Seven

Completely happy fangirl

 

 

Even though I was a bit hurt by the not my type thing it actually calmed me down.

 

I had never been to an arcade hall before, Dongmin had always hated gambling.

 

“You have never?” Jonghyun said in complete shock. “But... We have to try the dance machine! Come on!”

 

Everything was light and shiny and blinked at me and I though this was a perfect setup for one of those nasty headaches I got sometimes but this time they left me alone.

 

Maby it was cause I had so much fun. The dancing machine definitely warmed up the competitive side of me cause I had danced for many years and we managed both to score nearly perfect an every turn. But in the bitter end he won.

 

“You'll get it at the next machine,” I said as we went along to one of these impossible vending machines were you could win toypets.

 

I won a Zebra. I gave it to Jonghyun.

 

“This is a bit date-like, giving the win to each other.” he said teasingly.
 

“It's a bit ladylike just receiving the wins,” I answered not knowing at all were all the cockiness came from.

 

We played some stupid game were you fished for presents and one were you should throw down plastic frogs with fake stones and a million other games and in the end we had so much toys we could hardly carry them.

 

“Let's give them back,” he said. We did that and I realized he had kept his Zebra.

 

“You didn't keep anything?” He asked and sounded kind of hurt.

 

“Sorry, I didn't... Next time!” I said. I looked at my clock. “It's time for dinner, maybe we should sp...”

 

“Eat? Great idea. I know, we rent one of these norebangrooms and sing some karaoke!”

 

As usual I just fallowed along.

 

We ordered food and suju and ate and drank in the room. I got pretty tipsy actually and laughed like a pig as Jonghyun sung these really cheesy love songs for me but he changed all the words like “Lover, Darling” or “Touch, Kiss,” to things as “Friend, Sister,” and “Smile, Laugh” just to make sure 'that we really were just friends'...

 

“Stop teasing me your pabo,” I giggled knowing I would regret my behavior tomorrow. He got down on his knees, serenading how he would feel a little empty if his friend wouldn't walk with him for eternity.

 

I laughed so hard it hurt. The song came to an end and I clapped as he bowed and thanked the audience.

 

“Now you have to sing something,” he forced the mic on me.

 

“No, I sing like a scarecrow,” I said.

 

“I don't like girls who can't sing! See, were like made to not love each other. Now go up there and prove it so I don't fall for you...” He said with a flirty grin on his face; I guess he was kind of tipsy as well.

 

I got up and I sung like a scarecrow but I don't regret it a bit. Jonghyun laughed so hard it looked like he was going to cry and boy does that man have the most perfect laugh. I actually sang worse just to see him curl up in the sofa hysterically laughing.

 

“You... were... so... bad!” He got out between his laughs. I started bowing and thanking the audience and he applauded me as god as he could lying in the sofa.

 

The clock suddenly caught a glimp of my attention.

 

“Jesus, nine o'clock! I really need to get home,” The little part of sens I got left said.

 

“Well, I lead you home. I have to take a walk anyway.”

 

 

There was an hour walk back to my place but still he walked me all the way.

 

Which I think was pretty good cause I was pretty drunk.

 

We took a shortcut through a park as I got a revelation, I saw a stone who exactly resembled the Titanic boat.

 

“It's Titanic!” I yelled and climbed it before Jonghyun could stop me. I stepped out at the end of the little cliff, stretching my arms to my side. “I'm flying, Jack,” I said closing my eyes.

 

“Hanbyul, you can fall down...” I heard Jonghyun say.

 

“Jack! Jonghyun! Come up here, let's play the scene of Titanic!” I said enthusiastic. I looked down on him to find him kind of skeptical.

 

“Isn't that to push our friendship?” He asked.


“Nah, I'm not your type anyway!” I said loudly. “I could as well be a rock to you! You find me completely repulsive! Now climb up here, it wont ruin anything.”

 

There was something hurt flashing over his face but maybe it was just me being drunk and getting all the signals wrong. Then, after some hesitation, he climbed the stone and got up behind me.

 

“Now what?” His voice asked from my back.

 

“Now stretch your arms right out,” I said and raised my own arms. He followed me, I could feel his hands touch my fingertips.

 

“And then we just stand like this. And pretend we know how to fly.”

 

“Pretend we know how to fly?”

 

“Yes, pretend we know how to fly.”

 

We stood their for a while, I could feel his warm breath in my neck.

 

“What would make you happy, Hanbyul?” His voice suddenly asked only centimeters from my ear.

 

I though about it for some seconds and then I answered a much more honest answer than what I would have done if I was sober.

 

“I don't want to be scared.” I said. I opened my eyes and looked out on the world, suddenly feeling a tear striking down my face. I then realized how scared I actually was of everything and I lowered my arms. “I just want to feel safe.”

 

Jonghyuns breath were heating up the back of my head. I could feel him lowering his arms as well.

 

“I'll make you feel safe,” he said and placed his arms around my waist. “If you tell me what scares you, I'll make it go away.”

 

He then closed the gap between us and I could suddenly feel his solid body through our winter clothes, the way his arms wrapped me up made me feel safe.

 

I let him him hug me. And I let some more tears leave my eyes, going down my face and drip on his jacket. It was a long time ago I felt this safe, which was really sad depending on that he was a stranger.

 

“I'll make you happy, Hanbyul. You'll see.” he whispered in my ear.