Chapter Thirty-Six: Igon Sarangi Aniya

Are We Destined to Be?

(Taeyeon's POV)

Mir wrapped his arms around me. I tensed up uncomfortably.

"Taeyeon... nothing will seperate me and you..." he whispered into my ear.

His words sent chills down my spine. "....aniya."

Mir rested his head on my shoulder. His hands slowly came up to my shoulder, gripping it tight so that I wouldn't leave but not tight enough to hurt me.

"Mir-sshi..." I said slowly. "Igon... sarangi aniya."

"Taeyeon... what are you saying?" he said, raising his head. "What do you mean by this?"

I started to back away from him. "You heard me. Igon sarangi aniya."

"Don't lie to me Taeyeon. I love you and you know that."

"But it's not love! It's just an infatuation. You don't really love me." I said slowly. "You don't really love... me."

I started walking away, back to where the roads were. Mir followed me behind.

"Taeyeon, you don't really believe that do you?" he asked.

"I do."

Suddenly I got a weird feeling in my chest. Why did it hurt so much when I said that I didn't love him? Why is it that my pace was slowing down? Why was it that there was a tiny feeling in my heart that I wanted him to catch up to me? And the most important thing- why didn't I want to leave him?

Mir stopped in his tracks, I was on the other side of the road.

"...but it's love. I know you feel it too. I know you love me. Although I don't know if you know it yet but I can see it in your eyes."

That wasn't possible. There was no such thing as 'love at first sight'. He did NOT move my heart. He did NOT. There was no way he could've done it but I knew I was just denying it. The more I denied, the more I felt it was true.

Mir started walking over to me. My feet couldn't move. As long as his gaze was into my eyes, I knew my feet will not obey. The next thing I knew, I was also slowly walking over to him.

My heart started thumping faster and faster. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a car. It came faster and faster- not slowing down.

What the hell? Did they not see Mir?

I ran up and shoved him out of the way.

"NO TAEYEON!" I heard him shout.

I felt arms lifting me up and Mir sobbing.

 

Please be happy Mir... Don't be sad because of me...

I know I should've realized this sooner.

That 'love at first sight' was possible.

Because I think...

Aniyo...

I KNOW...

I love you too.