Chapter Fourteen: Am I a Devilish Angel?

Are We Destined to Be?

I was hurt from Taemin's actions although I didn't understand why. Taemin....

I dropped to the ground... What have I done? Did I really just tell Taemin EVERYTHING? Aish... I ruffled my hair. The bell rang and I went to science class.

Joon was already there when I arrived. Instead of my usual, nervousness around Joon, I was dazed. I couldn't stop thinking about Taemin. Were we still friends? Never in my life had I felt such worry and insecurity.

Why was being human so hard? I never thought it would be hard. I thought it would be fun.

Enjoyable.

Easy.

Free.

Not once- "complicated, hard, scary..."

I began to daze off from the lesson. Suddenly, I heard someone shouting my name.

"YOONA!"

I looked up. Mrs. Kim was starinig down at me.

"Yeh...?" I said, snapping back to reality.

Mrs. Kim was angry. She hit my desk with her ruler.

"Yah! Yoona! Pay attention! Stop dozing off! Next time this happens, I won't let it slide so easily!"

I nodded obediently. She turned around I walked away. I felt so embarrased. I heard Hyuna snicker in the background. IU chuckled softly. Aish... why did I have to draw such big attention to myself. As classed passed, I could feel all eyes on me. I was so glad when class was over. I stood up, wanting to find Taemin as soon as possible.

I packed my stuff and walked for the door. Before I got there, Hyuna blocked my way.

"Move." I insisted.

"Do you honestly think I'd do what you tell me to do?" she scoffed.

I tried to get around her but IU blocked me.

IU looked up with her face full of make-up. "Don't you know it's rude to walk out on someone when they are trying to talk?"

'Don't you know it's rude to gang up on a girl?' I shouted in my head.

"I know about the kisses..." she said to me. "Joon and Taemin."

My eyes widened. "Mworago?!"

"IU saw the one with Joon, I saw the one with Taemin." she continued to say. "Do you really think I wouldn't find out?"

I felt uncomfortable. "The one with Taemin was accidental. The one with Joon was him forcing himself on me."

"Lies!" she shot back at me. "Accident? Do you think I'd fall for something like that? I clearly saw him buying a dress for you and you turned around and kiss him!"

I knew she was talking about Taemin and I. "It's not what you-"

Hyuna glared at me. IU looked up and continued, "The one with Joon too! You 'pretended' to fall so he'd save you. And when he did, you kissed him too!"

I was speechless. They were completely destroying the last bit of patience I had with them.

"STOP MAKING THESE STUPID ASSUMPTIONS!" I shouted in fury.

Hyuna and IU took a step backwards. "You are such a ... ."

That's it, my patience had disappeared. My fist clenched and I glared at them. I must have been the first angel to have gotten so angry, so full of hatred. Then I snapped back to reality.

"...oh my goodness... I'm becoming an angel of the dark..." I whispered to myself.

I ran out of the classroom and on the roof. I looked around and there was no one here. I revealed my wings and I flew to the sky.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I saw those two girls from our class approach Yoona although I did not know what they said to her. By their expressions, I knew it wasn't good. Then, I heard shouting. I couldn't make out the words but I heard my name a couple of times.

"Yah... Yoona, what are you going to do now?" I muttered to myself.

I continued to watch. Yoona's hand clenched and then unclenched. What was she doing? She ran out of the classroom in an instant. I thought about following her but I didn't.

Her 'positive' aura was slowing disappearing, I could tell.