Chapter Thirty: Our Heart's Confusion

Are We Destined to Be?

...and the ferris wheel ride was over. I was relieved. Joon and I walked out of the ride.

"Ah... I have to go..." I blurted out- I didn't want to be near him at the moment.

I turn to leave but Joon grabbed my wrist.

"Do you love me?" he asked.

I pulled my hand away from him but he didn't let go. Instead of getting away from him, he had his hands gripped on one of my wrists and he pulled me closer. He let go of my wrist and locked his hands together around my waist.

"Do you love me?" he asked again, impatient. "Or even a little bit?"

I really didn't want to answer this question. I knew my heart said 'yes' but my brain said 'no'. I didn't reply.

"Tell me or I won't let you go." he insisted.

"...i do..." i mumbled softly so he wouldn't hear.

"What?" he asked.

"...I do." I said a little bit louder.

Joon put his forehead on mine. "You really need to speak up."

"I DO." I said loud and firm. "I really do... but my brain is telling me it's wrong."

Joon kissed my forehead gently. "It'll all be alright."

"How? We can't even be together!" I said, tears starting to form in my eyes.

I didn't want him to see me cry. I blinked back those tears.

"I'm leaving." I said and Joon released his grip.

I came home, shocked and unsure how to react. I slumped down to the floor after closing my door. My hands, still on my lips and forehead, confused about my feelings. Maybe I should resign from being an 'angel'. Maybe then I could be with Joon.

But I still couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe I confronted my feelings toward Joon. I was proud of myself for this- even if it ended up becoming more complicated.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Taeyeon's POV)

I couldn't get Mir out of my head. There's no way he just kissed me right? I returned home and I went to go see Yoona. I saw her slumped by a wall, her hands on her lips.

"Yoona..." I said.

"Taeyeon!" she replied, snapping back to reality.

"Yoona... did you find out what 'love' means?"

She tells me what Taemin had told her. I nodded.

"What about 'love at first sight'?" I asked.

She shrugged. "Why do you want to know?"

I glance around cautiously. "If I tell you, will you not tell anyone? Not any of our sisters?"

She nodded.

"Mir... confessed to me." I said softly into her ear.

"WHAT?!" she shouts.

"Shhhhh!"

"What?!"

"Yeah. Seungho couldn't make it today and Mir came in his place."

"What happened?"

"He put his hand around my shoulder, bought me clothes... and stuff like that. Then he confessed."

"...Joon and I think we've fallen in love with each other."

"You didn't..."

"But we did. I think I really do like him. Trust me Taeyeon, in my brain, I know this is wrong- but my heart is telling me different. What should I do?"

"I...I don't know. I'm already messed up about the thing with Mir. Now you and Joon are in a forbidden relationship?"

"Jeongmal Mianhae Taeyeon..."

"Aigoo... well at least it's only forbidden on our side."

"What do you mean?"

"The devils have no rule against relationships with an angel."

"Chincha?!"

"Yeah... that's what Mir told me."

"If only I can change that rule about no relationships with a devil. If only I can do that- Joon and I would be..."

"Would be what?"

"...A couple..."

"Aigoo... Yoona. You really love him?"

"Ever since I found out what 'love' is and what it is like, I've been certain that I'm in love with him."

I patted Yoona's back. "It'll all be alright... I hope."