Fourtyone

Completely happy fangirl

 

 

I could hear fabric being tucked, switched and pilled as I sat on the other side of the lockers.

So, Hanbyul, about what do I have the honor to speak with you about?”

I couldn't hear if he was sarcastic or not but I guessed he kind of was.

Taemin's worried about you. He told me you've been grumpy lately,” I said and felt like I sounded ridicolouse.

When he didn't answear I continioued “Have anything happened? Anything with Shin Sekyung?”

He didn't answear for a while. I buried my face in my hands in embarrassment, why on earth did I ask that? Taemin had specific told me that she was the only person he wasn't unhappy around.

What if it is?” he said shortly.

Then... I don't know but can you please talk to Taemin? He'll think you'll quit Shinee.”

Jonghyun looked around the corned with a confused expression. “Why on earth would I quit Shinee?” he asked my with furrowed brows.

I don't know but apparently Taemin thinks so, so... Go talk to him.”

Jonghyun disappeared from the corner, it sounded like he packed his trainingbag.

Was that all you wante me?” he asked slowly.

You're really bitter,” I said.

Well it was interesting speaking with you Hanbyul-ah.”

Are you angry at me?” I asked him.

I didn't get any answear, instead I heard how the door suddenly closed and I was alone, again.

 

When I got home Yonghwa was in full action of doing dinner. I went up to him and he gave me a lightly kiss.

You look tired,” he said. “What have happened?”

I just shock my head. I didn't want to cause any more drama.

Just a lot at work,” I said as excuse.

 

I wanted you to talk to Jonghyun I didn't beg you to seduce him.”

I did not for the fifteenth time try to seduce Jonghyun!” I exclaimed irritated.

Taemin just gave me a funny glare, we were out on a cofeashop with outdoor dining while walking Zelda, taking a coffea each.

I know,” he said. “I know, I'm sorry. It's just fun teasing with you.”

I sighted and leaned my chin against my hand.

There's no one who thinjs that's really the truth right?”

Well..:” Taemin looked down in his cup of coffea. “There are some rumors...”

I placed my forehead on the table.

I. Don't. Wanna.” I said and hit my head once between every word.

But the two of yours relationship are kind of weird. You were like supercuddlyfluffyfriends and now you hardly speak.”

Well, friendship changes,” I said, not willing to discuss what had happened between me and Jonghyun, that I actually had been in love with him.

It's still weird,” the boy said not meeting my eyes.

 

I would learn the hard way how fast a rumor could spread. The next day I was surprised that people looked at me, even giving me curious looks as I entered the SM building. I headed straight for my office to get out of their eyesight.

In my office I found Yonghwa standing at my desk, his arms crossed, patiently waiting.

What... Why are you here?” I asked him. He looked mad.

What have I been hearing about you and Jonghyun being lovey-dovey in a changingroom? Is that true?

My heart sank to the bottom of my feets. Of course Yonghwa would hear the rumor to, why hadn't I thought of that?

I though you took the two of us at least a little more serious,” the boy snarled. He sighted. “I guess we better end this right here right now.”

Without looking at me he started walking towards the door.

Wait!” I said and grabbed his arm. Tears burned in my eyes and when he looked at me I saw that it also did in his.

Of course not,” I said to him. “It's just a rumor. A really stupid rumor. Taemin begged me to talk to Jonghyun, I went to the locker rooms and we just talked with each other and then a whole bunch of people came in and they missunderstood...” I was realy close to start crying. “Please,” I begged him, “Belive me.”

His face still looked hard and full of distrust but then it started to soften, the doubt left his eyes and he became once again the old, caring Yonghwa which I loved.

He took me in his arms and he kissed my forehead as I began to cry.

Of course I belive in you,” he said his voice sounded calm. “I just whished you would have told me earlier. But now we have other worries to think about.”

He took me on an armlenght and looked at me, dried one of my eyes with his finger.

Because celebrityrumors van become nasty. If your name leaks out there's fans out there who will hate you. It vould even be dangerous for you.”

But it wont' leek out, right?” I said.

Yonghwa didn't look so sure about that.

 

The next day at then o'clock Hee Yong told me Lee Sooman wanted to meet me.

Me? The director of SM wants to meet me?”

Yea, it sounded rather urgent.”

God. God god god this could not be something good.

With my heart currently located in my throath I walked to Lee Soomans office at the top of the SM bulding.

He's exprecting you,” his secretary said without lookin up at me.

I carefully opened the big wooden doors. I couldn't see anyone as I went in.

Saying the office was huge was a big understatement, colossal was a closer description. In the other end of the room three persons were sitting, two in a lether sofa and one in a matching armchair, I had to squint my eyes to see that it was Sooman, Jonghyun and Shin Sekyung.

They all rosed when I entered. I wet my lip as Lee Sooman approached me, he was wearing an incredible suit and looked inpeccable untoutchable. I just wanted to crawln in to a corner and die.

Hanbyul, right?” he said and smiled a millon dollar smile towards me.

That's right, sir,” I said and bowed.

We have some problems do discuss. Please sit down.”

The thirty second walk over to the group of sofas could be described as akward, I would say it was akward as hell, the two of them staring at me while my steps echoed through the room. I seated myself and tried to not look at them.

Sooman got back in his armchair.

So, Hanbyul. There happens to be a certain rumor about you and Jonghyun. Do you know what I'm talking about?”

Yes, sir,” I quietly said.

But it's not true?”

No, sir,” I said immediately, “Not at all.”

Jonghyun could be described as akward aswell but I would describe him as a collected mess, he tried his best not to look at me and his eyes were sort of red.

Well, as much as I belive you rumors are a big problem and can make major difficulties for the company at whole. And it happens to me that way that the rimor now have reached fans and are quickly spreading through social media.”

It felt like sosmeone dropped a bucket of water over my head. I swallowed.

Both of your names together in some context are now googled over fiftythousend times since yesterday.”

My stomach turned over, I wanted to throw up.

So that's unfortunate. But we have a chance to wash it clean so to say.” Sooman leaned forwar. “Hanbyul-ssi, do you happen to date someone right now?”

Suddenly they all stared at me. But I already knew the answear I would give.

No,” I said. I would not drag Yonghwa into this.

Lee Sooman sighted. “That is unfortunate,” he said and leaned back again. “There would be good to have some photage of you with your current boyfriend in order to deny the rumor. But if that's not possible I don't know if you can work here any more.”

I had exprected that to come. I looked at Jonghyun who with an unchanged expression looked back at me. It was kind of ironic, the man who got me the job would also watch me leave it.

It knocked on the door. We all stared at the door as Yonhwa entered.

My mouth fell open. Yonghwa on the other han dgave me a determinded look.

I must beg for apology cause I have evedropped and I want to say something,” the man said. He walked towards the riim and seated himself next to me and then to everyones shook he laid an arm around my waist.

I can confirm the rumor did not happen because...” he breathed out heavily. “Hanbyul is my girlfriend.”

Shock flashed the other ones faces.

You don't have to lie, Yonwha, we'll solve this an other way,” Jonghyun suddenly said.

I'm not lying,” he pushed me a little closer, his eyes locked into Jonghyuns. “We are together.”

Jonghyun changed his gaze towards me.

They were looking for an answear.

Yes,” I said. “We are. I didn't want to confirm it now because...” I gave Yonghwa a look. “We're not official with it, so...”

But this is perfect! Even though I had hoped for someone unfamous this is still better than one with a girlfriend! Now we just need proof. Tomorrow you'll be going on a date on Bapchomshiktang, I'll send some paparazzi there and you need to kiss at least once. Same for the two of you,” he pointed at Jonghyun and Shin, “But you'll go somewere else. Inform my secretery and she'll make sure paparazzi are there.”

The man suddenly got up. He walked to one of his understated big windows while mumbling “Perfect” to himself.

You are excused,” he said and it wasn't anything more to do than get up and walk out of his office.

Think we just got official?” I asked Yonhwa as we walked out.

I think so,” the young man said and laughed a little, nervously.