Birthday Wishes

In Love with A Gay Man

 

When I reached my best friend’s house, dong wook, I quickly knocked his door. While he opens the door, he is still in the sleeping messy look but I immediately bow and said “Sorry, I’m late!”

He yawns and said “It’s ok!” while I walked in, there is no one around. I turn back and look at Dong Wook who about to go back to his room and continue his sleep “Where are others?”

“They-” he stuck with his words. Of Couse, he is! I mean, look at him! God knows what time he went to sleep last night. ‘Ding Dong~’ Dong Wook walk to open the door while I walk to the sofa and take a seat

“Dong Wook!” A bunch of girls come into the house. All my friends finally arrived.

“Jess!”  Ye Jin is the one first on who walk towards me. She hugged me and said “Happy Birthday!”

I was supposed to pretend as I am angry for their late, but one wish just brush all those anger away “Thanks!” I smiled

Sandra, Tavia and Miriam come along and they also wish me “Happy Birthday!” with a hug from each of them

I glared at Dong Wook who doesn’t bother to say anything to me. I was a bit unhappy for that…I mean he is my best friend, how could he ignore me like that? How hard is for him to say a ‘Happy Birthday’ for me? I’m just hoping for his greet but he does nothing and headed himself into his bedroom.

I quit looking at him when Ye Jin said “So, what do you want to eat for lunch?”

“Erm… anything!” I was a bit disappointed with Jay’s attitude.

Dong Wook comes out from his room with casual clothing. “Let’s go out and see what we could eat! I’m starving!” Everyone agreed.

I rolled my eyes again “Whatever!” I said it softly so nobody could hear me. Thus, we go for a lunch at the restaurant where nearby his house. Along the journey we walking back to Dong Wook’s house, I was thinking ‘maybe nobody bother to celebrate my birthday with me? Last year still have him (my ex)’ while I think of this, I immediately pause my thinking and said “assh!”

“What’s wrong, jess?” Tavia asked.

I fake a smile and said “nothing!”

Although I tried to stop my thinking, still it haunted me ‘perhaps I should accept and appreciate the wishing from them enough. Concentrate on work, Jess! You can do it!!’ then without my knowing, I let out “Yes!” loudly

All of them stop chatting with each other and look at me as if I’m a freak. I force a smile and said “HEHE~ continue!”  ‘Phew~ that was close!’ I thought to myself

While Dong Wook opens the door, they requested me to go first. While I go in, I saw a big bag in front of me.  I open it “Oh My Top!” it’s a big teddy bear. All of the girls come to hug me tight and said “Happy Birthday, Jess!” together.  I smiled wide and hugged them back.

“We plan this surprise for you since two days ago!” Ye Jin said.

I bow and said “Thanks!  Thanks!” I run to them and hugged them again. After that, we have some discussion about the school project.

“Let’s go! We’re late for class!” Dong Wook stands up and said.

“Dong Wook, could you fetch me home later?” I asked while walking to his car. I’m the only one who following his car to the class while others going with Ye Jin’s car.

“Anything for you, my birthday girl!” he smiled charming

I look at his face and rolled my eyes “since when you become like that?”

We get in the car and he continues ask “like what?”

“Being so sweet to me.” I look away and pretend I’m mad “not even a single birthday wish, you bother giving me!’ I pouted after the saying

He giggled…I turn back and look at him. I slapped his muscular arms even he is driving. “YA~ it’s hurt! How you suppose to marry while you’re so rude?”

I crossed my arms and look another way “Jess!” he called but I ignore him. “Jess ah~” he rose up his voice this time “You know, right? I don’t like to do whatever others already do for you! I will give you something special!” His voice turns to a bit soft while he completed his last sentence “You just have to patiently wait, my dear!”

While we are in the class, we still didn’t saw the presence of Ye Jin and the girls. For sure, Ye Jin get confuse with the road again. She is always that clumsy and slow.  I keep silence even Dong Wook tried to get me talking with him. Suddenly, another best friend of mine, Megan comes to me with newspaper “Jess!” She left the newspaper on the table while I’m standing up and she hugged me “Hey, Megan!”

“Happy Birthday!” She greeted me “are you having birthday party tonight?”

“Nah!”

“But I thought-” she have a quick look at Dong Wook and look at me again “Oh~ it’s ok! Do you want to have some drink with us tonight in the club?”

Dong Wook have a cough, I mean it’s obviously a fake cough. So I glared at him and smiled back at Megan “Nope! You know I don’t go for clubbing! You enjoy!”

“Oh~ alright then! I love you!” She hugged me again and kissed me on my cheeks

I sit down and stare at Dong Wook fiercely “What?” Dong Wook asked

“Do you hide anything from me?” I keep staring at him and make him scare

“No?!”

“ You Sure?” I look at him and knowing he must be hiding something

“No I don’t!”

“Yes you do!”

“No!”

“Yes!”

We argued like small kids and without knowing Ye Jin and the girls already arrived. Ye Jin took the newspaper and after looking it “OMO, Big Bang is come to Malaysia!”

‘wh-What? Big Bang?’ the words just drag my attention from argument to Ye Jin “What you just said?”

She pointed at the news on the newspaper “Big Bang is back!” both of us are big bang’s fans. I’m obsessed with Top and she fall for G dragon, who I hate most.  “Oh~ my jiyong oppa is coming back! ”

“asshhh….look at his seaweed hair! I wish I could cut it!” I said with annoying tone

“YA~ you don’t know about fashion!” She defend him again

“Hey yo, who you talking with now? Look at me…do you think I don’t know fashion?” I said angrily

“Enough for you both!” Miriam said

“G dragon is good sense in music and fashion!” Sandara said and Tavia, who is her sister continue “Top is also a great charming rapper!”

“good and fair enough?” Miriam asked both of us

We always argue like this but it doesn’t affect our friendship. While class started, both of us still talking about Big Bang and giggling. Dong Wook who sit beside me feel bored, so he took out his Ipad, started to playing game with it. As the class begin to end, it’s already 11, Dong Wook walked out the room suddenly.  I guess he was going to the washroom but then he come back with a birthday cake

Everyone including the lecture are standing up and singing birthday song for me. At that moment, I was speechless and quickly run to Dong Wook, hugged him tightly “Thank you!”

He whispers to my ear “Didn’t I say I promise you before that I would like everyone to celebrate with you?” I nodded and smile

“Quickly make a wish and blow the candles!” Miriam said

I let go off Dong Wook and walk in front the cake. ‘Wish?’ this word flash across my mind and I suppose to remember something but I can hardly recall. So, I plan to do as Miriam said but what kind of wish I want to get?! I was thinking and Ye Jin interrupted.

“Wish me for having G dragon!” She screamed

“Asssh~ you noise!” Dong Wook said while pushing her away from me

‘Maybe I should wishing for __________?’ So I closed my eyes and do as what my mind told me to. I opened my eyes and blow the candles.

Dong Wook

Sandra

Tavia

Ye Jin

Miriam