Chapter Eighteen: I'm Not Afraid of You

Are We Destined to Be?

I was afraid he might overreact and hurt me. Joon kept staring at me. I could tell he was really shocked.

"J-Joon...?" I asked, trying to get his attention.

His hands were grabbing my wrists too tight. I tried to release his grip.

"I can't believe you would do something like this! Why would YOU of all people be defying us BLAQs? Seeing you at school, happy but also timid. No wonder you were trying to distance yourself from me." he said, annoyed.

I froze. He actually knew about that? I thought I wasn't all that obvious. Joon dragged me along back to his room.

"N-No! Joon!" I said, still struggling.

He turned around and glared at me. "Don't you dare get out of line now... Unless you yearn for suffering."

My heart almost stopped. Joon was usually more like a play-boy type at school, now he was just ice cold. Without resisting, he closed door. We were alone in his room. He pushed me down on to the ground.

"Please, Joon! You have to understand that protecting the people is my duty as an angel! I... I have to defy the people or in this case, devils, to do what I believe is right-" I tried to explain.

Joon held my wrists tightly and his legs were on both sides of my waists.

"Stop creating these damn excuses! You're an angel and angels should NEVER get near devils. Do you really want to die that much?" he snarled.

I shook my head automatically. "I'm not afraid of you Joon."

Joon scoffed. "Your eyes say different."

I looked away quickly. "I'm really not afraid of you Joon. I'm really not afraid... even if you are a devil. You're not completely evil."

"Yah, you angel! Stop talking! I'm not completely evil?!" he laughed, sarcastically. "I'm a devil! Of course I am completely evil."

"Then why did you insist on taking me to the nurse's office when I got that cut from saving you in the fire?!" I questioned.

Joon looked away. "It was because you saved me. I had to return a favor."

I doubted it. "Devils don't return favors."

"This one does." he replied quickly.

"Then you are not completely evil." I answered in response.

Joon got up and he sat down on his bed. "Stop acting like you know everything. I'm a devil, you're an angel. From now on, stay away from us devils."

I got up myself. "Mianhae Joon, this I cannot do."

"Yah! They will kill you if you interfere again!" he growled. "Really. You must have a death wish!"

I smirked. "Why do you care if I die or not?"

Joon ran his fingers through his hair. "I... I don't know. Ever since I met you... my heart has become messed up."

I couldn't believe my ears. 'His heart was messed up'? That was exactly what I had begun to feel when I met Joon too. Was this what they called... destiny?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I had no idea why I was so worried if my brothers would kill Yoona. No, I was afraid if they were going to even lay a finger on her. Was I even like a devil anymore?

Every time I tried to defend my title as a 'devil', Yoona always had something to say.

"I... I don't know. Ever since I met you... my heart has become messed up." I said slowly, running my fingers through my hair.

It was true. I hoped that if I said that, she would stop talking. Sure enough, her eyes widened and she looked like she was in complete shock.

What just went through her mind? I wish I knew.