Chapter Eight: I'll Trade My Life For Yours

Are We Destined to Be?

Joon and I arrived shortly after we called Mir. Mir had his hands covered with angel blood. Taeyeon was on the bed.

"Taeyeon!" I cried.

Tears streamed down my cheeks.

Joon grabbed the collar of Mir's shirt. "What did you do?!"

"She-She was saving me!" he sobbed. "I didn't know what to do!"

"I... I can't believe this is happening..." I muttered to myself.

Joon let go of Mir's shirt. "How do we save her?!"

Mir shrugged and frantically ran over to me. "You can save her right?!"

I remained silent.

"YOU CAN SAVE HER RIGHT?!" he kept shouting at me.

Joon punched him in the stomach. "Stop yelling at her!"

He growled fiercly at Mir and Mir just kept staring at me with those scared eyes.

"...I can save her." I said softly. "But you guys leave first. You can come back in, in five minutes."

They immediately left. As soon as they did, I scrambled up and found a pen and paper in Joon's room. On it, I wrote:

Taeyeon,

Mianhae. I had to do this. You were dying and I had to save you no matter what. I hope you and Mir have a nice life. Please convince BoA to bend the rules for us. That is my last wish. Please help me fulfill it. I regret that I won't see you after this...

Mir,

Treat my sister well. Jebal. I really love her and if you don't treat her well, I will rise up from the dead and punch the day lights out of you. I also want you to look out for Joon. He looks strong but he's actually soft-hearted.

Joon,

I love you so much I can't put it into words. I know that when you see this, I will have disappeared. You know I must do this, right? I have to save Taeyeon- even if it meant my life in exchange. Joon, please don't be sad after I am gone. Please take care of Taeyeon and Mir and watch over them for me please. I know you are a devil and a devil must do what a devil does. But underneath all that, I know you are also like an angel.

~Yoona

That was right. Saving Taeyeon meant sacrificing my life in exchange. I gulped. One last tear escaped from my eyes. Behind me, Taeyeon lied motionless on the bed.

I sat down on the bed next to hers. I muttered a spell and a bright light began shining from Taeyeon's and my body. Outside, I could hear Mir and Joon asking to come in.

"Goodbye..." I whispered into the air. The last thing I saw was Joon and Mir bursting into the room.

The light blinded their eyes and when the light had faded away, I had disappeared.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Taeyeon's POV)

Was I dead? I slowly moved my body. It was painful. I heard voices. My eyes slowly opened as I came face to face with Mir.

"Mir...?"

Mir's eyes were red so I knew he must had been crying. Joon was behind him, reading a note. His eyes were full of tears as well.

"DAMN IT YOONA!" he suddenly screams in sorrow.

I flinched. "What... happened?"

"SHE GAVE UP HER LIFE TO SAVE YOU!" he continues to shout. "Yoona...."

Immediately I stood up. "No way. You're lying! She would never do something like that!"

Mir helps me stand up. "Please be careful!"

Joon hands me the note. "Read it. It's all there in writing!"

As I read, my eyes fill up with tears. It was all true. It was all true.