Ninteen

Completely happy fangirl

“So I mean, I failed on the first on... You won't be able to ride a bike again in weeks,” Jonghyn said at our usual 'drinking a coffee together in the afternoon' time.

 

“But that wasn't the important part,” I said and adjusted my leg that was raised to be up on a chair.

 

“So what was the most important part?” The boy asked.


“Well, I mean, I did ride the bike, even it it wasn't for a long distance,” I said. “And I wasn't scared. Even when I fell I wasn't scared. So I think you really helped me coming over my fear against bikes.”

 

Jonghyuns expression changed and he started smiling.

 

“Really?”


“Really.”

 

“So, then over to the next one...”

 

He took up the book from his cotton bag with fashion prints and slowly turned the page to the next. I had forgotten what I had written but I could see from where I was sitting and I felt a tiny bit of angst within me.

 

“Meeting Bongha and Byuntae?” he asked.

 

I didn't even wanted to speak about it, but I guessed I was forced to. “They were my best friends but... Like a year ago we stopped seeing each other. And I'm afraid that we will never solve our problems we had.”

 

“But that doesn't seem so hard...”

 

“They're in Sweden,” I said.

 

He looked up at me.

 

“Sweden?”

 

“Yea, in Europe...”

 

“I know were Sweden is.”

 

“Yea, sure.” I smiled. “But It's OK. We can jump that one. Just take the next one.”

 

Without hesitation he turned another page.

 

“Not being alone?” he looked up at me with a surprised expression. “Are you alone a lot?” he asked.

 

“Well, no. Because I'm scared of it,” I said.


“Aha.”

 

He closed the book and putted it away.

 

“We'll fix that,” he said looking like it would be an easy piece of cake.

 

The following days his attempt to make me not alone were more annoying than helping.

 

Worst of all was that I had no time in the world to sneak away and see Yonghwa the last hour of work which I usually was free on because now Jonghyung did his best to make me friends with the rest of Shinee.

 

And well, it was nice to be with them. They treated me well even though I had more fun with Jonghyun alone than with them all. But I soon learned that Minho was really funny when he came over his shyness, that Onew was much calmer than he appeared to be on TV, that Taemin took advantage of his young age to make the other members do stuff for him (which worked on everyone except Jonghyun) and that when Key had sorted you in to one of his categories (which in my case seemed to be the same as Taemin, to be taken care of in every deem possible) he was nice and didn't look down on you.

 

And I learned that Jonghyun really loved his fellow members and that he wouldn't change any of them to be with someone else.

 

So I couldn't complain. Even though my friends wouldn't come I had new ones. Some things were just not meant to be, and me meeting Bongcha and Byuntae again were one of those things.

 

So when just the week later I suddenly found Bongcha and Byuntae standing in the hallway of SM, both looking scared less with visitors name tags and suitcases it was so unbelievable it took me minutes to realize it was for real.

 

It seemed the same way for them. We just stared at each other.

 

“Hi,” Byuntae tried in the end.