Chapter Twenty-Eight: Because I Love You

Are We Destined to Be?

I saw Taeyeon leave to go see her brother so I decided to go back down to Earth. I wanted to go find out what other things it had to offer. Quickly throwing on this outfit, I landed on Earth. I headed for the food stands first. The delicious smells were alluring me.

I hurried over and accidently hit someone.

"Ah! Mianhae! Jeongmal mianhae!" I said, bowing.

"Hello... Yoona."

I recognized the voice immediately and my head shot up. "JOON?"

Joon smiled at me. "Rushing to buy food- fatty?"

I stared at him in disbelief. "Fatty...? Are you serious? Really?"

Joon just laughed and then he took my hand. "Come on, there's no time to eat. It's break. Do something exciting for once!"

My heart thumped loudly as soon as Joon grabbed my hand. 'Stop thumping, heart. I don't like Joon.' I told myself. Joon led me over to a ferris wheel. He paid the man and he led me in. The door closed and I just stared at Joon.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Doing what?"

"Taking me on this ride. This ride is for lovers."

"Wanna be lovers?"

"What? Are you out of your mind?"

"What if I were serious?"

"Then I'd tell you it's impossible."

"Wae?"

"We're rivals. It's just today we can act like 'friends' since it's break."

"But if there was no restrictions, would you be my lover?"

I blushed. "I don't know. It's too crazy to think about."

My heart thumped louder and louder, harder and harder, faster and faster. I felt like my heart would just burst in any second. Joon stared at me for a long time. I looked out the window. The ride wasn't even halfway over. I felt like the ride was going on forever. Joon stared at me slowly looking into my eyes. Before I knew it, I couldn't take my eyes off of him.

Suddenly, he leaned in and kissed me. The kiss was deep and passionate. I didn't want it to end. My hands came up to his neck and his hands came down to my waist. The moment seemed endless until we had to break away to get air.

I snapped back to reality. "What did you just do?"

"I? It's not like you didn't break away."

"I-I..." i tried to explain but I couldn't think of anything.

Joon leaned in again for another kiss but I pushed him away. "Mianhae. I can't do this."

"Do what?" he says sweetly.

"I can't fall in love with a devil and devils can't fall in love with angels like me." I said. "We can't just kiss each other like this. It's forbidden."

"Yoona," he began to say. "I think... I love you."

My heart pounded and my face became hot and red. It felt embarrasing and I didn't want him to see. I stared outside the ferris wheel. We just reached the top. Aigoo... I wanted this ride to end- now.

In my heart, truthfully, I was glad he loves me- considering the fact that I love him too. Joon grabbed my hands.

"Please Joon, don't do this..." I whispered softly.

Joon didn't listen. Instead, he locked hands with mine. "I want you, Yoona. I've never met anyone like you."

I didn't know what to say. What am I supposed to do now...?

Joon leans in for another kiss. I don't know if I should avoid it or face it.

My heart... is so confused. What is right? What is wrong? Was it wrong for me to pursue love?