Chapter 41

When Ms. Clown Met Mr. Serious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

~Author's POV~

 

 

"Do these fit you enough?" Dami asked Dara as she was showing her some pieces of clothes.

 

 

She's still at the Kwon's mansion for Mrs. Kwon asked her to stay for the night. She also skipped her work at the family restaurant that day.

 

 

She smiled at the elder girl and nodded her head. "Thank you unni" she said.

 

 

Dami smiled back at her and patted her head. "Please bear with him, Dara-ah"she told her. Dara could just only stare at the elder in response, not knowing what to say. She's still in shock at the revelation and she doesn't really know what they say about it. "Goodnight" Dami said and left her.

 

 

She closed the door behind her and looked at the empty room she used to occupy as she was still staying there. There are no changes, still the same as how it looks like before she left.

 

 

She sat at the edge of the bed and run her hands at the soft bed sheets. So, they knew it all along? That's why Dami befriended her? Is that it? She doesn’t know. She shook her head and stood up, as she left the clothes Dami gave her on top of the bed and entered the bathroom for a quick shower.

 

 

With the running water coming from the shower, soaking her, she can't help but to reminisce those times with Grandma Kwon.

 

 

She was three then, and she really don't know how she remembered all of it earlier. From what she can remember, she's too close to Grandma Kwon, she treated her as her own grandmother. Her grandparents died even before she was born, even before her mother married her father.

 

 

Even with a month the Kwons spend with them, she was able to be close with Grandma Kwon...and Jiyong.

 

 

The thought of the guy suddenly made her heart beats, fast. The earlier revelation, she's still trying to process it in her mind. Who would believe that a three-year-old promise would come to this?

 

 

They can object to it right? Besides, they were just three then, they were too young to keep that promise. And for sure, Grandma Kwon would understand it.

 

 

But then again, the thought of the elder woman's last words kept on lingering in her mind. She wanted to fulfill that three-year-old promise they made, with the help of Jiyong's parents. And the thought of it, for sure, her parents were also accomplice of this scheme.

 

 

She dry herself as she looked at her reflection in front of the mirror. "I wonder what did he said about this..." she uttered as she wiped her hair.

 

 

He's there because he's looking for his fiancé, who happened to be her. Then, what was his thought about him marrying some girl? Didn't he object at all? They were talking about tying the knots, getting married, be with someone who can be their partner, maybe, for their life time.

 

 

She sighed and stopped wiping her hair.

 

 

"This whole thing..." she sighed. She can't really tell what she felt about the whole thing. Maybe she should just tell them, she'll back out, it's after, a promise, fragile one. And besides, promises were meant to be broken.

 

 

She stepped out of the bathroom and wears the clothes on. Still drying her hair, she sat at the bed and lean on its headboard, while staring ahead of her.

 

 

"For the first time in your life, Sandara, you can't think of anything. Blank...totally blank..." she muttered.

 

 

She suddenly heard a knock on her door. She slowly stood up, and went to the door to open it. She was shock to see Jiyong, standing there.

 

 

"J-jiyong-ssi..."

 

 

"How's your knees?" he asked. How are her knees? She looked at her knees and she saw the bruises there for she's wearing shorts that Dami let her borrow. She almost forgot about it. She felt numb that she didn't even notice she had those bruises.

 

 

"It looks fine though..." she said.

 

 

"You haven't treated them yet?" Jiyong asked making her shook her head in response. How would she cure it if her mind is full of thoughts about this arrange marriage thing? "I have first aid kit with me. Let me cure them..." Jiyong said. She can only nod her head, not knowing what to say.

 

 

She let him in as she closed the door behind her. He guided her to the bed though he doesn't need to do that at all for she can walk by herself. But she didn't protest and just let him do what he wanted to do.

 

As he was busy curing her bruises, she can't help but to watch his movements. The way he do his thing, it’s as if he's full of confidence, the same impression she had for him.

 

 

"Say Jiyong-ssi---"

 

 

"I'm sorry about earlier" he suddenly interrupted her.

 

 

She stares at him as he titled his head and looked at her.

 

 

"I'm sorry..." he said.

 

 

Flashback...

 

 

After uttering her full name to Jiyong, he suddenly walked out from there, leaving them without saying anything.

 

 

And the five explained things to her. From them all, Youngbae was just silent the whole time, as if thinking of something she can't figure out what. He looks troubled though. But why?

 

 

She was able to attend their afternoon classes, but not Jiyong. He was nowhere to be found and she can't help but to think of where he is at that moment.

 

 

After their classes, her phone rang; Jiyong's name was on her phone's screen. She exhaled and pressed the answer button as she put it near her ear.

 

 

"Where are you?" he immediately asked.

 

 

"I-i'm...I'm still her in the classroom..." she uttered.

 

 

Without saying a word, he ended the call and after minutes, he was already there as he held her hand and started dragging her. Students were now looking at them as she tried to wiggle her hand from his grasp. The way he gripped her hand, she can't help but to wince. Is he mad? What happened to him?

 

 

And because, he's walking too fast, she suddenly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter