Chapter Thirteen: Yoona, Who Are You?

Are We Destined to Be?

I turned around face to face with Taemin.

"T-Taemin!" I exclaimed, shocked and worried.

"Yoona... what was that?" he asked.

"Mworago? I-I didn't do anything..." I said, playing dumb, and trying to get away.

He put his arm in front of me. "BLAQ Devils? That weird communicator/hologram thing? What are you hiding?"

"BLAQ Devils? Hologram thing? I've never heard of such before..." I lied through my teeth.

Taemin reached for my wrist. "What is this?"

I yanked my hand back sharply. I hid my hand from view.

"It's nothing..." I replied.

Taemin stared at me. I knew he knew I was lying but I hoped I was wrong.

"Yoona, who are you?" he asked in confusion. "What are you hiding...?"

I was feeling scared- scared to be discovered. Taemin continued to look at me, waiting for an answer. I opened my mouth but nothing came out. Finally, Taemin put his hand on my cheek.

"It's okay, you don't have to tell me..." he said, disappointed. "I just thought we were friends and friends tell each other everything..."

I felt guilty. It wasn't like I didn't want to tell him, it's because I couldn't tell him. It's the first law in the sky. Never tell a human you are an angel. Taemin's eyes looked sad and as I stared, I felt like I was falling into his spell. Looking at the gloomy Taemin in front of me, I couldn't hold myself back.  He was my friend and I cared for him. I was an angel, of course. I created a little "bubble" so that no one could hear us-- especially my sisters in the sky.

"Can I trust you?" I asked softly.

Taemin's eyes opened. "What?"

"Trust. Can I believe in you?" I asked again.

"Of course." he said, truthfully.

"You'll call me crazy....." I replied.

"I won't." he whispered. "I promise."

"Angel."

My heart thumped at the sound of myself saying that word.

"What?" he asked, shocked.

"Angel." I repeated.

Taemin laughed nervously. "Ha ha, for a second I thought you said angel..."

I nodded. "I am."

"You're... an angel?" he asked.

"Yeh...."

Taemin started backing away and tripped on a rock on the ground. I ran over to him to see if he was alright.

"Taemin!" I said, worried.

His eyes looked afraid of me. "Y-Yoona..."

I knew I was making him uncomfortable. I walked backwards, away from him. My heart was hurt but I knew he never promised not be scared of me, only to not call me crazy and he didn't go back on his word.

"Yoona... are you even... alive?" he asked.

"Alive?" I laughed. "I'm an angel... do you think I'm alive?"

Taemin was speechless. I laughed. "I'm immortal."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

(A/N I know I always have JOON's POV here, but I think Taemin's POV is more suitable in this situation ^^)

I have to admit I was scared. Maybe I heard it wrong.

"Ha ha, for a second I thought you said angel..."

Yoona nodded. "I am."

I froze. But angels don't exist...? Do they? How could she be down here on earth? Shouldn't she be in the sky? I had so many questions but I was afraid to hear the answers. Only one question I really wanted to know...

"Yoona... are you even... alive?"

She giggled. "Alive? I'm an angel... do you think I'm alive?"

What was she trying to say? I couldn't figure her out. Angels... are spirits, right? Spirits are of dead people, correct? Was she dead?

Yoon opened , "I'm immortal."

My eyes widened. I was completely freaked out. There was an immortal being standing in front of me. 

"Mianhae... Yoona. I-I-I need to go now." I scrambled up onto my feet and walked away.

Was this a dream?