Chapter Sixteen: Eottokhae?!

Are We Destined to Be?

I woke up to some shouting.

"Where's Seungho?!" shouted one of the guys.

My eyes fluttered opened slowly. I tried to move my hands and legs. I couldn't. They were tied. My eyes opened wide. Where was I? Why was this place so dark? I was scared. The guy who just shouted turned around to face me.

"Ah? Our angel is awake?" he laughed.

It sent a chill down my spine. I struggled and struggled but I couldn't break free. He came closer to me, his finger lifted my chin so my eyes were leveled with his.

"What do you want?" I asked, stuttering.

Suddenly, the rest of the BLAQs walked into the room and he automatically stood up. They were all wearing black, the same clothes they wore to capture me except their wings were gone.

"Yah! Mir! What are you doing?" asked another devil.

Mir turned around. "Seungho!"

Seungho glared at Mir. "You're not going to... seduce an angel are you?"

Mir hissed. "What do you think I am? Am I going to submit to the good side now?!"

The devil standing next to Seungho laughed coldly. "It's possible!"

"THUNDER!" thundered Seungho. "G.O. take Mir and Thunder away."

The last devil, G.O. grabbed Mir and Thunder and pushed them out the door. He walked out and closed the door behind him. This left Seungho (who I presumed was their leader) Joon and I in the room.

Seungho walked over to me. "You have some guts..."

I scoffed.

"What is your name?" he asked, digging his claws into my shoulder.

I let out a cry in pain. "No! Please stop! It hurts!"

"This is what you get in return for defying us BLAQs. Now, your name?" he replied.

I clenched my teeth and replied. "G.na."

The name G.na was my middle name so technically I did not lie.

"Well then, G.na... prepare for the worst."

With that, he turned around and left. Joon stared at me.

"Why would you defy the BLAQs? Are you looking for death?" he growled.

I looked away. Thank goodness he never noticed I was Yoona, his classmate. My heart skipped a beat. I'm in disguise! It's going to wear off if I don't get out of here soon! My magic is stronger but not strong enough! I looked at my shoulder. Crap... my shoulder was bleeding and so was my magic... slowly dying away.

"Aish... what did I get myself into?" I mumbled.

Joon walked over to the bed next to me and sat down.

"Aren't you going to leave?" I asked... hoping he would.

"This IS my room. Why would I leave?"

My heart almost stopped completely. I was in his room? This was worse than I thought.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

G.na looked worried. I didn't know why. Oh well, Seungho wanted her to suffer and I could tell she already is. Seeing her bleeding shoulder, I felt a little guilty. She was an angel and angels have the duty to protect, just like devils have the duty to destroy. I couldn't shake the feeling of wanting to help her.

Have I gone crazy? I-I-I actually wanted to help someone? I returned to reality.

'No, Joon. I am a devil. I have to make sure I act like one!' I told myself in my head.