Chapter 50

When Ms. Clown Met Mr. Serious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Author's POV~

 

 

Someone wrapped an arm around Dara's shoulder as she was staring at the new comer. She was startled making her, look at the culprit. There, she saw Donghae with a smile on his face as he was looking at the grl in front of them as well.

 

 

"Who's our pretty guest here?" he asked.

 

 

Her forehead creased as she was trying to analyze what's this guy is doing. She looked at Jiyong with a questioning look only to found him looking at Donghae with a crease on his forehead as well.

 

 

"Hello, I'm Kiko Mizuhara. I came all the way from Japan to visit some close friends here. And also..." her attention went back to the girl and found her shift her gaze at the guy next to her, to Jiyong. 

 

 

"And also?" Donghae asked...

 

 

"To visit Jiyong..." 

 

 

Dara is itching to know who's really this girl in front of them. Alright! Her name is Kiko. Now what? And as weird it may sound but she's not liking how she look at Jiyong, how she kept on saying she's there for Jiyong... FOR JIYONG!

 

 

"Why? Who are you to Jiyong anyway?" Donghae asked. Okay, what's this guy plotting in his mind just now. For her, the way he spoke, sounds so intimidating. It's in her point of view okay! Well, that's what she's thinking at the moment since Donghae used to have that kind of tone in his voice when he's trying to make her admit something... Okay. What to admit now?

 

 

"I'm--"

 

 

"Oh! My bad, I'm Lee Donghae, a friend of Jiyong-ssi... Right Jiyong-ssi?" he uttered and look at Jiyong's direction with a stupid grin in his face. "And this girl with us is Sandara Park, Jiyong-ssi's fiance..." he introduced her making her eyes widen in shock.

 

 

She nudge Donghae on his side making him yelp. 

 

 

"Yah! What are you doing?" she whispered to him.

 

 

"I'm just introducing you. What's wrong with that?" he whispered back.

 

 

"It was nice to meet you Donghae-ssi, especially you, Dara-ssi... I'm Jiyong-ah's girlfriend, by the way..." Kiko said with a smile on her face making Donghae and Dara looked at her, dumbfounded then to Jiyong with the same look on their faces.

 

 

And the guy just kept on looking at Donghae with a crease on his forehead.

 

 

"Yah! Jiyong-ssi! What are you doing? You seemed frozen on your spot! Come on! Talk to your girlfriend!" Donghae said as he finally regain back his composure. Dara just nodded her head, too shock to utter just a single word. She can't believe it. Jiyong's...GIRLFRIEND?!

 

 

"Aigoo... Look at this guy... Stop drooling at me. Let's go Dara-ah and let these two have some time alone together..." Donghae announced as he held Dara's hand and drag her. She didn't protest and just look back at Jiyong, throwing him a glance as well as the girl who introduced herself as Jiyong's girlfriend, still can't believe the information unveiled right in front of her.

 

 

She looked away and shift her gaze to Donghae who just kept on dragging her away from the scene, making her forehead creased. She wanted to throw rants at him for dragging her and that, she can't catch up at how fast he's walking, or half-running? 

 

 

"YAAAAAHHHH--" someone snatched her other hand making her stumble at someone who just drag her. What is she?! A thing!? These people kept on treating her as one and mind you, it hurts!

 

 

She harshly look at that someone who dragged her and was about to glare, only to find out, it was Youngbae with an apologetic smile on his face.

 

 

"Oppa!" she exclaimed.

 

 

"Sorry. Did I dragged you hard?"

 

 

"No... no... I'm fine" she said, shaking her head in the process.

 

 

"Youngbae-ssi..." Donghae acknowledge his presence making him look at her best friend and nod his head with a smile.

 

 

"I'll take her home Donghae-ssi. Thank you..." Donghae didn't utter a word and just pat Youngbae's shoulder and smiled at her before he left them there. Now what to say? How did Youngbae knew she was there?

 

 

"Hi..." Youngbae greeted.

 

 

"Hello..." and awkward silence surrounded them. She heard Youngbae chuckle. 

 

 

"It's been how many days since I last talked to you. About five days or more? Can I offer a hug?" he asked and without waiting for her to answer, he wrapped his arm around her and enveloped her in a gentle hug, telling her that ... "I missed you..." Youngbae whispered to her ear.

 

 

"Oppa..." she uttered in a whisper. 

 

 

Memories of the engagement night flooded her mind, how Youngbae stare at her as Bom was dragging her away from him. He was telling her something. To just leave that place, to just leave everything. It's as if, giving her two choices... Stay there and live with the past as to face the future or run away from there and face the future without looking back at the past. Okay. Quite confusing... totally confusing. But she chose the latter. What is she thiinking again when she chose the latter? Oh right, she can't remember.

 

 

She wanted to ask Youngbae questions but she doesn't know where to start, now that images of Jiyong entered her mind. The times she spend with him, the times he was there to unknowingly make her smile, those times as they reminisce their past together. And these left her, confuse.

 

 

Before she could even utter a word, Youngbae pulled away from the hug and held her by her shoulder as he looked at her, still with that warm smile. But seems like something changed. Is it... his eyes? The way he looked at her? Those pair of orbs that looked at her with much...sadness. Why?

 

 

"Let's bring you home..." he said as he guided her to the car. He finally brought one. She suddenly missed the time they used to walk together, talk about random things and just laugh together.

 

 

"But--"

 

 

"Please?" he uttered as he offered her the opened passenger's door of the car. She looked at him, gone the smile earlier. They were surrounded with something she felt for the first time while she's at his company. This made her, somehow feel heavy.

 

 

The way home was in full silent as they ended up in front of the Kwon's mansion. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter