Seventeen

Completely happy fangirl

 

 

 

 

 

The two ice-creams melted in the flower bed were Jonghyun had put them. While Yonghwa cut my jeans and started taking care of my wound he just stood right beside me staring down at me with a shocked expression.

 

“Why, Hanbyul?” he finally asked sounding like an angry and disappointed father.

 

“She actually rode like twenty meters before she fell,” Yonghwa said to my defense.

 

Jonghyun slowly turned his head towards him like he hadn't seen him there before.


“But that doesn't make it safe,” he said angrily. He turned to me. “I mean, come on, Hanbyul-ah, I should have been by your side so I could have catch you. Now look at this.”

 

“I'm sorry, I really though I would manage to do it,” I said, feeling Jonghyuns disappointment infiltrating me as well.

 

Jonghyun didn't look like he knew what to say.

 

“So, well I guess we're lucky Yonghwa was near when I wasn't,” he said. “Have you met Yonghwa before, Hanbyul?”

 

“Actually were friends,” Yonghwa said.

 

Jonghyun gave him another look like he hadn't seen he was there until now.


“I... didn't know that.” he said. “How do you know each other?”

 

“We watch movies sometimes together,” the other young man said as he covered my wound with some cotton.


I didn't know why but I really wanted to shut him up.

 

Jonghyun looked down at me with a “really?” expression on his face.

 

“Well, just like two-three times,” I quickly said. “And... I mean, I've met him here. We play guitar sometimes.”

 

The boy nodded slowly towards that. “I didn't know you were friends. Why didn't you tell me?”

 

Why did he sound so pissed?

 

“Why should she?” Yonghwa once again came to my defense. The boys looked at each other.


“As a friend, I should know about her friends,” The shorter boy slowly answered.

 

“Really? Does she know about all of your friends?”

 

“Can Hanbyul for once answer herself?”

 

Why are they acting like this? I though and wanted to run away but I physically couldn't.

 

“Can both of you just stop?” I snapped. They looked confused down at me. “I'm sorry Jonghyun for not telling you, if I knew it was such a big deal I would have. And yes, thank you Yonghwa but I actually can answer by myself.”

 

Neither of the boys looked happy by my answer. Yonghwas face tightened a little and he went back to taking care of my wound as Jonhyuns softened.

 

“Hanbyul, I'm sorry-” he said his voice shaking a little, “Geez, I'm really acting bad right now aren't I? I mean, your the one who's hurt, I shouldn't attack you like this... I think I'm a little shaken by all this. I'm really sorry, can you accept my apology?”

 

“Of course,” I said. “Friends fight sometimes, otherwise there's no friendship.”

 

“You actually look kind of pale,” Yonghwa said as he rose and looked at the other boy. “Are you feeling a little week your big puppy? You need mother Yonghwa to take care of you?”

 

He grabbed the other boys head with his arm and started ruffling his hair, Jonghyun didn't look amused at all.

 

“Stop it you stupid god for nothing balladsinger,” he said when he didn't manage to brake free.

 

“Oh, are the little puppy not so strong today?” the other one said teasingly. “Maybe you should lay down so mommy can give you some milk? Then you might grow a little?”

 

“Then I need a mommy who could afford milk,” Jonghyun said as Yonghwa released him. They stared at each other. “Someone who might be able to dance just a tiny bit at least. Maybe I should ask the janitor.”

 

They suddenly started to grin at each other, I didn't understand a thing.

 

“You're accusations are worse than before and you actually do look pale. Maybe you should lie down?”

 

“Maybe I should, I feel kind of dizzy...”

 

As Jonghyun laid on the other bench Yonghwa wrapped me up with a bandage. I stared at the sky and the clouds that were slowly making their way over it.

 

“Are you friends?” I finally asked after feeling to confused.

 

“Of course we are,” Jonghyuns voice said.

“You thought different?” Yonghwa asked.

 

“Well, you didn't sound that friendly at first...” I murmured.

 

“Well, friends fight sometimes,” Yonghwa said looking amused.

 

“Otherwise there's no friendship,” Jonghyun ended smoothly before they both burst out into laughing.