” her voice shaking when she calling me. I knew she is worried but how I suppose to tell her the incident that happened between me and JiYong within this month? Even I can’t believe it. I turn back and look at her. All I saw is her tears rolling down, I grabbed the napkin nearby my cosmetic desk and wiped her tears “Why you’re crying? It’s really ugly, you know? What if your lovely dovey husband come back and saw it? He will dump you, I tell you!” I said with joking tone, hoping it will vanish the awkward atmosphere.

“You know why!” She takes the napkin from my hand and wiped by herself  “Did you really treat me as your best friend and cousin? Why you always bottle up all the pain and problem by yourself?”

“I…I…I’m really fin-” before I completed the words, she cut me off with “You don’t look fine! Not even once!” I know she trying to make me voice up, so I immediately stand up and walk towards the door. However, she did not give up, ran and stand in front of me “If that day me and YongGuk do not met you at airport, you won’t follow us back! You won’t find us, right?” She was right and left me speechless “You always like that! Don’t be that stubborn! You always told me, I’m not alone! When me and YongGuk faced problem, you are the one who help us go through! Now, you faced problem but you hide all of it? Is that fair for me?” her tears drop again.

“Amelyn!” I closed my eyes and turn to another direction. I can’t say a single word by looking at her “I’m sorry! I don’t mean…” I groaned and push her slight away from my way. I walked out to the living room and as expected, she followed me “SORRY?!IS THAT WHAT YOU CAN SAY?” she yelled loud and we heard the sound of door swing open. “Baby?!” YongGuk was back, guess he still confuse about what’s happen while her wife suddenly yelled at me angrily. He look at me, I forced a smile and make an excuse to move to kitchen “YongGuk, you must be hungry already! I will warm up the food for you!” I quickly rush to the kitchen. Amelyn tried to follow but YongGuk stopped her.

No one’s POV

“What’s wrong with you, baby? You never been so angry to Jess!” “She always being that unhappy. I can’t take it! I want to know the reason behind it. I want to know is that guy harming my beautiful cousin! She doesn’t deserve that! ” she was struggling to escape from YongGuk’s embrace for stopping her to come after me. “Baby, Jess is always the strongest, tough girl among us! She won’t tell you anything even you keep on doing this! Let her be. You don’t want to see she leave our house, don’t you?” Amelyn soften her anger “Then how? Do you see her always holding the locket?!” “Oh~ that one always hang on her neck?” “Yeah! Whenever she is sad, then she will hold that! I can’t take to see her like this!” “I remember last week her necklace lost and she was very nervous! She even cried for that, but then when Ah boy found it for her. She immediately smiles like giving lottery! Everyone thinks she is bipolar at that point. Haha~” YongGuk laughed out loudly but when he saw Amelyn fierce glare, he quickly sallow back his laugh. He cleared his throat and ask “That necklace is gifted by who? Her ex? ” “No! How could you all make fun on her?” amelyn slight hit on her husband’s chest and walked to the couch.  She leave out a gasp and sit on it “that is a gift from her father!” YongGuk walk and sit next to her lovely wife with arms wrapped around her waist “Oh?” Amelyn smile a bit and continue her talk “Since Jess was small, she lost her father!  For this you knew it, don’t you?” YongGuk nodded as he continue hugged her and rest his head on her shoulder “That is the only thing her father left for her. She always said she believe in somewhere there is someone watching after her~ I knew she refer to her father! Uncle is a very nice guy, but we do not know why on Jess’s 3 years old birthday, he just disappear! Everyone said he already passed away and even Jess’s mom accepts the fact that he never come back!” YongGuk sit up straight and said “So that is why Jess always treats her necklace more important than her life?” Amelyn nodded and at this moment, Jess took out the food come out from kitchen.

Jess’s POV

“YongGuk, your food is ready! Come and eat!” I said it as if nothing happen before. YongGuk rush to the table and take a deep inhale “Wow!  It smells good! Jess, your cooking skill getting better and better huh?” then he impatiently grab a spoon and taste it “Uhmm yummy!” he said it like a kid guess getting his candy. I smiled at his childish act but the situation turn 180 degree when Amelyn start to talk.  “Jess!” she called. “Yes?” “Look, I’m sorry! I shouldn’t-” I smiled and stop her from talking “Quickly eat if not the food will get cold and I have to warm it up again!” “but I…” she never give up until her words out “I know what you trying to say! Like I said, I’m fine! It’s nothing now!” I smiled. Thus, we sit down and have a nice dinner, forgetting about the incident just happened. After eating, I’m the one who clean up, washing the dishes.  Suddenly, I think of him again.

Flashback…

He shouted at me angrily suddenly and I was shocked. Is he always like this? Being that bipolar? Sometime he treats me very nice and sometime he would just yelled at me. I really don’t know what he is thinking. However, he is right! We should quickly find the second clue for the exchange soul process. I gasp and follow behind him.

We went meet Paris Master. It’s beautiful when we enter his castle, like a dreamland. Well, all of the master lives actually do not exist in our frequency. “Wow, look at the flower!” I pick it up and take a deep inhale. “No!!!” the little witch shouted out loudly behind me and caused me drop it down.  “What the…?” I turn back and look at her with frustrated look. She flies towards me “Never touch or smell anything from here. Is dangerous!” G dragoon walk passed us and smirk “Yeah! Don’t simple take what is beside the road! Don’t you Chinese love to say 路边野花不要采?” Then add up with annoying laugh. Urgh! I hate it! “YA~ MONSTER! YOU…” I wish I could punch him in face but little witch stopped me. Suddenly, the ground move vigorously and caused all of us fall down. “Ocuh!” he screamed. “Where are we now?” I said rubbing my forehead. “Maybe because you pick the flower just now, so we get in their trap!” Little witch said. “WOMEN! UGH!” G dragon said with annoying tone again and keep on search the exist. I can’t take this anymore. What is that expression? What is the word ‘Women! Ugh!’?  What now? Because I’m a woman so he looks me like an idiot? I rush towards him, right in front of him before little witch could ever stop me “YA~ what you mean by ‘Women! Ugh!’?” he smiled and leaned close towards me caused me take a back step when he do so “Do I need to explain?” he said with raising her lips. Slowly he lean more closely to me and I feel my heart beat faster than usual. I immediately closed my eyes so do little witch. Guess we knew what he trying to do.  Suddenly, he flick his finger on my forehead “What you thinking?” then laugh satisfy while walking away.  He did it again! I shouted out loudly “I HATE YOU!!!” he did not look back but raise up his right hand and said “Whatever!”