Twentythree

Completely happy fangirl

 

 

 

In their apartment or more known as their dorm it was dense with people. I did my best to press myself through all the bodies. I didn't see Jonghyun any more but I knowed how to get up to the roof, and that were outside the apartment.

 

When I got out in the stairwell he surprised me by standing right behind the door, scaring me a little. I laughed at my reaction and then grabbed my hand, I could feel the soft skin of his palm gently press against mine.

 

“It's only two floors, we'll take the stairs,” he said clearly not at all concerned about our skinship. He just smiled a little teasingly and then took the stairs quickly, almost pulling me up.

 

I felt how my face heated as we climbed up, wondering if this was really right, an other man holding my hand when I was engaged even though he only was my friend-

 

I let go of It as soon as my thoughts escalated to much. He smiled. “Prepare to see a masterpiece,” he said as he opened the metal door out.

 

It was a tall building and we were high up in Seoul. Despite all the light pollution the sky was amazingly filled with stars. I went out with my mouth hanging opened, staring at the scene which I suddenly had in front of me, how I could turn and see Seoul from every possible angel.

 

“Your missing the part I prepared,” Jonghyun said. I turned to find him laying out a big sleepingmat and then lots of blankets.

 

I froze when I saw him doing that.

 

“I though gazing at the stars would be appropriated,” he said smothering out the blankets. “I brought some chips, you like sour cream right...?”

 

He stopped when he looked at me. A flash of concern came over him and ended his grin. “Hanbyul, are you alright?”

 

I just stared at the blankets at his feet feeling nauseous.

 

My heart pounded harder than ever. This was not right.

 

“I... I should be going...” I said. I could see how Jonghyuns expression changed.

 

“Hanbyul... Hanbyul-ah! I didn't mean it that way.” he said. I didn't dare to look up at his face, afraid what I would feel if I did.

 

“Just... Gazing at the stars. I know, it can sound romantic but I won't do anything, right? You're... You're not even my type...”

 

He stuttered at the last words.

 

If you like him he will like you, Hanbyul.

 

You're not even my type.

 

“I've prepared something. It's... Just let me show you that, OK? Then you can walk of. You don't have to stay here longer than you want to.”

 

This isn't right, was the only thought that was circulating my mind.

 

“OK,” I said in a small voice. I went over and seated my self, then I lied down and looked up. After a second Jonghyun joined by my side.

 

“I've always liked stars. When I miss someone I look up at the stars and think that the world is small compared to that, and that meeting that person again isn't impossible.” He said. I looked at him and he reached for the chipbag. “Care for some chips?” he asked.

 

Eating always loosed tense and soon I forgot about all my mixed feelings. As usual he had to much to say and I didn't have that much to say so I just laughed at what he was saying while we both ate and were utterly disgusting. Like friends where. When it went colder we wrapped ourselves up in our blankets to stare at the sky.

 

“Hanbyul-ah,” Jonghyun said, you could see his breath in the cold night. “I've actually have a surprise to you.”

 

I turned my head and looked at him, not saying anything. He smiled, looking a little nervous.

 

“Look at the stars again,” he said and I looked up. “Well... I've promised you to help you with your fears. And I'm a bit stuck on this never be alone. Because, I mean, I could cheesily said that I'm never going to leave you alone and things like that but I mean... I could die. Or anything, less dramatic, like move. So, I've bought you something.”

 

I looked at him again as he started to rummage through his backpack. To my surprise he took out some kind of document and a book, and started searching in the book after something.

 

“Jonghyun...” I said confused and started to seat myself to see what the hell he was doing.

 

“No. No, keep lying here I just need a little more time.” He said. I gave him an skeptic look and then lied down, thinking that it was best to leave him alone.

 

After a minute or so when he had looked from the paper to the book and then up in the sky probably twentyfour times he closed the book with a bang and laid down again.

 

“There.” he said and pointed right up in the sky.

 

“There?”

 

“Four stars to the left of the polo star, then straight down at north which is that direction... And there they are. Next to each other.”

 

I stared at him like if he was mad.

 

“Do you see them? Together with those stars it kind of look like a square...”

 

“Wait wait, you mean the large on next to the little one? Next to those many stars?”

 

“No no, they are between... , I mean dame it, next to that stars that shines really brightly next to that group of stars...”

 

After some debate I finally figured out which two stars he meant, It was to small stars next to each other, one of them appeard to shine brighter than the other.

 

“So what is it that's so important about them?” I asked him.

 

“They're yours.”

 

“What?”

 

“I bought them.” He started searching in his backpack again and gave me the document he had looked on earlier. “And named them.”

 

I looked at the paper.

 

The star Hanbyul, it said.

 

And the star Jonghyun.

 

“Jonghyun and Handbyul?”

 

“Next to each other for eternity. So when ever you feel alone you can look up in the sky and now that I'll always be next to you. Even if I'm not physically able to.”

 

I felt how I got warm inside as I gazed at the stars who suddenly wasn't stars among other stars anymore.

 

“I took two who were next to each other so they would be a bit close but apparently according to Onew they're much further away than we ever would be able to be.” He sighted. “But hey, can you blame me for not trying?”

 

I laughed and hit him with the document.

 

“No, I can't.” I said an I seated myself. “I'm really sorry Jonghyun, but I better be going...”

 

I trailed of when I saw the gaze he was giving me.

 

“Why are you staring at me like that?” I asked him, half laughing half shaking feeling how I got incredibly nervous.

 

“Do anyone tell you how beautiful you are sometimes?”

 

It felt like a big cube of ice hit my stomach and I didn't manage to smile.

 

He looked almost sad with his dark brown puppy eyes.

 

“Hanbyul, sometimes you outshine the stars.” He swept his arm across the sky and then looked back at me. “You know that, right?”

 

I felt how something was tearing apart inside of me. Jonghyun, why are you saying these things to me if you don't honestly like me?

 

Then something else inside of me said thump.

 

Something that hadn't said thump in that way for a very long time.

 

I wasn't stupid, I knowed exactly what is was. It was that thump who had made my highschool-years just about one guy who hadn't liked me, that thump who hade made me hoplessy in love with that senior in upper secondary and that thump that had made me fall for Dongmin and that had made me promise to never feel thump for anyone else again.

 

And here it was. When I stared at Jonghyuns face, his kind of uneven eyes, his strong jaw and flirtatious smile. That thump that took over my body, my heart my brain -

 

I panicked. It couldn't be this way, that I fell for every boy that was nice towards me. I couldn't fall for Jonghyun. I just couldn't. But this feelin was telling me that I would hoplessy, just hoplessy completely fall in love with him.

 

I needed to get away. Maybe if I got really far away from him my heart would stop beat like this for him.

 

So I decided to go immediately. I could se that he got upset and that he persistently wanted to know if I was alright but I couldn't answear because I was to upset and before I know it I was on the street outside, going home, trying my heardes to not replay the moment when he said “Hanbyul, somethimes you outshine the stars” over and over again with his incredibly smooth voice-

 

Which, I realised, I also had fallen for.

 

________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the long wait, I've had a hard time writing lately -.-'

 

Thank you the folks who reads this! It really makes me happy that someone else than my friend wants to read it ^.^

 

Take care and I'll try to update soon again !