Chapter 43

When Ms. Clown Met Mr. Serious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

~Author's POV~

 

"I'll be going now Chun Hee. Good night!" Dara bid goodbye to her friend as she did the same to the other staffs, also the manager. 

 

As she stepped out of the family restaurant, she inhaled the air and smiled.

 

"Good evening, lovely" someone spoke. She looked at the direction where the voice is coming from and there, she was welcomed by Youngbae's smiling face.

 

"Oppa!" she exclaimed as she walked near him with a smile. "What are you doing here?" she asked.

 

"Waiting for you?" 

 

"Really? How long have you been here?"

 

"Not long, honestly. Let's go? I'll bring you to your apartment" he offered. Upon the mention of her apartment, she pouted. "What's wrong?" he asked.

 

"You see oppa, I was kicked out from the apartment already. Just this morning."

 

"What happened?"

 

"It's Dami unni. She called me earlier telling me that the landlady kicked me out from the apartment already after she talked with her and so, I'm staying at 

the Kwon's mansion, again." She explained as they started walking beside each other.

 

"I see. It's a long walk from here. I should have brought my car with me..." 

 

"No, it's okay. I prefer walking. Besides, you're with me so nothing to be afraid off..." she said with a smile. Finally, he smiled again.

 

They walked in silence, side by side, passing by the streets of Seoul City. 

 

"Thank you for the cookies, by the way. They taste good. Did you made them?"

 

"Yes! Good thing you liked them. Actually, Jiyong-ah helped me make them. It's actually my first time baking cookies..." she shyly said as she looked at her feet.

 

"That's... Good to know. I really appreciate your effort" Youngbae said as he tilted his head and looked at the night sky. "Ah~ I'm craving for more cookies, 

specially made by Sandara Park..." he uttered making her chuckle in amusement.

 

"You look cute oppa" she said.

 

"Am I?" he asked making her nod her head. "Let's buy something to eat" he said as he dragged her to the nearest ice cream parlor they passed by. 

 

He bought their ice cream as she waited for him at a seat outside. Finally, he's back holding two cups of ice cream. He gave her the chocolate ice cream 

as he sat at the seat in front of her.

 

They ate their share of ice creams in silence. It's already thirty minutes pass nine. She tilted her head and looked at Youngbae who she caught staring at her.

 

"Is there something in my face, oppa?" she asked.

 

He shook his head. "Nothing..." he said. "Dara-ah... About your relationship with Jiyong-ah... I mean, you being in an arranged marriage...with him."

 

"What's with it?"

 

"What can you say about that?" he asked.

 

She placed down her spoon and rub her chin. "I should have told this to Bom earlier but the professor suddenly came so, I just tell you then..."

 

"Go on, I'm all ears..." he said.

 

"Jiyong-ah and I, we've been friends since three. Weird, I can't remember about it for all I can remember is me, being friends with fishy. We've been friends for a month, 

when his family, visited us in Busan. His grandma, I treated her as my own. I was fond of being around her, of being playmates with Jiyong-ah then. I just remember 

everything, yesterday, when I saw our pictures back then..."

 

"Grandma Kwon loves us so much that all she wanted was our happiness..."

 

"I met her before..." Youngbae said with a smile. "She's a great grandmother, I can say. I was seven years old then, it was Jiyong-ah's birthday when I first met her. And she's fun to talk with, she's one of the reason why I've been even more close with Jiyong-ah..."

 

"Yes, she's a great grandmother. And I'm not an exception to her charms. So, y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter