Chapter Twenty-Nine: Love At First Sight

Are We Destined to Be?

(Taeyeon's POV)

Mir's smile had completely made me weak.

"Seungho has a meeting today. He told me to tell you he is unable to make it." added Seungho.

My heart dropped. I was so excited to meet Seungho and now I'm being told he can't make it? Mir swings his arm around my shoulder. I flinch at the unexpected move.

"Come on~ Instead, like oppa take you around!" he says, happily.

I have to say, I did not expect a devil to act like this. Maybe he was a player? Reluctantly, I follow him. Mir takes me to the mall. He made me try on different clothes:

(A/N: Outfits: #1   #2    #3    #4    #5    #6 )

His fashion sense is decent- I could give him that. After awhile, we bought multiple clothes and he led me out to the fountain. We sat down and I started admiring my new clothes.

"Wahh neomu yeppeo~" I said to myself.

Mir laughed. "Anything for my girlfriend!"

I dropped everything. "Mworago?! Yeoja Chingu?"

He nodded. "Didn't you get my hints? Putting my arm around you and taking you shopping? Saying that I'm your 'oppa'? Yes, you are my yeoja chingu... I'm your namja chingu."

I shoved the clothes at him. "Mianhae. I can't do this. Here you can have these back."

Mir stares at me. "Wae? When I first met you, I knew instantly you were the one. Didn't you feel the same way?"

I shook my head. "I don't know. I can't... I don't even know you!"

"You can get to know me." he says bluntly.

"I-I'm not ready. I don't know if you know this but the #1 rule as an angel is that we must never fall in love with a devil." I explained.

"Devils... don't have such a rule." he replies, inching closer to me.

I was in full panic mode. "Mir... It's impossible between us. Let's say that I did love you- which I clearly don't- I can't disobey the rules of being an angel."

"What would happen if you do?"

"We'd no longer be an angel. We'd be ripped of our angel status. We'd either die or become human."

"Then become human." he was already in front of me.

I could feel his breath down my neck. "It's not that simple."

"It is if you want it to be."

"I just can't Mir. It's just... too risky."

Mir leans in and give me a tiny kiss on the lips. "Think about it. It's love at first sight for me. I really want you to give it a try."

With this, he leaves me sitting dumbfounded by the fountain. My fingers ran across my lips.

"Did he just..."

Aigoo... this isn't good.

Dugeun. Dugeun. Dugeun.