Chapter Seven: So Why Were You There?

Are We Destined to Be?

I woke up early in the morning. I got found another set of school uniforms beside me. 'Thank you Hyoyeon' I thought. (For anyone wondering how the clothes just appear next to her, they can transport items.)

I put them on and as I did so, I whimpered in pain. I looked at my hand. There was a burn mark on my hand. It must had been from the fire. I tried to heal it with my powers but it was too big and I was too weak from using my power yesterday to save Key and Victoria's sister.

When I got to school, I saw Victoria with Key. I was glad to see him okay. Victoria ran up to me and hugged me in tears.

"Yoona! You're okay! When the house burned down, I didn't see you! I thought you died!" she sobbed, "How did you get out?"

I didn't know what to say. I didn't know how to lie either. I just looked at her. "I..."

Victoria shrugged. "It's okay, you don't have to say. I'm just thrilled to see you okay."

Then, she saw my burnt hand. "Ah! You're hurt!"

She grabbed my hand. She pulled out a tube of something and applied to my hand. I winced in pain. My hand started bleeding again. I was scared.

"Don't worry, it'll go away in a moment. This medicene is really strong." she assured.

The bell rang for class and I headed for my science class. As I walked in, I pulled my sleeve over my bleeding arm. I sat down. I knew Joon had noticed something was wrong. As the teacher talked, Joon kept staring at me.

"What?" I whispered. "Why do you keep staring at me?"

"You're arm..." he replied softly. "What did you do?"

"It' just a small cut, nothing to worry about!" I replied and looked away.

Suddenly, Joon grabbed my arm and yanked my sleeve back. I flinched. The pain hurted so much.

"Mrs.Kim, I will be taking her to the nurse's office," he said.

He grabbed my other arm and he pulled me out of the class.

"Joon!" I shouted, struggling to get free. "I'm really okay."

"He stopped and turned around. "Okay? This is okay? Do you see the size of this thing? Tell me, you saved me yesterday didn't you?"

I looked at him. "Um..."

"You did, didn't you. From that fire." he continued.

"I... had no choice! You were dying in front of my eyes. I couldn't just do nothing." I explained.

Joon grabbed my wrist and we went to the nurse's office. The nurse wasn't there. Joon grabbed the first aid kit.

"Just take this as a repayment. I'm going to treat that wound and then we can go back to being strangers." he said.

"Back to strangers?" I asked. "why not friends?"

Joon leaned towards my face. My heart started thumping incredibly fast. What was this feeling. With my uninjured hand, I rested it on Joon's chest, pushing it, trying to keep some distance between us. Joon was stronger though, he kept leaning inwards. Then, deeply, he whispered, "...Are you really a ert? Trying to be friends with someone you don't even know!"

I was offended. As an angel, I have never been disgraced by anyone. I scoffed and turned away. "What gives you the right to accuse me as a ert? For your information, I am actually VERY well-mannered and the MOST friendly person you will EVER meet in your lifetime."

I quickly gave Joon one last shove and stood up. "Goodbye, stranger."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

My head was so messed up. If my brothers knew I was helping a measly human, they'd kill me for sure. Yoona pushed me and bid me farewell, "Goodbye, stranger."

I snickered at her remark. She was capturing my interest. I wondered how long she was going to last on Earth considering my brothers and I were destroying it.

There was something strange about her though. Her actions, the way she spoke, and most importantly, her aura, was so positive. I swear if it was any more positive, I'd call her an angel-- but then again, if she was an angel, as a devil, I must capture and/or kill her and bring her to hell...

That was the most important duty of a devil...